Chapter 9: Reveal

Erase

The truth shook him harder than he expected. He had a very hard time sinking the situation in. All this time, he had amnesia. He didn’t remember who he was or what he was aiming before. Now, it was clear that this was not it and he wanted to know whether he used to love Hyuna sincerely or was he just playing around. Things were getting more weirder and confusing when he knew the cause of all the incidents was none other than the girl who ‘loves’ him, Kim Hyuna.

 

On the other hand, Baekhyun did keep few details from him. At least for now, he wouldn’t hate her that much. He walked out from the cafe feeling guilty, mad and disappointed all at once. He fished out his phone from his pocket and dialed Jongin’s number. “Oh, it’s me. Baekhyun,”

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Yixing knew about it already. I already told him everything. I know you’re going to scold me or whatever, but first, do me a favor. Let’s not make Hyuna become crazy again. I think she’s losing her right now.”

 

“Nah, it’s time anyways Baekhyun ah. It’s okay,”

 

And by that, Baekhyun hang up. He stared into the blue sky. Are their friendship going to end just like that?

 

 

--

 

 

Hyuna parked her car by the roadside and hit her forehead hard against the steering wheel. She knew and she predicted that the day would come but never had she thought it would be this early. She needed more time with Yixing before he leave her completely. Deep inside, she knew she had to tell him more because she knew Baekhyun very well. That kid will never spill everything.

 

Out of the blue, the door for the passenger seat swung opened and a guy came in without any warning. Her breathe hitched and stopped for a moment there. She wouldn’t mind if it was Jiwon but hell no, it was Yixing and what worst, he looked furious.

 

“Drive,” he demanded. She looked at him in confusion. “Wha-” “I said drive, Hyuna. Just drive.” he sank deeper into his seat and massaged his forehead. Hyuna began to drive aimlessly in a quite low speed. “Drive faster,” he ordered. For some reasons, she could feel the sudden lump growing in . She pressed the pedal harder but that only made Yixing winced and hissed. “Drive as fast as you wanted to hit my car. Just like that ing day,”

 

That very statement made her pressed on the break so sudden, she almost brought themselves to death. Her car jolted into a stop and the cars behind started honking at them. Hyuna looked at Yixing in disbelief and he stared back at her. “I’ll..” she swallowed whatever she wanted to say and began driving to her apartment in silence.

 

Throughout the whole driving session, the atmosphere were really heavy and uncomfortable but she tried her best to just let it be. Once they had arrived in front of her apartment, they both sat there in silence. “How long?” he suddenly asked. She stared at the steering and mumbled, “I am not sure. Almost a year,”

 

“Everyone knows?” he asked again. This time he sounded hurt.

 

“Yes. Everyone except for you,”

 

“Who is Jiwon to you? Did I know him before the accident?”

 

With a deep sighed, she told him. “Nobody knows about Jiwon. He was my dirty little secret and I was his dirty little secret. Nobody knows about us except for his friends which most probably have the least probabilities to encounter with any of you guys. He was my stress reliever. He was always there for me, Yixing. He never scold me. He never gets mad. He’s just Kim Jiwon. The boy who people often misunderstood.”

 

“You’re dating him? Were we in love back then?”

 

“I was. I don’t know about you but you only care about your career and no other,”

 

For some reasons, that statement made his heart throbbed and his head ached in the most painful way ever existed. However, he swallowed the pain harshly. He was determined to know the truth. “Were I like this.. before all of these happened?”

 

“Honestly, no. You were the sweetest most caring person on Earth. You were subtle sometimes and if you’re angry, people will know but most of the times you just let them win. But that day, you just let it all out on me. You wanted to go. I,” Hyuna bit her lips, holding back her tears. Without himself knowing, he pulled Hyuna into his warm embrace. No wonder all this time it felt so wrong whenever he hit or scold her. It was because, the anger that he had on someone else, he let it all out on her.

 

“I.. I didn’t know,” he stuttered, trying to persuade her. Hyuna was shocked but she still hugged him tight. “I knew this day will come. I’m sorry for keeping it away from you but I guess it is time for you to find out the truth. “ she pushed him away slowly and wiped her tears. “I.. guess, I have no rights on you anymore,” by that, she got off from the car and ran to her apartment, leaving the dumbfounded Yixing behind.

 

When he wanted to chase her, his chest throbbed and he felt nausea. Stumbling, he took out his phone and called Luhan to pick him up. I guess this guy must also have things to explain to me as well. He thought to himself.

 

 

--

 

 

“Was I that sick, Luhan?” he asked once they arrived at Luhan’s crib. The older boy poured them some lemonade before settling down on the chair beside him. The small bar in his house was everything honestly. “You were at the verge of dying and I, the best Ludear, had save your from meeting the keeper of hell,” he raised his glass, praising himself. Yixing chuckled a little at his over self-praising.

 

“But really though, everyone thought you were dead because, let’s be honest, your brain was dead for a couple of hours and even if you survive, the chance for you to remember everything would literally be 0.001%,” he made a gesture to show how small the percentage was to Yixing. “I saw your heart Yixing. And the world need your kind of species to be alive in this full of hatred world. However, there is a but,” Luhan took a sip on his lemonade as if he was drinking some kind of expensive wine in history before continuing, “You were having a fight and I want you to fix that on your own. There must be a way Yixing. Don’t let that anger of yours to overpower you. I want you to see,”

 

“How can I be such guy when I am like this?” he asked in frustration. “How…”

 

“It’s because it happened when you were at the peak of your anger,” Luhan sighed. “You hold back too many things to yourself and, unfortunately, you let out your anger to someone who was willing to give her own life for you,”

 

“BUT SHE’S THE CAUSE OF MY AMNESIA!”

 

“See, you’re angry without even hearing the full story,” Luhan filled his glass with more lemonade and ate a cream puff. “Take your time Yixing. You have seen your opportunities now. All you have to do is grab it and own it. Like what Hyuna said, it’s your right now because you had begin the first step. You’re not gonna back away now, right?” he said and pat him on the shoulder. Yixing sighed deeply and gave himself some space to think rationally.

 

 

--

 

 

“Ah, Jongin gege?” the girl on the line greeted chirpily.

 

“Wanna meet up for a while?” i have a very bittersweet news to tell you.. he thought to himself.

 

“Oh, yeah sure. I’ll wait for you at the Dog Cafe, okay?”

 

Jongin put his phone in his pocket and grabbed his sweater. Since he was Eco-friendly, he preferred walking to the cafe. It was only 15 minutes away from his house. It wasn’t really a big of a deal. His heart suddenly felt heavy when he began to walk down the road. The morning breeze wasn’t really the reason why he felt so blue. He was sure of it.

 

This is talking about their friendships. He knew, if he do this, he’s betraying his own best friends. Not just one, but the three of them all at once. Quietly, he prayed to God that everything will goes just as he planned.

 

The boy pushed the door inward and entered the cafe. From a far, he could see the petite girl playing with the puppies there. Just seeing her sight made him smiled from ear to ear. “Luyi,” he cooed. The girl turned around and brightly smiled when she saw him. “Gege!” she stood up and ran towards him, giving him a bear hug. Jongin hugged her back.

 

The two of them took a seat after ordering some light snacks to eat. Luyi looked at Jongin in anticipation. “Is this news have anything to do with Yixing gege?” she asked excitedly. Jongin calmly smiled and nodded. The girl cheered without even knowing the exact news yet. “Is he coming with me?”

 

“No. Not yet. He just got the hint that he lost his memory and he’s currently trying to recall back all of his memories.” he said softly. “I have no heart to tell him everything directly like that, you know. He’s my best friend. Compare to the others, Lu, I am the closest with Yixing,” he said , trying to strengthen his stand. Luyi smiled, understood. “It’s okay. I know that he will choose wisely. Yixing really loves his career more than anything so there’s no way he’s putting down the opportunity.”

 

I wish I can confirm that as well, Lu. But Yixing’s heart is unpredictable.  

 

“Have you actually buy him a house and what not in Beijing?” jongin asked out of his curiosity. The girl took a sip on her tea and nodded. “Yeah.. my dad is very looking forward to have Yixing in his agency because he knows that young man has the guts and determination to be big one day. So, baba actually bought him his own studio and whatnot there.” she explained. Jongin was a bit jealous of Yixing because he could literally live his dreams. It took himself a solid 5 years, to master dancing and nowadays, he had been busy looking up some audition from big agencies such as JYP and SM and also YG.

 

For some reasons that day, Luyi doesn’t look that childish anymore. Her desperation to get and have Yixing weren’t as burning as it was before this. He wondered why.

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

Hyuna stared at her laptop screen that was showing all the pictures of the 4 of them before the accident. She knew, every and each of them had their own dirty little secrets and not wanting to tell anyone because it could ruin the friendship. Hers had already broken. Two at once which was really devastating. Now, the only thing she can do was prepare herself mentally and physically for Yixing’s departure.

 

Out of the blue, she received a video call from Jiwon. Heaving a sigh, she pressed answer. However, the screen was totally black. She frowned. “Jiwon ah, what the hell,” she asked as she put on her earphones. “Are you ready? Don’t cry okay?” she heard Jiwon said on the other line. She nodded.

 

She could see Jiwon took a peek because he moved his fingers a little bit at that moment. Then, he lifted his fingers and Jiwon was wearing a Winnie the Pooh onesie and was holding a bouquet of flowers. The acoustic guitar that she had bought a few months back was leaning on the sofa beside him. Hyuna could feel herself tearing up. Haih, idiot. Why..? 

 

Jiwon put down his Pooh beside him carefully and put the flower beside his laptop. Instead of picking up the guitar, he pickup his latop and put it on top of grand piano. “Kim Jiwon, don’t. you really don’t have to..” “Just, shh…”

 

The boy started to play iKON’s Just Go and he began to rap and sing. The song was so and calm yet sad and fierce all mixed up. She could feel the lyrics got into her. The way he sung the song just made it as if the lyrics were the things that he wanted to say to her.

 

It feels like I forcefully

Squeezed myself in your heart that didn’t have place for me

I feel bad seeing you who’s

Feelings I messed up with

So much that you couldn’t’ tell head from tails

don’t be sorry to me if you do that,

My heart will burn up

We weren’t fated

 

 

It also felt as if it was the song that she wanted to sing to Yixing. Hyuna closed her eyes and enjoyed the song. The song ended with Jiwon’s skillful ad-lib on piano.

 

“You’re not going to kick me away, right?” he asked. His eyes looked a bit teary and she knew how scared he felt at that moment. Jiwon was a man who stick with his words. She smiled and nodded. “Never, Jiwon ah. Trust me.”

 

A relief smiled was drawn across his face and he finally calmed down. “We’ll meet soon, okay?” he said, a little bit not confident. Hyuna chuckled. “Tomorrow, okay? What ifs they see? They know already,” she said. He could sense that he was a bit pissed with the whole situation.

 

They ended the video call with a flying kiss and she turned off her laptop. She lied down on the bed and stared at the ceilings. Hyomin hasn’t been home since forever since she was busy practicing with her partner and what not. She was also worried about her performance soon and nothing seems been working out nowadays. Might as well just dropped school and go to some countryside and finish studying there.. she thought to herself.

 

She grabbed her phone and texted Yixing about their practice and school. Atleast for now, they have to stick around to graduate. Thus, he have to stick with his words. He promised.

 

 

 

To be continued.  

 

 

A/N: are my stories boring, honestly?? T^T