Chapter 3

Nemesis mimesis (I love you when you're not looking)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Jonghyun! Where the hell have you been?" Minho jumped off his bed as soon as his friend showed up in their room. "You didn't even finish your breakfast you just ate that jelly and then run off after Jinki. What happened?"

Jonghyun sighed and threw himself on his bed. "I've been shot."

"Jinki shot you?? That bloody- With what?" Minho fumbled with his friend's clothes frantically trying to find the wound. "Where?"

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, swatting the other boy's hands away. "Why are you so literal? I've been shot by a cupid's arrow Minho. And yes, Jinki is the one at fault." he rolled onto his side and placed a hand on his chest. "He stole my heart and then stomped all over it." he looked at his friend with narrowed eyes. "He told me to sleep this off. How dare he tell me to sleep my love off? That git." he to his back again and swung an arm over his eyes dramatically. "And do you know what's the worst about all this? I'm still in love with him. Love is blind."

"Uh." Minho choked out, totally flabbergasted. Jonghyun was fed a love potion, that was for sure. What he didn't know was how to deal with something like that. 

"You know what?" Jonghyun stood up from the bed and put his hands on his hips. "I'm going to go to him. Why do I have to listen to his orders? He can't treat me like that, I'm not some bug he can get rid of."

Minho exhaled and then put on the most genuine smile he could muster before throwing an arm around Jonghyun's shoulders and sitting him back down. "Maybe you should stay here? I don't think it's the best idea to go to him."

"But I love him." Jonghyun sobbed out and rested his forehead against his friend's shoulder. "It's already been like 10 minutes since I last saw him. I miss him terribly, I need to see him."

"Uh-huh." Love potion or not it felt completely bizarre to hear such words coming from Jonghyun's mouth. "That's, um. Good?" Minho smiled awkwardly. "But maybe you should wait a bit? Let him miss you too, then he'll come running back to you in no time. What do you think?"

"You're such a good friend." Jonghyun said and hugged Minho tightly. "You always know what's best for me. You're right, I can't be so easy." he leaned against the backrest with a confident smirk. He could totally do this. Soon Jinki won't be able to stand not being around him anymore and he'll show up at Jonghyun's feet with a tail between his legs.

At least, that was the plan. In a few minutes Jonghyun started tapping his fingers nervously on his knee, then he began shaking his leg frantically and soon enough he sprang up from the bed. "I can't do this! I need to go see him right now."

"Wait!" Minho grabbed his wrist to stop him. "How about you go to sleep? Waiting will be easier then. I promise I'll wake you up as soon as he shows up."

"You're brilliant!" Jonghyun jumped under the covers and made himself comfortable. "Make sure to be quiet, the sooner I fall asleep the better."

Minho couldn't agree more with that. He sat on his own bed leaning against the pillow and pulled out his Transfiguration textbook. He still couldn't get the hair changing thingy quite right.

"You know what, Jinki kind of has that baby face when he's not sneering. I can't believe I never noticed." Jonghyun started suddenly.

Minho looked up at the ceiling asking himself what sins he had committed in his previous life to be punished like this. "Talking won't help you fall asleep you know." he sing-songed, his gaze travelling once again to his textbook.

Jonghyun ignored him and to his other side instead to face his friend. "He's kinda hot when he's angry. But he's also cute, I think he has a weak spot for me."

"Yeah?" Minho asked disinterested.

"Yeah. I mean, he didn't hex me the second time I kissed him so I think he likes me too much to hurt me."

"Wait, what?! You kissed him?" Minho threw his textbook away and stared at the other boy. "And he let you do it twice?!"

"Well, I mean, he did use Petrificus Totalus on me the first time, but I think it was just because I caught him off guard. And the second time he let me kiss him on the cheek but I wanted to do it on the lips so I did and he didn't do anything about it. He was all 'no~ you were supposed to do it on the cheek~' like he didn't like it but I know he did! He's just playing hard to get you know?" Jonghyun smiled dreamily. "Do you think he loves me?"

"Is that a tricky question?"

Jonghyun rolled onto his back, feeling completely miserable. He really wanted to see Jinki. "I miss him." he sighed and then looked at his friend again. "Do you know that his hair is really shiny? I think it would be very soft if I touch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter