Chapter 11

Nemesis mimesis (I love you when you're not looking)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

There were days when Jinki got up on the wrong side of the bed and the rest of the day would . There were days when Jinki got up on the right side of the bed and he would be in good mood until he went to sleep again. But there were also days when he got up on the right side of the bed, feeling completely fine and content with his life but then something would happen and completely ruin the rest of his day. And today was one of those days.

He was eating breakfast, orange juice in his left hand and an egg toast in his right and everything would be just fine if it wasn't for Jonghyun. Jonghyun, who for some unknown reason wouldn't look in his direction. It's not like Jinki was waiting for that to happen, except he kind of was because it always happened. No matter what for those past 6 years his and Jonghyun's eyes would meet at least once every meal. Coincidentally of course.

But now Jonghyun just wouldn't look at him. He seemed a bit off, back hunched and complexion somewhat dull and tired-looking. He was taking small, slow bites as if eating cost him a whole lot of effort and was the last thing he wanted to be doing right now. Jinki was intrigued so he just kept staring, feeling more and more annoyed with every passing second. Not only because of Jonghyun forgetting to look at him but also because of the person sitting next to him. Jinki couldn't remember Minho ever being this touchy and attentive, putting food on Jonghyun's plate, pouring him orange juice, rubbing his back and brushing hair away from his face.

Jinki hated it all. He stared at them with burning gaze, his body completely stiff and a twisting feeling in his stomach. Minho smiled warmly and Jonghyun's cheek earning a tiny smile in return and Jinki held his breath. He couldn't bear to look at them but somehow he still wasn't able to look away. And then he remembered Minho's Don't mind if I do and his stomach lurched. 

"What the heck is he doing? Is he even gay?"

Taemin looked up from his plate, utterly confused because he was just peacefully eating his breakfast and he wasn't talking to Jinki so why was Jinki talking to him? "Who?" he asked, although he wasn't curious at all. He wished Jinki would just let him finish his food in silence.

Jinki's gaze flicked to his brother, eyes a bit widened in alarm. He forgot not everyone was staring at what he was currently staring at. "Minho." he replied casually.

Taemin blinked, then looked at Minho, who was now wiping Jonghyun's mouth with a napkin, and then back at Jinki again. Taemin barely held back a smirk. From what he knew Minho was as straight as a pole but of course his brother didn't need to know that. He shrugged and went back to eating. "I don't know... He might be." He felt Jinki tense next to him. "Why are you asking?"

"No reason." Jinki answered and tapped his fingers nervously on the table before turning to Taemin again. "But do you know something? About his past? Any boyfriends? Or girlfriends?"

"Don't know anything about that." Taemin shoved some food into his mouth. "But I do recall hearing him say some bloke named Sam had beautiful hair. Or was it legs?" It also might have been a Samantha and not a guy Sam but Jinki didn't need to know that either.

"I see." Jinki said, trying to keep his voice stable. 

"Why are you asking again?" Taemin just couldn't help himself, this situation was just too hilarious. "Curious if they're dating?"

"Not at all. I don't care about either of them I was just asking, is all."

"Okay." Taemin glanced at Jonghyun and Minho and smiled. "They look nice together."

"Whatever." Jinki said annoyed and his gaze involuntarily traveled to the Gryffindor couple again. "They don't look nice at all, they look like a dad with a kid."

"The height difference? It's cute."

"No, it's not. The top of Jonghyun's head barely reaches Minho's nose. It's hilarious and not cute. He should date a guy who's taller than him only by a few centimeters."

"Someone like you for example?" Taemin asked, and even though he tried to keep his tone neutral it came out totally teasing.

Jinki glared at his brother. "You think you're funny? Jongin looks like your ing long lost twin and you're dating him. Gross much?"

"So?" Taemin smiled smugly. "Personally I think it's hot."

"Ugh, go away. I'm trying to eat here."

"You sure? Because to me it looked like you were too busy ogling Jonghyun and his boyfriend to take even one bite of your food. But what do I know right?"

Jinki picked up his egg toast and practically shoved it at Taemin's face. "Are you blind or what? Can't you see that there are two bites missing?"

"And you're totally missing the point."

"Whatever." Jinki said and his gaze fell on the Gryffindor table once again. Minho and Jonghyun were already leaving. The taller boy put his arm around Jonghyun's waist before leading him to the exit. Jinki stood up as well, his eyes not leaving the couple even for a second. "I'm gonna be late for Potions, see ya Squirt."

Taemin rolled his eyes at the nickname but didn't even bother responding, happy that he could finally finish his breakfast in peace.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Professor Slughorn clapped his hands with a wide smile on his lips. "Take your scales out everyone. I'm sure a lot of you will be thrilled to hear that the potion we're making today is the Polyjuice potion. Page 215 of Advanced Potion-Making, hurry. "

Students began whispering to each other excitedly and Jinki turned around to bother Jonghyun as usual. When his eyes fell on the boy he froze for a split-second because he hadn't been this close to him since that day and the proximity caught him slightly off-guard but he promptly regained his cool and put on his trademark smirk. "I'm sure you're especially happy about that. Probably need to replenish your supplies, huh?"

Jonghyun didn't even flinch, like he didn't hear Jinki say anything at all. He just kept reading the recipe, totally unfazed.

Jinki frowned. How dare Jonghyun ignore him? "What are you reading that textbook for? You probably know all the steps by heart already."

Still nothing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter