Chapter 6

Nemesis mimesis (I love you when you're not looking)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"So you never told me your name yesterday."

Jinki placed his broom on the grass and then sat down, propping his body with his hands. "Now that I think about it... I really don't think I did." he looked up at the other boy and squinted slightly because of the sun shining brightly behind him. "It's Lee Jinki."

Jonghyun dropped his broom to the ground as well and smiled. "Well then. Pleasure to meet you Lee Jinki, I'm K-" he choked and then swallowed hard, biting his tongue just in time. He had almost said his real name out of reflex. "-L-Lee Joon."

"Did you just choke on your own spit? Honestly, it's a wonder how your still alive with how clumsy you are." Jinki said with a frown and then gave Jonghyun a quizzical look. "Why aren't you sitting down? How long are you going to be standing like that?"

"I just need to stretch my legs a bit, flying on a broom for so long is quite..." Jonghyun cleared his throat. "...painful, if you know what I mean."

"Your junk got crushed?" Jinki's lips curved upwards in mirth. "Better be careful, it could be of use one day. I'd say... in a hundred years maybe, for a like you."

"W-what?" Jonghyun sputtered and his ears reddened. "B-besides h-how can you know if I'm a ? I m-might have done it a lot! With a lot of people! Y-you don't know me, we just met yesterday, I might be very experienced and s-stuff."

"And s-stuff." Jinki repeated mockingly. "Come on mate, there's no need to lie, you have '' written all over you." he sniffed around and then nodded his head. "And that smell, there's just no doubt about you."

Jonghyun frowned in confusion. Smell? He grabbed the fabric covering his chest and brought it to his nose. He didn't recognize any weird, unusual scents. He looked back at Jinki and the boy's face was graced with a smug smirk.

"I can't believe you actually fell for that. You're going to be fun to hang out with." he said pleased and then lay down on the grass, lacing his hands behind his head, his eyes fluttering closed.

"You're already so much fun." the other boy grumbled out and then lay down next to the Slytherin, leaving safe 2 meters of space between them. His head lolled to the right and he noticed Hogwarts in the distance. It was as small as his fingernail, they really did fly a long way. "Do you come here often?" he asked and then turned to the left to look at the other boy.

Jinki hummed in thought. "Not really, about twice a month? It's a pain in the to fly all the way here." he smirked at Jonghyun "Literally."

Jonghyun rolled onto his stomach and placed his chin on the back of his hand. "So, what are we gonna do here?"

"I don't know about you but I'm gonna lie here unmoving, maybe take a nap."

"Your plans are as dull as dishwater."

"Listen, if you're bored you can fan me with something, it's getting quite warm these days."

"Bugger off, I'm not your slave."

Jinki shrugged and then yawned before smacking his lips a few times. Suddenly his eyes flew open and landed on the other boy. "You said people."

"What?" Jonghyun frowned in confusion and lazily scratched his cheek feeling drowsiness embracing him. Maybe a small nap wouldn't be such a bad idea after all.

"You said 'I might have done it with a lot of people'. You're gay aren't you? Bi at best. There's no way a straight guy would say 'people' and not 'girls'."

Jonghyun swallowed, his whole body tensing. Of course he had make a slip of a tongue and of course it had to be in front of Jinki. The Slytherin was right about what he had said of course, but Jonghyun could still deny it if he wanted to. Was there really a need to do that though? He was in Joon's body right now and Jinki obviously wasn't homophobic so maybe telling the truth wouldn't be so bad? 

He exhaled through his nose and his lips nervously. Minho was the only one who knew, not to mention it was a bit weird to confess such a private thing to someone who was technically still his enemy. "Would that change anything if I was gay?" he mumbled out and pressed his cheek against his arm.

Jinki looked up at the sky in thought and then shrugged with a small nod. "Probably." 

Jonghyun's face fell, he didn't expect that answer at all. He sat up and looked at the other boy. "What do you mean by that?"

"Don't worry, I'm not going to unfriend you or anything like that. I don't discriminate, it wouldn't be right for me to do so."

That was more like it. Taemin was dating a guy after all and Jinki had protected him from the homophobic bullies. So what did that 'probably' mean? "Because of your brother right? I um. heard... about your brother Taemin."

Jinki's face hardened for a few seconds. Then he sighed and run his hand through his hair, his eyes opening and then staring at the sky. "I wish people would find something better to do than talking about him. You've been here for what? Two days? And you already know. I just-." he pressed his lips together and scrunched up his nose in frustration. "I wish they left my brother alone."

Jonghyun lowered his head in guilt. "I'm sorry for mentioning him I-." he rubbed the back of his neck anxiously. "It's none of my business, I shouldn't blabber like that about things that don't concern me, especially when it's about your brother. I'm sorry."

Jinki shook his head. "It's fine. It's not like all the rumors are not true too." he bit the inside of his cheek and then looked at the other boy. "It's just that he's my little brother, I-"

"I get it." Jonghyun smiled warmly and pulled up his knees to his chest, wrapping his arms around them. "He's your little brother. You want the best for him and you want to protect him from any harm. And you're doing great, he's really lucky to have you." Jonghyun didn't know what pushed him to utter those words but when he did he felt a bit embarrassed. It was Jinki he was talking to after all, this whole conversation was way too personal to have with someone you considered a lifelong nemesis. But.. somehow Jonghyun couldn't bring himself to stop. The lone fact that Jinki even wanted to share his feelings with him made him feel special. He wondered if Jinki was always like that with his friends.

"No, I'm the one who's lucky to have him, not the other way around." Jinki smiled fondly at the thought of his brother and then his eyes widened slightly in realization. He cleared his throat and rolled onto his side, away from the other boy, the tips of his ears red. "in' hate chick flick moments." he mumbled out, clearly embarrassed with the whole heart-to-heart session.

Jonghyun chuckled under his nose and lay back down on the grass. Suddenly he heard a low growl coming from the left and he turned to see Jinki placing a hand on his abdomen. "Hungry?"

Jinki considered claiming that those disgraceful sounds hadn't been produced by his stomach but then he decided he didn't really care and just sighed. "I overslept and missed breakfast. I'm bloody starving."

Jonghyun smiled excited and rummaged in his pocket. "It's good that I brought food then."

Jinki gave him a curious look and fixed his gaze on the other boy's hand, trying to see what he was going to pull out of his robes. His eyes widened in shock when Jonghyun winkled out a big picnic basket.

"I used the Undetectable Extension charm to make it fit inside my pocket. What do you want? I brought bacon, cheese and ham and turkey sandwiches, baked potatoes, macaroni cheese, oh, and pumpkin pasties! There's also a thermos with tea, really, such an amazing muggle i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter