Chapter 2

Nemesis mimesis (I love you when you're not looking)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"Quiet please." Professor McGonagall said and the class immediately fell silent. "Today we'll be practicing human transfiguration. As you all know it is a very advanced form of transfiguration so make sure you listen to me properly to avoid any unnecessary accidents. As you can see each and every one of you has a mirror in front of them. What you're going to do first is try to change the color of your hair. Then you'll learn how to change its length and shape." she pulled out her wand and pointed at her own hair. "I'll demonstrate how it's done, watch carefully." She waved her wand and a second later her hair changed from black to hot pink.

"Wicked." Jonghyun said under his nose in awe.

McGonagall smiled and waved her wand once again, her hair going back to normal. "Now. Go ahead and practice. No fooling around please."

As it turned out, changing hair color wasn't as easy as Professor McGonagall had made it look. After 15 minutes Jonghyun was still looking at the very same locks that were usually covering his scalp. He sighed dejected and looked to his right at Minho who at least managed to change the color of his fringe. 

"No luck today, huh?"

Jonghyun's grip tightened on his wand as he looked up to see Jinki smirking at him haughtily, his hair turned perfectly blonde.

"Can you please turn around and leave me the alone? I'm trying to concentrate."

"I don't think it's going to help. You should just accept that some wizards are better than others." the Slytherin sneered and raised his eyebrows. "No offense of course."

Jonghyun grit his teeth but stayed quiet hoping Jinki would get bored with the lack of response and leave him alone. It didn't happen though. Jinki kept teasing him, telling him how he was doing everything wrong and after half an hour Jonghyun couldn't take it anymore. He smiled and pointed his wand at the Slytherin, pronouncing the spell very clearly. 

A shriek was heard and Jinki jumped from his seat, staring horrified at tentacles where should be his arms. Jonghyun shrugged. He wanted to transfigure Jinki into a proper octopus but he could deal with this too.

Jinki was flailing around, disgust written all over his face as he let out the most inhumane noises. "You bloody wanker change me back!" he shrieked.

Jonghyun's smile grew even bigger. "I'm sorry but apparently I at transfiguration. As a better wizard maybe you could do it yourself?"

"What is this commotion?" McGonagall took a few fast steps in their direction and her eyes widened at the sight. "Mr. Lee!" she untransfigured Jinki at once and the boy wrapped his arms around himself in horror.

He glared at Jonghyun fiercely, his eyes burning with rage. "How dare you, you ing -"

"Mr. Lee!" McGonagall scolded. "Mind your language, we don't use such words in my class!" she then turned to look at Jonghyun. "Were you the one to transfigure Mr. Lee's arms?

"It was an accident, I missed." Jonghyun replied calmly.

"Missed what, you dickhead!" Jinki seethed. "You did this on purpose!" 

"Mr. Lee, I won't repeat myself." McGonagall sent him a menacing look. Then she sighed exasperatedly. "The two of you will stay after class, for now go back to work."

 

 

 

 

When Jinki woke up the next day he could still feel the anger Jonghyun had served him on the Transfiguration lesson the day before. He needed to get back at him somehow but nothing he could think of was enough of a payback the Gryffindor deserved.

It was way too early in the morning but he just couldn't stay in bed anymore. He dressed up and walked down the stairs to the common room, noticing a head of black hair sticking out from behind the couch.

"Taemin? What are you doing up at this hour?"

The boy jerked and sat up immediately. "I'm awake!" he shouted into the air. Then he looked around confused before his gaze fell on his brother. "Oh. Hi."

"What are you doing here sleeping? Do you want to catch a cold?"

"I stayed up doing my Potions homework. I mean, I tried." he looked at the piece of parchment lying on the table, filled with words only in half. He sighed. "Anyway, how are you? Over yesterday's mishap yet?"

"Not quite. I feel like I'll only feel at peace once I get back at him. But I still haven't figured out what would be equivalent to what he did to me."

Taemin grabbed his wand. "You could give him this. Accio bowl!" he said and a bowl full of red wobbly stuff landed in his hands.

"Jelly?" he looked at his brother, confusion written all over his face.

Taemin puffed out his chest with a proud smirk and handed the bowl to the other boy. "It's not a regular jelly. I let myself add something extra inside."

Jinki's eyes narrowed in suspicion. "And if I may know, what is it exactly?"

"It's a secret. But let me assure you that we're all going to have a good laugh thanks to this. It's going to be more funny if there's that element of surprise, right?"

The other boy sighed. "I don't know Taem... Can I trust you with this?"

"Of course! And making him eat this will be extremely easy too. All you need to do is go to the Gryffindor table and replace the normal jelly with this one before breakfast. He's like the only person who eats this so you don't even have to worry about someone random getting involved." Taemin grinned, totally proud of his plan. "Oh, and you better hurry up, the less people see you the better, right?"

Jinki thought for a second and then exhaled. "This better be good." he gave his brother one last look before he hurried to the Great Hall. A few early birds were already there but Jinki figured they were too busy eating to notice him so he vanished the jelly near Jonghyun's seat and replaced it with Taemin's before scooting away. He then went to his own seat and waited.

Jonghyun arrived with Minho fifteen minutes later and Jinki watched with a furiously beating heart as Jonghyun dug his spoon into the jelly and then shoved it into his mouth. Since Taemin didn't tell him what he put inside he had no idea what to expect. A swelling tongue?  Sulfur breath? Insect hiccup?
What he definitely didn't expect was Jonghyun looking around the Great Hall as if frantically searching for something.

"Minho." he shook his friend's shoulder urgently. "Minho have you seen Jinki?"

Jinki's face paled. How the heck did he know it was him? Had he seen him place the jelly on the table? No, he couldn't have, he wouldn't have eaten it if he had. Deciding it was probably a good time to retreat he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter