"I do"

"Pretending"

He stood in front of the reflective surface and nitpicked at the smallest details till he could claim it was perfect, the only problem being he would never make that statement. Once he fixed one aspect of his appearance, another part was either messed up or a new imperfection was found.

He lost track of how long he had been standing there but the soles of his feet were beginning to get sore. Shifting his weight, he checked and rechecked until the one who had been watching him silently chuckled at his antics.

"You're such a princess, you've smoothed down every surface and picked off every piece of lint a normal person could see along with some I think were fake, you're fine." A man, supporting a matching suit stood from where he was and walked over to join the reflection.

"You don't understand, I have to look perfect-"

"For this one day and then return to the imperfect look you had once it's over? Your husband's not here to marry the perfect you, he's never seen that nor will he ever. He's marrying the one he's known till now and the one you will be after this." A hand was placed on the princess's hip as the two looked at each other, grins on their faces despite the playful banter.

"Marriage is supposed to be the happiest day of your life, I don't wanna look like a slob."

"And you don't, you look stressed, not happy. If anything, even if you showed up in sweats, hair ruffled from what we did the night before, and teeth not even brushed, I would still be honored to get married to you." The man continued to explain and pressed a kiss to his princess's cheek.

"You don't get it you don't-"

"Overthink? I don't. And I'm not planning on doing so anytime soon, marriage just makes it so that you can't legally go off and cheat on me, especially with how easy it would be for you to do so," arms wrapped around the labeled princess and another kiss was planted on his cheek.

He moved around in the hold, complaining about the wrinkles being formed on his suit from the hug. "If I'm the princess doesn't that make you the prince I'm getting married to? You should make yourself presentable as well."

"Are you saying I don't look amazing in this suit?" The embrace was broken so the prince could spin around, expecting to be admired by the princess but getting a roll of eyes and a replay of the scene he saw just ten minutes before.

"Are you done?" He asked once a pair of hands hand dropped to his side. There was silence and the prince spoke up again. "Are you thinking of him again?"

"I just... wish he was here... I didn't think he would be gone for this long." A deep breath was taken then let go. "I wonder if it's better he's not here or if he should have been."

"He liked you before I did, and he loves you, I'm sure he still does, but I think it would have hurt him more to see us get married."

With a nod, the two finally left, with one final check in the mirror, to their wedding.

-

"I'm surprised he's not wearing a dress," Minhyuk had commented as he watched Kihyun walk down the aisle. He was one of the last voices to be heard and the snicker coming from his friends behind him received a glare. Knowing there wasn't any true irritation behind it, just slight embarrassment, they rubbed it off and Minhyuk stole a glance at Hyunwoo once Kihyun passed.

The one to be married with Kihyun was awestruck, to say the least. His eyes were brimmed with tears and he had to force a smile so he wouldn't break down into sobs, it was the first time Minhyuk had ever seen him like that. He stood there, back straight and eyes shining. An overwhelming feeling washed over Minhyuk when he saw Kihyun biting his lip as he tried to keep the tears in as well.

There was a small laugh coming from the couple and a few guests laughed along with them, Minhyuk included. The music playing came to a stop and everyone sat as the mothers of Hyunwoo and Kihyun came to the front.

"Welcome everyone," Kihyun's mother had started, pausing to wipe away a single tear after the sentence was out. Her voice failed her the moment she tried to speak again, her eyes flashing to her son and his husband, Kihyun had set his hand on his mother's shoulder encouraging her to continue but the tears continued to fall.

"Welcome everyone, thank you for coming to witness my son and the one he loves most come together to create a new, closer relationship, together. I admit I was shocked when Hyunwoo brought home Kihyun, he was so different from the previous girlfriends Hyunwoo has had. And yes, girlfriends." She looked to Kihyun lovingly, smiling at him and taking his hand to hold.

"You were the first boy Hyunwoo brought home, I'm sorry for being so closed off at first," she took in a breath when Kihyun laughed and shook his head in a way to tell her it was understandable, "but even on the first day, I could see why Hyunwoo had interest in you."

"Hyunwoo, my Hyunwoo, soon to be yours," she continued to address Kihyun, "he was never one to tell others what to do, which would always get in the way of relationships with the girls that liked him. They would wonder what he wanted to do, and he would answer with-"

"Whatever you want to do," Kihyun laughed, stealing a moment to look at his fiance and hiding his face afterward. Misses Son titled Kihyun's face back up before she continued again.

"You're the only person I've seen that was able to tell when he wanted to do something or when he wanted to stay in, there have been times when you knew what my son wanted and I didn't, and I'm glad you're the one standing here to get married to him today." She hugged both Kihyun and her son, finally letting her tears fall silently as they turned their attention to Misses Yoo.

"I'm sorry for that before, thank you for saying those words about my son, but I think everyone here knows how much dear Hyunwoo has to go through with this one." She pointed to her own son and enticed a laugh from everyone. Clearing her nose again she took a breath before the rest of her speech.

"Hyunwoo, you're different, not only do you tolerate the forcefulness of my son, but you love and encourage it. You're a gentleman that has the ability to calm down my son with one touch, something I haven't seen anyone else do. You raised him right," she nudged Hyunwoo's mother when she said the last statement. Laughter erupted again and Minhyuk wiped the tear away from his cheek as Kihyun shifted where he stood.

"In all seriousness, you're the one I was absolutely sure about and the only one I wished Kihyun would keep. I've seen you two fight, and I'm still astonished at how well you handle situations with him. You don't only listen, but you agree with the mistakes he accuses you of, then explain the situation without trying to get out of the blame, and this was only in the beginning of your relationship. I have never seen you two fight about anything for the second time, have you?" She turned towards Misses Son who had thought about it for a while before realizing that no, she's never seen them fight over something more than once.

"I hope you continue to understand each other as much as you do, even with how opposite you guys are--and I never believed in the concept of opposites attract, I've experienced too many fights--I see a miracle. Thank you for being a miracle for my son." Like Hyunwoo's mother, Misses Yoo gave the couple a hug before backing away and the husbands-to-be watched their mothers return to their seats. 

As the applause came to a stop and even as tears were fresh in his eyes, a man wearing dress pants over his shirt and supporting a jacket, all of the same dark shade of black, came to the front to witness the couple. "Hello everyone, I'm Jisoo, for those who don't know me, and I'm here to give these two the spiritual bond needed for marriage. I haven't known Kihyun or Hyunwoo for as long as most of you, I only met them a few years ago when one of Kihyun's old clients came and auditioned for a company we're now both working for, and after we met, it still took a while for us to get to know each other."

Minhyuk's ears perked at the mention of the client, he had noticed how the name was avoided and a weight settled in his chest when he saw Kihyun's eyes flicker towards him. He rolled his lips together and did his best to focus on the rest of Jisoo's speech.

"Their bond is unbreakable, every time I would see them around set, Hyunwoo looks at Kihyun like he's the most important thing in the world," He smiled when Hyunwoo blushed at the words, Kihyun grinning at his fiance's embarrassment. "Kihyun, the way Kihyun talks to Hyunwoo is different than how he speaks to other people, I once overheard a conversation of theirs and in the few minutes I tried to understand, the topic went from dinner to their house, to Hyunwoo's job, to children, to their parents, to their apartment, and many others. It was like Hyunwoo was communicating with him through telepathy," Kihyun laughed and hid his face, feeling embarrassed having been exposed even of something so small.

Minhyuk tried to keep his breathing steady, every word Jisoo said about Kihyun and Hyunwoo's relationship, every word he used to explain love, he felt that same feeling in his chest that's been harvesting for the past twenty-four months since Hyungwon left. His attempts to tune into Jisoo's speech brought one simple thought to his mind but he grounded himself when his gaze met Kihyun again. Kihyun's worried look let him know he needed to think about something else so instead of thinking about the man, he wondered how the man did it.

It brought a smaller amount of guilt to his heart when he wondered about how Hyungwon had simply pretended to be okay; how could he just turn off his emotions like that? Minhyuk guessed it had to do with how much his past lover overthought everything, how he was always focused on the future, never on the situation at hand, and Minhyuk could agree that it helps. In his future, his hopeful future, he and Hyungwon are standing in a spot similar to the one Kihyun and Hyunwoo are standing.

He took in a deep breath and focused on the main reason he was inside the small hall, Hyunwoo had just finished his vows and Kihyun had begun his moments after.

"I want to thank you for sticking with me all these years, for protecting me on top of that, and working to provide for me when I go out and make those business risks. There are three people that understand me most in the world, all in different ways, and I can honestly say if you weren't one of them, I would be a mess right now. I'll never forget the day I met you when I needed a break from everything and stupidly went out to a club with some fake I.D I got the day before--sorry mom," Minhyuk felt lighter at the joke and cracked a smile, he had never thought Kihyun would be the type to do that.

"Anyway, you weren't in the club, but you helped me from getting into big trouble, Hyung" Hyunwoo bit his lip as he smiled, tears b in his eyes at the memory.

"For those of you that don't know," Kihyun turned to his guests, "I was almost caught by the cops, almost, Hyunwoo saw me on his way home from the..."

"Gym," Hyunwoo filled in.

"Yeah, the gym--he went to a gym that passes a club and he stays till night, I always think he was waiting for something like this to happen--Anyway, he comes up to me arguing with the cops and pretends to be worried and the cop asks him what business he has with me. He tells the cop he's my older brother and he's willing to take responsibility for my actions." Kihyun turned back towards his fiance and smiles.

"Son Hyunwoo, even when I don't know the situation, even when you are totally at wrong, I will be by your side to defend you with my utmost ability--of course unless you're in a fight with me. Yet, even in those fights, I promise to put our love on top of all of it, I trust in you as much and if not more than you trust in me, and it goes the same for the amount of love I have for you. If I find something in you that I haven't noticed before, I will love it. If you change something about yourself to the complete opposite, I will love it, because I have come to love a man named Son Hyunwoo and I promise to never give him up for anything."

"And with the traditional vows, Son Hyunwoo, do you take Yoo Kihyun to be your husband, to love and cherish, to protect and correct, to trust and honor, in sickness and in health, rich or poor, best and worse, till death do you part?"

"I do," his voice was soft as he stared into his lover's eyes, and Kihyun visibly swallowed down the sob he wanted to let out.

"And Yoo Kihyun, do you take Son Hyunwoo to be your husband, to love and cherish, to protect and correct, to trust and honor, in sickness and in health, rich or poor, best and worse, till death do you part?"

"I do," he tried his best to force down his tears but they spilled over as Joshua concluded the ceremony.

"I now pronounce you, husbands" As their lips met tears streamed, hands came together again and again after, continuing for several minutes before pictures began to be taken and the food was being brought out to serve.

Checking the seat he was to take, he was surprised he was right next to Kihyun in opposition to the best man, his cousin. He smiled nonetheless and began to chat idly with said cousin while the two husbands made the rest of their way to the main table one picture at a time.

Minhyuk had teasingly pulled out his phone just to see Kihyun's teary eyes roll, even though he would have another chance once he gave his speech. Noticing the slight green color coming from the top of his phone, he only got the chance to unlock it before the smell of freshly roasted barbecue made it's way to his nose and his stomach took over his mind.

-

"This-- Minhyuk-" Kihyun looked at the files in front of him, up at his crying mother, and then to Hyunwoo. "I-- I can't possibly accept this- I couldn't-"

"You can, and you will." Minhyuk laughed, pushing the papers towards Kihyun once more.

"This" Kihyun crumpled the sides of the stack slightly in his attempts to clench his fist. "You're giving away your artistic freedom to me as a small wedding present Minhyuk-"

"You make it sound like it'll be easy for you to persuade me," with his fingers pressed to Kihyun's lips he winked and continued, "I'm not the most stubborn person, I'm pretty sure you'd get me to agree if you were set on the idea, but I am annoying when it comes to what I want to do. All you have to do is sign the papers, it's an offer. Just keep in mind, I act exactly the same, client or not." He brought a pen out of his back pocket and handed it over to his possible future manager.

Once the pen was out of his hand he straightened his back and smiled as Kihyun signed the marked line, sealing the deal. He took his copy and laughed when arms were wrapped around his neck and his balance was threatened. He returned the hug and amused himself with the idea of Kihyun being so happy about five papers stapled together.

They stepped away from each other, Kihyun beaming and Minhyuk smiling. He was about to apologize to Hyunwoo for the lack of something special but a ring came from his pocket and he would have ignored it if Hyunwoo didn't need to get the door after the bell was rung.

Pulling out his phone he excused himself to the kitchen, turning his back on the couple when he saw it was just a delivery man. "Yujin? I thought you were at work."

"I am. Aren't you coming to get him?" A light sparked in the back of Minhyuk's mind and he forced it off, it couldn't have been what he was thinking. "He's crying"

Minhyuk stole a look at the living room and the light shone brighter at Kihyun's expression; hand covering his mouth as the other reached toward a letter on top of the small box.

"Didn't you see my text?" Minhyuk couldn't bring himself to reply as he watched Kihyun struggle to open the letter, only remembering Hyunwoo was in the room when he took the fragile envelope from his husband so the opening process would be easier. He continued to stare as the passage was passed back to Kihyun.

He didn't seem to read much before a small sob was let out of his throat and Minhyuk was brought back to his phone call with words that sent him sprinting for the door.

"Hyungwon's back,"

-

He could see his reflection in the black windows, through the tint he could make out a person at the counter resting their cheek against the cool surface and his best friend accompanying the poor guy. Yujin's eyes flickered up for a split second and his expression already morphed into one of annoyance as he angrily pointed down to the drunkard.

Minhyuk furrowed his brows and later he would figure flailing his arms around himself in front of a bar doesn't make him seem like the soberest person. Slowly pushing his way inside a wave of emotions crashed over him when the locks of blond hair turned and a face came into view.

At first, he wanted to punch the other. He wanted to let out the entire two years worth of anguish in a fist fight with the blond but all he did was bite his lip and wait for him to react. His eyes moved from the tousled hair to the furrowed eyebrows above glazed eyes, which must have been crying if there were tear stains on those plush cheeks. His face shape had slimmed down, his shoulders were hunched over but still broad in comparison to the size of his head. Minhyuk let out a small breath through his nose when Hyungwon began to speak. 

"You look like Minhyuk," the voice pointed out, a slightly airy feel to the tone and a giggle following. "I miss him," Minhyuk mentally winced at the words and he sat down in the chair next over, trying to listen to the soft mumbles Hyungwon let out.

"What?" He asked automatically, immediately working to take it back but he would have missed the second round of words.

"Minhyuk would look really good with black hair." Being mentioned like he wasn't the topic at hand, he wondered if it would be a good idea to play along or not. Before he could find out for himself Yujin spoke up.

"What if you saw Minhyuk?" Hyungwon's eyes widened and he looked around in a moment of panic, pouring guilt into the pit of Minhyuk's stomach. When Hyungwon was done scanning the area he relaxed and pouted down at the counter.

"I want to tell him I'm sorry, but, but I don't know if he even wants to see me. He... He left me and it's all my fault." Yujin looked to Minhyuk with a warning, telling him he did not want to see Hyungwon cry for the who-knows-what'nth time.

"Can you stand?" Minhyuk finally spoke to the other and for a moment he thought Hyungwon recognized him, his voice hasn't changed the slightest, but Hyungwon just bit his lip before telling Minhyuk he sounded a lot like himself.

"Where are you going to bring me?" Hyungwon asked, getting on the 'stranger's back nonetheless.

"My house, but I won't do anything, I just don't trust your instructions or a taxi, especially if they know who you are."

Hyungwon pushed away from his back a little and it forced Minhyuk to hold on tighter than he wanted. "You know who I am?"

"I've seen all of your shows, and movies, I'm a huge fan." He said it as easy as it was honest but a moment of silence later he realized how weird it came out. "Wait-"

There was a vibration coming from his back, it was Hyungwon's laugh. He smiled, holding the blond closer. "You remind me a lot of him... He never thought before he spoke, I even think you smell like him, but it's probably how drunk I am." Minhyuk wanted to prove him wrong but remembering the panicked expression he wore earlier, he decided against it and opened his car door.

Getting into the driver's seat he held his breath when a face appeared so close to his when he went to buckle his seatbelt.  "What are you doing?" He whispered, like anything louder would bring his lips closer to the others.

"Can I kiss you?" Hyungwon whispered back, the smell of alcohol filling Minhyuk's senses. There was a long pause and Minhyuk's lips were dry but he cleared his throat and looked away before wetting them.

"I don't think that's right. You're drunk and not thinking correctly." He started the car and waited for the engine to warm along with the buckling of Hyungwon's seatbelt.

"Hyungwon," Minhyuk asked outside of his apartment door. The sleepy adult hummed to let him know he was listening. "What made you come back?" He didn't stop and wait for an answer, he simply helped the other get ready for bed. He wondered if he should have brought Hyungwon back to his old apartment, he had kept it reserved because of memories. Maybe he should have brought him to Kihyun, but if Hyungwon wanted to see the manager, he would have called him. He wondered if Hyungwon would have stayed if Minhyuk hadn't come and get him.

He could have gone to any bar, but he chose the one Yujin worked at. It could have been the memories of them together but even so, he knew there was a chance of bumping into Minhyuk.

Before he left the room he heard the faint whisper, he wouldn't have caught it if the question he asked earlier wasn't on his mind.

"I still love him."

-

Hyungwon pushed the heels of his palms to his eyes and kept them closed for a bit more after removing his hands.

Resting there for a while he curled up in the blankets around him he thought about the past two years.

Even as Hoseok warned him to cancel the line, he texted the number every day and Hoseok had the courtesy to read. Some days Hyungwon would ask for a message to be passed on, knowing well enough Hoseok wouldn't do so. Some days he would explain how sorry he was, how he knew what he was doing was horrible. Other days he would pretend the messages were small diary entries, he even sent a message starting with, "Dear Diary," in hopes to get a laugh out of Hoseok but to no avail. 

He had never missed a day out of the six-hundred-and-sixty-nine of being gone. On the six-hundred-and-seventieth, Hoseok had texted back for the first time telling Hyungwon about the wedding.

The next sixty days were filled with the usual unanswered messages. Hyungwon was still undecided on his present, he had bought matching towels for the couple and wrote a note in apology for missing the wedding, but the option of going to see them on their special day weighed him down. The day after, Hoseok sent a simple goodbye message and Hyungwon felt his heart drop.

'Hyungwon, I guess two years is my limit. Telling you about the wedding was the last thing I could think of that had a chance of bringing you back. Whether you come back or not, this is goodbye. By the time you finish reading this message, if you decide to read up till now-' 

Hyungwon hadn't pressed call faster in his life. The phone continued to ring and ring till eventually it got connected. "Hoseok-"

"You're not going huh?" The question made him sit back on his heels in shock.

"Hoseok-"

"I'm sorry Hyungwon, sorry I couldn't understand you, I'm sorry I didn't do enough to make you happy, I'm sorry I couldn't make you fall in love with me. I'm sorry for falling in love with you and I'm sorry we can't stay as friends. I'm sorry I was selfish and kept the phone, I'm sorry I helped you stay hidden from Minhyuk and Kihyun, I'm sorry for being selfish like that-"

"Hoseok you're not-"

"I am. If I really wanted to do what's best for you I would have told them where you were already, I would have given them this phone, I would have brought you back to the people who make you happy." There was a moment of silence when Hoseok began to choke up on his words, "But no, I didn't do that, I can't do that because I'm just that ing selfish. I'm sorry Hyungwon, I even sent the message knowing you would call I'll just go-"

"Hoseok-"

"Hyungwon," it was a warning, and it silenced said man, "Go to the wedding."

And the call ended.

No matter how many times Hyungwon called after that, it wouldn't go through, it would ring, and ring, and ring. Hyungwon tried to look at the blurred out phone screen, pressing call one more time and getting sent straight to voicemail. He resisted the urge to throw his phone, moving back to his messages to read the rest of Hoseok's text.

'You probably called me then, and if I decide to follow through, I hung up and told you to go to the wedding. I probably didn't get you to promise, but I'm begging you to please go. There's one person that makes you the happiest I've ever seen. If you weren't happy where you are now, you would have moved on and canceled the phone bill like I told you to. You still love him Hyungwon, and I know it. Maybe we'll meet again, maybe not, but I can't get over you if you keep messaging me every day. I don't know if it'll hurt you, I'd feel honored if you were worried about me, but if I'm going to get over you, this is the best way. You'll be happy with Minhyuk, I promise. It'll be hard at first but you both love each other still. You'll wonder how I know, I just do. Goodbye Hyungwon. I'm sorry."

Hyungwon hadn't slept that night, he stayed up crying, reading through the message over and over again, he tried calling a few times but continued to get sent to voicemail. He had calmed his tears by the time the sun rose but he couldn't bring himself to move from his spot. His eyes were heavy, his heart even heavier. His thoughts moved to the wedding that would be taking place in a few hours if he went he would make it by vows but there wasn't a will in his body to get ready.

Suddenly his phone was ringing and his eyes rolled towards the flashing screen, it was an unknown number. He ignored it and continued to stare at the wall. The ringing continued and he felt a sense of deja vu. The third time his phone went off he answered but remained silent.

"M-Mister Hyungwon?" Hyungwon stayed silent, blinking twice before looking down at his phone again, static filled his ears and for a moment he thought he had imagined the young voice, it was matured slightly but held the same innocence, the same wavering hesitance in every word, the same accent.

"Mister Hyungwon?" It came again, steadier this time and Hyungwon took a long breath in through his nose.

"Chan?"

"Mister Hyungwon!" There were so many emotions behind his name, and he felt his eyes turn hot once more.

"Hey," he offered weakly, "H-how are you?"

"Mister Hyungwon," the sob came, and Hyungwon managed to let out a laugh of disbelief, pulling his knees closer to his chest as it bubbled with laughter and his heart was wrung painfully dry by the broken, relief filled voice."I-I miss y-you so mu-uch"

"I miss you too Chan... How did you get this number?" He wiped his face with the bedsheets, feeling a bit better listening to the kid but still making no attempts to move from his spot.

"M-Mister Mark a-and Mister Ja-ackson got it f-from another guy a-and he said he kn-new where you were b-but he said you- you didn't want t-to come- to come b-back." And Chan was crying again. The crying got fainter before a booming voice threatened to deafen him.

"Hey, Mister Hyungwon?? Where have you been all these years? You have a lot of people back home who are worried! Almost got a little bird lost trying to go after you."

"J-Jackson? I'm sorry Chan can-"

"I wasn't talking about Chan." Jackson's voice was teasing but it still managed to make Hyungwon forget how to breathe. His heart suddenly filled up with anxiety as his mind made a list of who they may be talking about.

"You're not talking about-"

"It's exactly who I'm talking about, every time he comes to help he drives off in the opposite direction, every time, Hyungwon. I can't tell you to love him again if you don't but at least let him apologize."

"I-..." Hyungwon couldn't find the right words to say, and Jackson seemed to notice since Chan's voice came through his speaker again. 

"I-I'm never g-gonna see y-you again?" Hyungwon bit his lip. Eyeing his bedroom door he tried to imagine what would happen if he stepped outside of it. Chan misses him, but he can't take care of Chan, not with how he is right now. Kihyun probably misses him, but he and Hyunwoo are getting married today, they'll be busy together. He looked at the unsent towels and thought of Minhyuk. Minhyuk left him, Minhyuk wouldn't come back--

"Mister Minhyuk always comes back"

Chan's words before suddenly rang through his head and he shook it in attempts to get rid of the thought, but the words stuck to him like his own skin.

"Chan..." he said quietly.

"Y-yes Mister Hyungwon?"

"Does Mister Minhyuk still visit you guys?" There was a sniffle on the other side of the line and his heart sped up in anticipation.

"Almost every d-day. H-he couldn't today because h-he's going to a wedding. B-but! I could let y-y-you talk t-tomorrow since you w-won't come back." Hyungwon truly smiled for the first time in a while.

"Chan?" He asked, straightening his legs and stretching, his body physically spasming from the aftermaths of his sobs.

"Y-yes?"

"Do you still have my bracelet?" There was a silence on the other end of the line and Hyungwon worried that the answer wouldn't be what he wanted to hear but a loud, tear-filled "Yes" met his ears and he finally got off the bed.

His happiness only lasted for a while, during the car ride back his thoughts wandered to the past, how he would return only to be left. His mind moved to the possibilities of Minhyuk seeing him again and finding Hyungwon different than how he was before. What if Minhyuk wouldn't be patient? Hyungwon knew it was going to be hard to get back into rhythm with how things were, none of them knew how long it would be, what if Minhyuk couldn't wait and decides to leave him just like Hoseok did?

He bit his lip and managed to keep his tears at bay until the car stopped in front of the post office. After paying the driver he ducked his head and walked in with the towels in hand. The office worker hadn't recognized him, and there was no comment on how red his eyes were from crying, the setting made it seem like there wasn't anything wrong. He felt a bit silly for thinking so in such a trivial place but he could feel himself relax with every minute he waited to be handed papers to fill out.

"U-um," he spoke up before they could set the package in the back. "Could you deliver that today? It's my friend's wedding..." and for the first time, the worker took a good look at him. He felt his cheeks heat up under the gaze and breathed out a sigh of relief when he saw the girl smile and nod.

Walking out again he was hit with the realization Kihyun and Hyunwoo now belonged to each other, Hyungwon was put second. While it wasn't the worst thing in the world but he felt pushed away. Figuring he deserved it he kept his head low and aimlessly walked around the city. He could remember walking around with Minhyuk, the memory of the other's hand still fresh in his mind.

The next time he looked up he was in front of the bar Minhyuk brought him to, he could feel a slight tug at his lips as he remembered meeting the fan. Without thinking, his hand was on the handle and he was pushing his way through the doors.

There weren't many people on the first floor, similar to his last visit, and surprisingly, the same worker from that night was still there and he recognized the other immediately. Thankfully he didn't make a big outburst but the reaction was still big enough to bring the heat back to Hyungwon's cheeks.

"Y-you're alive?!" The question caught Hyungwon off guard he turned to make sure he was the one spoken to.

"Does everyone think I'm dead?" He asked quietly once he sat at the counter.

"No, Minhyuk doesn't tell me anything but he suddenly stopped talking about you so I had assumed you died but-" Yujin caught the small flash of sadness going through Hyungwon's eyes at the mention of his best friend's name. "Did... Something happen between you two? He gets really sad when I bring you up and I can tell your mood got darker when you heard his name."

Hyungwon hadn't even known when Yujin started handing him drinks, nor did he remember if it was out of pity or if he asked for them and the bartender was just doing his job, what he did remember, was seeing someone that looked, smelled, and sounded exactly like Minhyuk, picking him up and bringing him to their house.

Jerking up he held his head and tried his best to get a good look at where he was. There didn't seem to be anything dangerous in the room, he was fully clothed, but in a different outfit than what he came in. He didn't feel any other damage to his body other than his head, and he was able to freely move his hands and legs.

He looked around at the desk near the bed and blinked when he saw his own face, confused until he recognized it as one of his movies. He took another look around and found more of his films on a chair next to the television at the end of the room.

His hand reached out to the phone at his bedside to check the time 5:27; he almost slept for a whole day in this stranger's bed.

Creating a mission for himself to find his own clothes he the lamp, groaning at the sudden brightness and falling back onto the bed he waited for the pain to subside before attempting to get up again. He made a full round in the room, but he found none of his belongings aside from his phone.

He peeked his head out of the doorway and checked for any company before blindly wandering through the darkening hallway to where the laundry room would be. The first door he opened, another door further down the hallway, was another bedroom surprisingly lacking signs of a person sleeping in it. It was like another guest room.

The door across was the bathroom, and the sudden need to empty his bladder hit him but he decided he could do so when he would change. He found a small office behind the last door, across from the bedroom he had woken up in. There were papers messily stacked at the corner of the single desk, along with a few films occupying the bookshelf behind it. There was another television in the room and Hyungwon left without another look, feeling like it was a personal space.

Making his way to the other side of the house he caught the sight of who he guessed to be the home's owner on the couch, hugging a pillow, which hid his face and taking a nap. Hyungwon held his breath and hoped the owner wasn't a light sleeper when every step down the living room creaked under the weight of the tall male.

Unfortunately, the owner must not have been in a deep stage of sleep, Hyungwon--only on his third step into the room--frantically looked around for a place to hide.

Eyes fluttered open and were rubbed with slim fingers before focus was zeroed in on the guest. Making eye contact, Hyungwon's jaw went slack when he got a full view of the other's face. It was no look-alike of Minhyuk.

"You're awake," The voice was hoarse, with something more than just sleep, Hyungwon knew what it was like to talk with that voice, and he swallowed a lump in his throat before speaking.

"Where's your laundry room?" Minhyuk's eyes flickered down the hallway for a brief second and Hyungwon began to continue his way but a call glued his feet to the hardwood immediately.

"Will you come back when you're changed?" The question was quiet as if Minhyuk was afraid Hyungwon would run away at a louder tone. Minhyuk wasn't looking at him when he nodded but didn't make a move from the couch when he finally disappeared.

When he came back Minhyuk was in the kitchen. He hadn't changed out of the clothes yet, whether it was because there was no lock on the door or he wanted to stay surrounded in Minhyuk's belongings for a little longer he didn't know but he asked for permission to use the bathroom.

Seeing his reflection in the mirror he pinched the skin on his forearm and hissed when pain flared throughout the area. A million questions were blaring through his mind but he felt unusually calm like there wasn't anything he had to worry about since Minhyuk had wanted him to stay.

He smelled the makings of coffee when he came back out to the living room. A familiar silence enveloped the two when Hyungwon sat at the counter and Minhyuk fixed up two cups of coffee and one for water, sliding a pill next to the two cups before taking a sip of his own drink.

Hyungwon took the painkiller in the silence, stealing glances at Minhyuk with every touch of a new object. He downed the glass of water before sipping his own coffee. He could see Minhyuk moving towards him while he stared at a spot on the counter, and only turned when the brunette stopped at his side.

Setting the cup down and looking up at the deep brown eyes he hasn't seen for two years, he couldn't hold in the wave of emotions coursing through him from showing on his face. His lips wanted him to smile, but his eyes stung with sadness and guilt, his cheeks got warm from the attention and his hands reached out to touch the other but stopped before anything could happen.

He had begun to bring his hands back but arms were wrapped around his neck and his face was being pushed into a chest, where he wished he could stay.

"I missed you so much." Minhyuk's voice was broken and Hyungwon hesitantly brought his hands back up, like he was waiting for Minhyuk to let go, but the hug went on and Hyungwon was able to hold Minhyuk there.

He turned his head and closed his eyes as he took in the whole situation, he could feel Minhyuk's broken breathing from trying to cry silently, and he would have told the other to let it out if he wasn't trying to do the same thing. He could feel the slight shake in Minhyuk's arms as he pulled Hyungwon closer to him but made sure the other could still breathe at the same time. He noticed the way Minhyuk would move his lips to kiss the top of his head, letting Hyungwon know he was still there and he still loved the other.

Hyungwon's own knuckles turned white from how hard he was holding the back of Minhyuk's shirt, he pressed his eyes to the cloth covering the bare skin of Minhyuk's shoulder and stopped the tears by letting them seep into the fabric.

"I'm sorry," he whimpered, pulling Minhyuk closer so he couldn't run away. "I-I thought you left," he continued, "I- I thought I wasn't needed a-and you were going to-"

"Hyungwon I'm not gonna leave you. I thought- I thought you wanted me to walk out that door but I never wanted to leave you. I just thought" Minhyuk's lips pressed down onto the skull of Hyungwon's head once more, "You seemed so okay with the idea, I thought it's what you wanted." Hyungwon's head shook furiously at his shoulder and Minhyuk threaded his fingers through the blond locks in an attempt to calm the other down. "Shhh, I know now, and I won't ever let you go ever again, even if you come to hate me in the future, even if aliens would come down to the earth offering to make me their king--which is totally awesome by the way--They would have to make you the princess for me to agree."

And there it was, the laugh he's been waiting to hear all this time. He laughed along, burying his face further into the hair he loves so much, on top of the head he loves so much, supporting the face he loves so much, leading to the neck he loves so much, and the shoulders he absolutely adores, which held the arms he could admire for the rest of his life, coming in pair with the hand he gets to hold and the fingers he gets to kiss and play with. Those same fingers pick up the clothes that cover the smooth, lean torso he would love to see more of. He had his favorite person in his arms, and he wasn't planning on letting go anytime soon.

"Minhyuk- I can't-" Hyungwon's strained voice caused Minhyuk to loosen his hold and settle for a touch of their fingers, which Hyungwon broke for a moment to push the black hair back and reveal a clean forehead. "When and why?" The question came, fingers rubbing the black strands lovingly.

"About a year ago, it reminded me of you. And this?" Minhyuk's free hand moved up towards Hyungwon's own blond locks before cupping a swollen face and wiping the tears away.

"The second day I was gone, I couldn't go as light as you went, but I did it because it reminded me of you too." Pushing the front hairs back, Hyungwon brought Minhyuk's face down in a kiss, smiling when Minhyuk's hands found his waist and brought them closer together.

Breaking away and resting their foreheads together Hyungwon shoved the other slightly when his morning breath was commented on.

"Technically it's evening breath," Hyungwon corrected, only to have his lips stolen near the end of his sentence.

-

"I don't know, he just told me that you had to order the small"

"He's been here, right? He knows they're going to prank me if I order a small?"

"From what I know, yeah he's been there, but he'd be mad if you didn't do what he wanted."

"You're right. The waiter's coming call you later."

"Bye"

"Hello sir, welcome to Asahan, are you ready to order?" The waiter pulled out a notepad and Hyungwon scanned over the menu he's seen over a million times before ordering what he usually gets but in a small. "Breakfast burrito, small please." Nodding, the waiter was off.

Hyungwon leaned back in the chair, tapping his fingernails on the table as he watched a group of friends get up and leave. He smiled at the young couples, laughing at nonsense because being full had made everything THAT much funnier.

It's been a good year since he had returned, it was easier than he thought it would be to get back into the same lifestyle they had before he left, and he could give Minhyuk all the credit. There were a few new things, like sharing a home and quitting the acting business, focusing more on dance and modeling. It was a nice year.

But he had no idea why Minhyuk had asked him out to Asahan for their year anniversary of the whole event, it wasn't that he hated the place, but there wasn't a big significance tied to their relationship, and forcing him to get pranked, he felt a small hope there was something special but he couldn't think about it too much since his order was called out.

His food was ready in record time, there was only so much that went into a fry and a squirt of ketchup, he anticipated it and sure enough, there was a-

Letter, with his name on it, set on the silver tray. He looked back up at the waiter to find Yujin winking down at him. His jaw dropped for a moment and he brought his attention back towards the letter. Yujin excused himself to the back and Hyungwon opened the note. He looked around self-consciously, making sure no one would look over his shoulder as he read.

'Dear Chae Hyungwon,'

Was all the letter said and he flipped the paper on to the back, checking for more words but there was nothing. Another person came through, calling his order, and Hyungwon smiled at Changkyun. He put down the current letter he was holding and took the second one from Changkyun's tray.

'I love you so much'

He rolled his eyes and looked at the next person coming to him, "Hi Jooheon," He greeted. The 'waiter' nodded and performed his job of delivering the next note to the customer.

'I would even give up living forever for you unless we could do it together. I'm all for that too'

He laughed and blinked when Hyunwoo stood in front of him, tray already revealed and paper waiting to be taken. "Thanks," he said, smiling and waving him off.

'Now I'm kind of scared.' Hyungwon raised a brow at the next 'waiter' Jackson. Said waiter didn't even hold a tray, just slapped a hand down on Hyungwon's shoulder and dropped the paper into his lap.

'Because I kind of know what you'll answer, but there's a chance I don't.' Hyungwon blinked when he saw Mark come up to him, placing the paper in his hands comfortably, apologizing for Jackson before going to scold his boyfriend.

'Now I know this is sudden.' He looked up expecting another waiter to come out but he sat there for a while before his best friend came out, tears b his eyes and the happiest smile he could put on his face. Hyungwon understood the situation in a moment and tears were brought to his eyes as well.

Kihyun handed him the paper and Hyungwon shook his head in disbelief. Kihyun hugged his best friend and wiped his tears away before taking his leave.

'But...'

Finally, his date came out, fancy suit and hair slicked back, showing off the forehead Hyungwon loved so much. He walked down dramatically, a towel draped over his forearm like a stereotypical butler would have, and Hyungwon laughed when his boyfriend waved to the other customers looking at him questioningly.

Dramatically unfolding the towel, Minhyuk gave it to Hyungwon at the same time he got down on one knee. There were gasps from all around and Hyungwon just pushed at Minhyuk's shoulder when he nodded towards a person staring from a table away.

"Chae Hyungwon," Minhyuk started, staring up at said male with the most love a person could hold in his eyes. "Will you take my hand in marriage?" He couldn't keep his laugh down as he broke into a grin. Hyungwon rolled his eyes at the slightly incorrect statement but grabbed Minhyuk by the collar and kissed him nonetheless. There were cheers all around them and they got even louder when Minhyuk slipped the ring onto Hyungwon's finger.

-

Hyungwon stood in front of the reflective surface and nitpicked at the smallest details till he could claim it was perfect, the only problem being he would never make that statement. Once he fixed one aspect of his appearance, another part was either messed up or a new imperfection was found.

He lost track of how long he had been standing there but the soles of his feet were beginning to get sore. Shifting his weight, he checked and rechecked until the one who had been watching him silently chuckled at his antics.

"You're such a princess, you've smoothed down every surface and picked off every piece of lint a normal person could see along with some I think were fake, you're fine." Minhyuk, supporting a matching suit stood from where he was and walked over to join the reflection.

"You don't understand, I have to look perfect-"

"For this one day and then return to the imperfect look you had once it's over? Your husband's not here to marry the perfect you, he's never seen that nor will he ever. He's marrying the one he's known till now and the one you will be after this." A hand was placed on Hyungwon's hip as the two looked at each other, grins on their faces despite the playful banter.

"Marriage is supposed to be the happiest day of your life, I don't wanna look like a slob."

"And you don't, you look stressed, not happy. If anything, even if you showed up in sweats, hair ruffled from what we did the night before, and teeth not even brushed, I would still be honored to get married to you." Minhyuk continued to explain and pressed a kiss to Hyungwon's cheek.

"You don't get it you don't-"

"Overthink? I don't. And I'm not planning on doing so anytime soon, marriage just makes it so that you can't legally go off and cheat on me, especially with how easy it would be for you to do so," arms wrapped around the labeled princess and another kiss was planted on his cheek.

Hyungwon moved around in the hold, complaining about the wrinkles being formed on his suit from the hug. "If I'm the princess doesn't that make you the prince I'm getting married to? You should make yourself presentable as well."

"Are you saying I don't look amazing in this suit?" The embrace was broken so Minhyuk could spin around, expecting to be admired by Hyungwon but getting a roll of eyes and a replay of the scene he saw just ten minutes before.

"Are you done?" Minhyuk asked once Hyungwon's hand dropped to his side. There was silence and Minhyuk spoke up again. "Are you thinking of him again?"

"I just... wish he was here... I didn't think he would be gone for this long." A deep breath was taken then let go. "I just wonder if it's better he's not here or if he should have been."

"He liked you before I did, and he loves you, I'm sure he still does, but I think it would have hurt him more to see us get married."

With a nod, the two finally left, with one final check in the mirror, to their wedding.

-

It was time for the vows, and Minhyuk took Hyungwon's hands gently, bringing them up to his lips in a kiss just to get a laugh out of his husband-to-be before starting.

"Chae Hyungwon, you're... Someone I lied to the first time I met them." Minhyuk laughed nervously, "Someone I stalked so I could get my best friend his signature," there was a yell from the back of the church and grins were plastered on everyone's face. "A man that wouldn't recognize me without my glasses. A man so easily persuaded. The person I fell in love with at first sight." 

"Chae Hyungwon is a person I think about a lot, for someone who doesn't think that often, I mean A LOT. I'm always wondering what he's thinking, but most of the time I don't need to wonder, I can see it clear as a summer day. But oh does he make me think. He makes me think about how lucky I am to have him, and he makes me think about why doesn't see it. He makes me think about whether I deserve him while he thinks the same thing. He makes me think about the future a lot, we've thought about this day several times, and the joy I thought I would feel can't even compare to the amount I'm feeling right now."

"He makes me feel like I have direction like I have a place to stay. I love him more than anything else in the world." Hyunwon blushed at the amounts of coos coming from their guests and cleared his throat to start his own vows.

"Lee Minhyuk. A name that falls from my lips perfectly, a person I can claim I love without a second doubt. Someone who can see through all my lies, though I've been told they aren't very good." There was a snicker from someone in the audience and he was pretty sure it was Jackson but he let it slide.

"Lee Minhyuk, this man I thought would be way too perfect for me and I would have never imagined marrying five years ago, this man that makes my mind stop working and encourages me to do whatever I want, because I know he'll continue to love me. Lee Minhyuk, the one who keeps coming back." He squeezed the hand he held in his and blinked away his tears.

"The one I've shed so many tears for because I can't seem to hold them back when it comes to him. The one that knows when I pretend. And the one that won't let me do it every again. I love you, Lee Minhyuk, I love you so much it hurts." Soft laughs filled the air and Minhyuk squeezed Hyungwon's hands back in response.

The two looked to Jisoo at the same time, waiting for the traditional wedding vows.

"Lee Minhyuk, do you take Chae Hyungwon to be your husband, to love and cherish, to protect and correct, to trust and honor, in sickness and in health, rich or poor, best and worse, till death do you part?" Minhyuk stared into Hyungwon's eyes, his own glistening with fresh tears. He nodded and spoke at the same time.

"I do."

"And Chae Hyungwon, do you take Lee Minhyuk to be your husband, to love and cherish, to protect and correct, to trust and honor, in sickness and in health, rich or poor, best and worse, till death do you part?" Hyungwon took a deep breath, looking at Minhyuk, to his best men Kihyun and Hyunwoo, to Minhyuk's best men Jooheon and Changkyun. He looked towards the audience where he saw Chan sitting front row, wiping his tears away when he noticed Hyungwon paying attention to him.

He looked back to his husband, the one that made this possible, the one that has brought him true happiness and there couldn't have been a more perfect set of words to describe how he felt but the two that gave his entire heart to the person he trusted the most.

"I do."