Chapter 5

Nemesis mimesis (I love you when you're not looking)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"So, as we tested our polyjuice potion didn't go bad and the effect still lasts one hour. You need to remember to always keep your eye on the time." Minho turned away from his friend and grabbed a small bottle from the bedside table. "I poured some of the potion here in case of emergency. It would be wise to always carry some with you, you never know what can happen, right?"

Jonghyun nodded and once again looked at himself in the mirror.  "Damn, your cousin is so bloody handsome. I honestly hate you and your family genes." he lifted his shirt to look at his abdomen and his jaw dropped at the sight. "Merlin, do you see this?! Abs!" he looked up at his friend in astonishment and suddenly froze, noticing something was very different about Minho's proportions. "Wait." he took a step closer and his eyes widened. "Bloody hell."

"What? What's wrong?"

"I'm tall!" Jonghyun's smile was pretty much splitting his face in half at this point, his whole body vibrating in elation. "I'm almost as tall as you! Oh boy, this is exciting!"

Minho snorted with laughter. "I'm glad you're having so much fun with this. I think you should go already though, time is running you know."

"Right." Jonghyun grabbed the small bottle with the potion and hid it in his pocket. "I'll get going then."

"Oi, wait a second!" Minho rummaged in his trunk and pulled out a few massive books with small difficulty. "Since you'll be going around the whole school searching for Jinki anyway then maybe you could go to the library and return those for me?"

"I guess I could." he took the books from Minho and huffed, feeling a strain in his shoulders from the added weight. "Bloody hell, they weight like a tone."

Minho shrugged. "More or less."

Jonghyun laughed and then turned away to leave after saying bye to his friend. On his way to the library he kept wondering how he should start a conversation with Jinki when they meet. It wasn't that Jonghyun was bad at making friends, it's just that Jinki was a tough case and regular methods might simply not work. He sighed and ever so slightly tossed the books up to get a better grip on them as they started to slip out of his hands. Damn, they really were heavy. Jonghyun promised himself to never let Minho talk him into something like this again.

He was about to turn a corner in the hall when he bumped into someone with great force. He staggered backwards before losing his footing and landing on his , the books falling to the floor with a loud thud.

"ing hell. Watch where you're going."

Jonghyun stilled, he'd recognize that voice anywhere. He looked up to see none other than the devil himself - Jinki, rubbing his forehead with a sour frown on his face. Jonghyun was ready to curse back and give the other a piece of his mind but he reminded himself just in time that he was in Minho's cousin's body and not his own and his mission was to befriend Jinki and not to anger him even more. So he swallowed his pride and smiled apologetically. 

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there." he lifted himself from the floor and began picking up the scattered books. Jinki didn't offer his help. Obviously.

"Sorry isn't going to fix the bump that's going to grow on my forehead you berk." Jinki eyed him carefully for a few seconds before slightly squinting. "Who are you again? I don't think I've ever seen you around."

Jonghyun cleared his throat and offered his hand to the other boy with a friendly smile. "I'm Lee Joon. And you're right, I'm not from here, I'm a transfer student."

Jinki didn't take his hand and his expression grew even more suspicious. "It's my first time hearing about something like this. Are there more of you?"

"Um." Jonghyun was sure he had prepared answers for all the possible questions but somehow he hadn't prepared an answer for that one. He could feel cold sweat forming on the back of his neck in panic. "Uh, I-I guess not? I'm not really sure, I arrived here myself."

"How can you not be sure, where are you staying?"

"Um, I-I was assigned a bed in the Gryffindor Tower."

"And what are you here for? Studying? Quidditch? Are you going to attend classes with us? What year are you in?"

Jonghyun was starting to get dizzy from all the questions. A few more and his cover was going to be blown off. "L-Listen, I'd love to chit chat a bit more but I'm kind of busy, I need to take those to the library." he turned away and was about to walk away to safety when he remembered about his mission. He sighed audibly and tried to look as pitiful as possible. "Um, I'm new here and I honestly don't know know where I'm supposed to go. Can you show me the way?"

Jinki glanced at the books the other boy was holding and then gave him a scrutinizing look before shrugging, having decided the boy didn't seem like a threat. "Follow me." he started walking and then looked at Jonghyun again. "But don't get any ideas. Just so you know I don't usually help people out but since you're a transfer student I'll make an exception. It's not like you're going to go and tell others I helped you, is it?"

Jonghyun's brows furrowed in confusion. "And that would be bad because-...?"

"I've got an image to uphold." Jinki said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "So keep your mouth shut, yeah?"

Jonghyun had to purse his lips together to hold back the smile that wanted to form on his face. Jinki was absolutely ridiculous and the serious expression on his face made everything even more funny. He shook his head in disbelief and attempted small talk to break the ice. "You know, when I came here I couldn't help but notice how beautiful Hogwarts was. It's an extremely charming castle and the interior - especially the Great Hall - looks very... hmmm." he paused, searching for the right word. "Magical."

"A school of magic looking magical. Unbelievable." Jinki said flatly, rolling his eyes.

Jonghyun's cheek twitched in irritation but he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter