Chapter 8

Nemesis mimesis (I love you when you're not looking)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jinki are you going to stare at this bench or sit your arse down?" Kibum sighed annoyed and opened his Charms textbook.

Jinki pulled out a handkerchief out of his pocket and thoroughly wiped the wooden surface of the bench before sitting next to his friend.

"Honestly mate there was nothing there, what the hell were you wiping? You finally went crazy didn't you? I knew it would happen sooner or later."

"Oh shut up. I'm meeting Joon in a few. Dirt and dust on my clothes are the last things I need." Jinki run his fingers through his dark locks and then turned to his friend. "Does my hair look okay?"

"It looks just as it looked like 2 minutes ago. And 2 minutes before that. What the heck Jinki? This is so not you to get nervous like that."

Jinki scoffed and crossed his legs. "I'm not nervous. Just making sure I don't look like a bloody hobo."

"Yeah sure." Kibum grinned evilly and propped his chin on his hand. "Who would've thought this day would come? Lee Jinki actually having feelings for someone and not only wanting to shag them. I'll enjoy every second of watching you stutter and trip over your own tongue in his presence."

"Like that's going to happen."

"Hi Kibum." Taemin said and then stared at the only available place to sit which was on the other side of his brother. He clenched his fist and having no other choice sat down, his skin crawling merely from being near the boy.

"Hi. Are you guys fighting or what?"

Before anyone could answer another voice sounded from a distance. "Taemin!" Jongin skipped to the trio and pulled out a few bags of sweets. "I brought you those snacks you asked for. I hope I didn't forget anything."

"Thanks, you're the best babe." Taemin sent him a flying kiss and opened a packet of chocolates. "Want some?"

But Jongin wasn't paying attention to his boyfriend anymore. His eyes were fixed on the person sitting next to him. He smiled brightly (Jinki said it was cute so he did it as well as he could) and pulled out a small lunchbox from his bag. "Hi! J-jinki. U-um I, I was in that place and did t-the thing and I thought of you a-and-..."

Jinki smiled kindly and pointed at the lunchbox. "Is this for me?"

Jongin nodded hurriedly, relieved that Jinki understood even with his gibberish talking. "Y-yeah. I t-thought of you and-..."

Jinki reached out and accepted the gift, admiring the packaging before placing it on his lap. "Thank you. It's very sweet of you."

"H-haha, I just, um, I thought of you and-..." Jongin tucked his hair behind his ear and then clapped his hands. "W-well, I guess I'll get going. S-see you around Jinki."

"See you Jonginnie. Cute hairpin!" Jinki called and Jongin tripped over his own foot before laughing shyly and picking up his pace.

"And I'm what? ing invisible?" Kibum grumbled.

"He never put a hairpin in his hair for me." Taemin said devastated, staring blankly into the distance.

Jinki looked down at the lunchbox and began unwrapping it, singing cheerfully under his nose. "Oooh look at this guys! He cut the carrots into heart shaped coins!" he laughed to himself and pulled one out. "The shape is a little wonky but it makes it even cuter." he threw it into his mouth and chewed, making loud crunching noises. Then he looked at his brother and smiled. "Did you want a bite? You keep staring at it."

"ing shove it up your you ing rotter!" Taemin snapped and turned away, crossing his arms over his chest.

Kibum looked back and forth between the two brothers. "So are you guys going to tell me what happened or...?"

"He ing stole my boyfriend, that's what ing happened!"

Jinki shrugged and ate some more food from the lunchbox. "Make up your mind Taemin. You're the one that wanted us to become friends so what are you getting all pissy about?"

"Don't ing play dumb with me or I swear to god I'll scratch your eyes out." 

"I don't think he's joking Jinki."

"I didn't do anything though? I'm trying to be a good, supporting brother and this is the treatment I get. I'm the real victim here."

Kibum rolled his eyes. "So, Taemin? Care to tell me what's going on?"

"My boyfriend is a ing idiot and he believed the act Jinki put on for him yesterday. And now he won't ing shut up about him, he made Jinki his idol or some . But none of that would've happened if this er right here didn't try to ing hit on him. Right in front of my ing eyes!"

Jinki scoffed and then smirked. "Oh please. You call that hitting on someone? Are you in 2nd grade or what? I guess in your dictionary shagging means holding hands."

"You hit on his boyfriend? Jinki that's an move."

"You too Brutus, my friend?" Jinki placed his palm over his chest and gasped in faked hurt. 

"Kibum hold me or I'll ing punch him in the face."

"Jinki stop with the mocking and tell me exactly what you did."

"Nothing! I just gave the kid a normal hairstyle, told him he had a tolerable smile and patted his head. Taemin is overreacting."

"You called his smile cute you bellend!" 

Kibum shook his head sighing deeply. "Children, what do I do with you..."

"Um, hi.. guys." The trio looked up to see Joon standing awkwardly in front of them, shifting nervously from foot to foot. He moved his gaze to Jinki. "I'm not interrupting am I? We were supposed to meet at eleven and it's already time so... B-but I can wait! If you guys have.. something."

"No no, we're finished." Jinki smiled and hurriedly began gathering his things. "Just give me a second."

"Yeah, sure, no problem." Jonghyun said and looked down at his feet not sure where to place his gaze. He could feel at least two pairs of eyes boring holes in his head and it was making him a bit uncomfortable.

Taemin looked at his brother and then at the other boy, his eyes narrowed in thought. There was definitely something going on there. He smirked and run his hand through his hair coolly, coming up with an idea. "Hey, you." he called and Jonghyun looked at him startled. "That's a cute smile you got there."

Jonghyun's eyes widened in confusion, he looked at Jinki questioningly and then back at Taemin again. "Um, what?"

"Er, s-smile-" Taemin started, clearly expecting a different reaction.

"Merlin Taemin, you're honestly hopeless." Jinki smirked pleased and stood up, throwing his bag over his shoulder. "He wasn't even smiling you donkey."

 

 

 

 

"So what was that all about?" Jonghyun asked, picking at the blades of grass under his hands.

Jinki shook his head in amusement. "Just Taemin trying to be smarter than he is. He tried to flirt with you using the same line I used on his boyfriend to get back at me."

Jonghyun felt his heart sink slightly. He swallowed and took a few slow breaths before looking up at Jinki again. "You- um. You flirted with his boyfriend?" his voice sounded really small and only then did Jinki realize what he had said.

"No! No way, it was just a joke, really."

"Oh.." Jonghyun smiled shakily and looked away.

"Hey." Jinki grabbed the other boy's hand in panic, he really didn't want Joon to misunderstand. "I really didn't flirt with him." He looked Jonghyun straight in the eyes and then slowly laced their fingers together.

"O-okay." Jonghyun stuttered and looked away one more time, this time in embarrassment. Jinki was holding his hand. Lee Jinki was holding his hand. He was holding hands with Lee bloody Jinki. He swallowed nervously and prayed his palm wouldn't get sweaty and gross Jinki out. "A-anyway, I brought some food. Do you want anything?" he asked but then remembered what he had come to earlier on. "Um, y-you don't have to eat if you don't want to, I saw you eating from that lunchbox so you're probably not hungr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter