Chapter 5: Curiosity kills the cat

Erase

Yixing made a sudden break and his motorbike screeched till it stopped in front of this one building. He took off his helmet and sprinted into the building. His phone was tightly clenched in his hand. Instead of using the lift, he used the stairs, running all the way up to the 6th floor without resting. 

He arrived at the room and he used the card to unlock the door. It made a click sound and he could see the blond boy was sipping his coffee while scrolling something on his laptop. He was wearing his favorite white v-neck shirt and gray sweatpants. “Oh, Xingtou.” he blinked a few times, confused with his sudden appearance. Yixing was panting, trying to catch his breathe. “What are you doing here?” the boy asked. 

Yixing closed the door behind him and dragged himself closer to the boy. “Hyunnie,” he sat on the chair and sighed. Luhan stared at Yixing, observing him from head to toe. “Are you okay, dude?” he asked, patting his back. Yixing clenched his phone and stared at the kitchen counter. “I don’t know. I feel angry and all and I don’t even know why..” he told him. Luhan sighed and smiled slightly. “Hmm, as usual isn’t it? Have you take your medicine?” 

Yixing shook his head. 

Luhan stood up and went to one of his kitchen cabinets and grabbed a bottle of blue pills. He placed it in front of Yixing and poured his a glass of water. “Swallow,” he demanded. Yixing took 3 pills and halfheartedly swallowed the it. He cringed at the taste that hits his taste bud. “I don’t even know if this is even helping,” he sighed. “It’s been a year and I haven’t make any progress.” 

The blond boy knocked Yixing’s head with the magazine he was reading. “Ya, be grateful you’re alive, Xingxing.” Yixing glared at Luhan. “Why would I want to live if I don’t even know my purpose of living?” he shoot him a question. Luhan stopped whatever he was doing and focused on Yixing. “Zhang Yixing, you clearly see your purpose of living. You want to dance. That’s your passion.” he said sternly. 

The latter sighed and chucked down the water. “I guess I’m just stressed out because of Hyuna.”

“Nice. Now, you blame the girl. Always the girl, Xingtou. Always.” 

“I’m not! Like.. she’s just keep on getting into my nerve. Why?”

Luhan bit his lips, holding back whatever he wanted to say at that moment. “I feel like everybody has something that I don’t know.” 

“You’ll know soon enough. I promise.” 

“With this medicine and this tad progress? Yeah, right.” Yixing said sarcastically. 

“Trust me.” 

“Aren’t I always?” 


Luhan sighed and walked to his bookshelves which was the place where he placed all of his patients’ documents. He went through the documents that started with ‘Z’, searching for Yixing’s file. Once he found the file, he flipped over. Yixing was one of his special patients and might probably be his last patient. He walked to the Yixing and sat on the kitchen counter, beside the confused Yixing. The boy watched as the blond read over his information. “What are you searching?” 

“Trying to see your medical records for the past months. You’ve been regularly going to the hospital right? With.. Jongin?” he didn’t mean to make the statement sound like question but he just did. Yixing shrugged. “Yeah. Lately, he kept on insisting me to go to the hospital to get some regular checkups. Well, we all keep it a secret from Hyuna. Baekhyun as well.” Luhan looked at Yixing curiously. “With Jongin? Really?” 

“Yeah. What’s the prob? He’s my best friend. He won’t do any on me.” 

The blond took a sip on his liquor. “We’ll see about that.” he mumbled as he closed the file and kept it back to it’s place. 


**


“I kinda miss seeing Yixing and Hyuna, ya know?” Baekhyun suddenly confessed as the 4 of them enjoyed heir tteobokki. Chanyeol nodded, agreeing. “Yeah. They haven’t come to school for almost a week now and nobody knows where they went.” he added. 

Hyomin just quietly drank her cider at the side, hoping that no one would ask her any questions. 

“They left so suddenly but I remember the last time I saw Hyuna though.” Jongin said, biting down his tteobokki. “When?! Where?!” the three of them shouted in sync, making the other customers to eye them suspiciously. “Woah, chill.” Jongin chuckled rather smugly. “I don’t know. I was walking to Luyi’s condominium and I saw a familiar motorbike.” he started to tell the story. 

“Don’t you guys remember? Hyuna doesn’t drive nor ride motorbikes. She got traumatized by it, remember?” Jongin reminded them. Then, he continued. “However, I saw her old motorbike, parked nicely outside one of the most expensive condos around here.” he said. 

“Sky Residence?” 

“Yep. She looked dreadful. I almost can’t recognize her that time. I wanted to say hi but she looked as if she was in a rush.” 

Hyomin gulped. She didn’t expect her best friend would do something like that. As Baekhyun was busy listening to the conversations, his eyes managed to caught the uneasiness of Hyomin during the whole conversation. He frowned in suspicion. Does she knows something about this? Baekhyun took out his phone and read back the messages he gave to Hyuna during their MIAs. 

Hyuna seems to be with her phone all the time.. He thought. He tried to recall back all the secrets Hyuna had ever tell him. aye… no way she’s going back with that dude… he said to himself. 

“We should look for her.. or should we look for Yixing?” Chanyeol said, not sure with his own feelings. Hyomin put down her cider and poked Jongin’s arm. “The only person who can talk with Hyuna is Yixing. Do bare that in your minds.” she told them. 

The others nodded in agreement. Jongin volunteered to call Yixing. He took out his phone and dialed the lamb’s number. It rang trice before he picked up, which was a surprised. “Hello?” the voice said in the other line. Jongin put it on loudspeaker so the others would hear as well. “Yixing?” 

“Awh, mian. This is Seolhyun. Yixing is taking a shower.” she explained. 

For some reasons, everyone sighed in relief. “How many days since he had been living with you?” Chanyeol asked. “Umm, 2 days? I’m not sure. Ever since he came, it all had been filled with non-stop rough make outs.. I don’t even know what’s got into him but well, I like it.” they exchanged looks before pursuing the call. 

“He hasn’t been himself, right?” 

“Yeah. He’s all quite and tensed up. Whenever I asked what was going on, he would shook his head and sometimes he would just leave to smoke. News update; he smokes now.”

“What the heck? He would never smoke,”

“He does now. And he could finish a box of cigarette half a day.”

Baekhyun hold his hand together and forced himself to think hard. What is happening between them? There’s no way Yixing could recover that fast. he continued to have this conversation with himself in his head. 

“And, whenever he’s asleep, he would mumble something that I don’t understand. It’s in chinese..” Seolhyun cotinued.

Dont go. Don’t leave. It’s painful.” Baekhyun unconsciously said it. The others looked at him weirdly. He noticed the sudden tension and just laughed it off. “No no no.. I was just thinking of a mv to relate this with. Hehehehe.” 

No… 

 

Baekhyun hoped off from his car and sprinted all the way up to the guy’s condominium. It wasn’t his first time but it was his first time to actually barge in. Once he arrived infront of the door, he rang the bell. Within seconds, the door swing open slowly, revealing Jiwon who had dressed nicely in black shirt and pants with his hair nicely gel to the back. 

Baekhyun a bold move by grabbing him by the shirt and shoved him to the wall. “The have you done to Hyuna?!” he screamed at his face. Jiwon moved his face away from Baekhyun’s and scoffed rather smugly. “Don’t give that face you bastard! What have you done to her?!” he pushed him harder to the wall. 

“What do you want from me Byun Baekhyun?” the latter said in low, threatening voice that sent  shivers down his spines. “If you’re searching for that , you can always call her. I thought you’re her best friend,” he emphasized on the phrase ‘her best friend’ making the smaller boy to flinch. Jiwon laughed emptily. 

“Ah, she didn’t pick up isn’t it?” he took the advantage to push Baekhyun away by pushing his forehead. Baekhyun stumbled backwards but remained standing, glaring at Jiwon. “Well, I guess she can’t trust you enough.” Jiwon spat more insults towards him, making him all angry and vulnerable. 

“Ya know what Baek. She’s not here. I have nothing to do with that female do-” “Don’t ing call her that!!” Jiwon raised both of his hands, pretending to surrender but laughed afterward. “Damn. I thought I got I scared. Anyways,” he cleared his throat. “Next time, taking of your properly.” 

Baekhyun stormed towards Jiwon but instantly stopped when he took out a gun and point right at his forehead. “One more move, I’ll make your head explode.”  

**

He dragged himself out from the building and entered his car. He hit his steering in anger. He can’t believe Jiwon had the sanity to keep a gun in his house. If Hyuna ever come to that freak’s house, he bet all of his live she had to fulfill all of his mad fantasies. “Hyuna,” he sighed and dialed her number. It only rang and connected him to the voice message. 

Baekhyun began to drove all the way to Yixing’s and Hyuna’s usual practice spot, hoping to see her by any chance. He hit the pedal as hard as he could, going all the way past the speed limit. This kind of situation would remind him the past. The mistake that Hyuna had done before that made every single one of them like this. Some days, he would blamed it all on her but the others? He would wish he could have stop it before it happened because he knows how fragile Hyuna is. 

He parked his car and ran all the way up to the practice room. He could hear songs being played. His heartbeat was beating so fast. Hyunnie.. he pleaded. With his trembling hands, he pushed down the door handle and pushed it inward slowly. His eyes widened when he saw what happened inside the room.

“H-hyuna..” 

 

To Be Continued.

 

 

 

 

A/N: haaa.. i feel like this story has lots of dramas in it.. and uuuu i cant wait to write more but be aware.. it's going to get slightly rated... idk oh and holidays are coming to an end.... haih... do pray for me exams and well, creds to Cho who had been helping lately... hm <3