Chapter 10: Efforts

Erase

Hyuna entered the practice room along with Chanyeol and Baekhyun. They both were laughing with each other until they found Yixing was already inside the room talking with some other kids as well. Hyuna instantly became quiet and followed Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were going to sit with Yixing. “Morning,” Yixing greeted Hyuna rather too happily. She nodded awkwardly and took out her phone.

 

Out of the blue, someone poked her waist. “Ya,” it was Hyomin. “Why you look like a walking dead? Do you miss me that much?” she . Hyuna chuckled and nodded. “You’d been gone for so long. I need someone again at home. When are you coming back?” Hyuna tried to sound normal, chirpy like how she used to be before this. Never once she thought, being happy was so hard. Everything made her felt like crying and the tears seemed to be uncontrollable.

 

The class started and Mrs. Jung told had ordered them to dance freestyle. They were also being reminded about their final evaluation. That made Hyuna to cringe. She knew that Yixing will remember everything and he might as well abandoned her later on. So, she had to make up her solo performance if she wants to get out of the school.

 

As the other students were busy watching Taehyung doing his freestyle, Yixing inched closer to Hyuna. He whispered to her. “Sit with me later during lunch,” Hyuna looked at him and he winked at her before focusing back to the class. Something inside her started to ache but she wasn’t so sure what was it. Yes, she was happy that the old Yixing is coming back and he wouldn’t scold her so often and he would be that kindhearted most loving person in the universe. However, will he ever forgive her for ruining his life?

 

After the class ended, she immediately went to the ladies and made a call.

 

“Hye, Hyuna. I’m currently practicing. Are you okay?” Jiwon was half whispering and half talking. That made her to think twice before continuing the conversation. “Ah, nevermind. I’ll come by your place later tonight. If there’s a change of plans, I’ll inform you,” she quickly hang up before the man could reply to her. She took a quick look in the mirror and fixed her hair.

 

Yixing was waiting for her at their usual table with two trays on the table. Hyuna took a seat infront of Yixing and smiled. “Hye, what’s up?” damn, can I sound even more awkward? Nice move. Kim Hyuna. Yixing just smiled at her. The smile that he always flashed back in the days. At that point, she really believed that Yixing had came back for good. But the moment his head dropped, she knew he wasn’t fully recovered yet. “Amnesia… it’s really hard,” he confessed, playing with his mashed potato.

 

Hyuna’s heart softened at his confession. “Can, we.. not talk about this. I mean, if you want to know more, you can go ask the others and not me. I refused to say anything,” Hyuna said sternly and was about to leave when Yixing stood up and grabbed her wrist. “Please, stay,” he begged. Their eyes met and she could see sadness all over his face. She sat back down and sighed.

 

“I.. I miss you. I know this sounds wrong but deep inside me, I really miss you. So, please. Do me just one favor and stay,” he pleaded, staring at her straight in the eyes. Hyuna’s gaze dropped and she just nodded. “Look,” he started up a new topic. “Since we both are we going to graduate, I had prepared everything for us. Later this evening, I’ll give you the pendrive that consists of our performance and some songs if you like to change it. We’ll discuss it again tomorrow. Okay?” he tried to sound happy and chirpy, but she can sensed the burdensome in his voice. Not to make it awkward, she smiled and nodded. “Yeah, anything for you, Zhangyi,”

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

Hyuna got out from her car and went up to Jiwon’s condominium. She was wearing her t-shirt and flannel on with some short shorts. In her bag, she had bought some alcohol to enjoy for the night. She wasn’t so sure if she could survive alone in her room that was why she had ran to see Jiwon. Once she arrived infront of the room, she used the spare access card that he gave it to her and entered the condo.

 

She found that Jiwon was laying on the sofa, eyes closed and his earphones were on. The girl put the bag on the floor, took off her flannel, and lay down on top of Jiwon. He took off his right earphone and smiled with his eyes closed. “You’re here,” he said quietly but the happiness was overload from that mere sentence. She hummed, and hugged him, enjoying the sound of his beating heart. “You feeling okay?” he asked, hand were caressing her back, tracing some random pattern just to make her feel calm.

 

“I think.. I have a bad feelings that I am going to have some major depression. That’s why I don’t want to be alone for now,” That statement made Jiwon’s heart to throb so hard, he was having a hard time breathing. He opened his eyes and lifted his head a little bit. “Cant you just move in with me?” he asked. Well, it was more to begging, though. Hyuna lifted her head as well and smiled sadly. “No. I know that they all had already figure out our relationship by now but I am still freakingly in love with Yixing. I still longed for him,”

 

“But, I longed for you too. Can’t you fulfill my wishes for once?”  

 

The girl inched higher and pressed her lips with his. “Jiwon oppa. We talked about this remember?” she said. There was a hint of annoyance in her voice so he stopped from whining. They stared into each other eyes. Never once they meet that there weren’t any lust in their eyes. Both of them actually weren’t so sure of what their current statuses were but whenever they see each other, they just want each other; physically, emotionally and mentally. If that is not love, then what is.

 

Jiwon sat up and Hyuna was sitting on his lap, hands around his neck. “Dammit Hyuna. I don’t even ing know what we are,” he mumbled as he leaned his forehead on top of hers. She closed her eyes and heaved a sigh. “Me too,” she finally gave in and kissed him. The kiss weren’t rough. It was just slow and full of emotions. Hyuna held both of his shoulders and squeezed it as she began to move her body against his.

 

Before the kiss heated up, Jiwon stopped her and covered , panting. “Don’t. I w-want to go out with you,” Hyuna, who was panting as well, giggled at his sudden action. “Kim Jiwon, are you asking me on a date?” her voice was muffled with his hand. Jiwon couldn’t help but to laugh shyly. “Err, yes. Come on. At least if they see us, they already know that we are just friends,” he convinced. Hyuna rolled her eyes and nodded. “Fine,”

 

He told her to go and changed to something warmer as he also changed into something nicer. It wasn’t their first time to actually walk around together but it’s been forever since their last time. Back then, she usually goes out with him to attend his underground shows and what not. She also joined in the after-party.

 

After changing, they both walked out from the condo hand in hand. “Where are we going?” Hyuna suddenly asked as they were walking to somewhere she doesn’t know. Jiwon took a glance at his wrist watch and a smiled creep on his face. “I’d been wanting to go with you for so long and I know this is childish but,” he bit his lips in hesitation. “I want to bring you to the arcade,”

 

That made Hyuna cracked into a laughter. Jiwon on the other hand stared at her, pouting. “I told you to not laugh!” he whined and tickled her waist. She pushed him away, laughing and raised both of her hands in defeat. “Yes, yes. Let’s go. Gosh, you whiny girl,”

 

“I am not a girl,”

 

They continued to walk until they arrived at this one arcade. She was quite surprise to find a arcade that big around this neighborhood. She shrugged off the thoughts. Maybe because I am not familiar of this neighborhood.she tried to relax herself and entered the arcade with Jiwon.

 

After changing their money into tokens, Jiwon dragged her to the basketball machine. They bet whoever scored more wins 2 kisses. Hyuna teased for being such a kid but agreed anyways. It had been awhile since she became so carefree in what she does and this was one of the best escape ever. Either it was Jiwon or the arcade, she couldn’t tell.

 

 

--

 

 

Baekhyun threw himself on the sofa and read Yixing’s diary entries. “So, you’re telling me this was what you wrote when you were in the hospital after the incident?” he asked while reading the entries. It seemed that Yixing had actually worked so hard to gain his memory ever since the first day he got into that accident. Yixing sat on the couch and drank his cola. “Yeah, I knew something was wrong because, I don’t know whether I was conscious or not but I heard the doctor said something was wrong with my brain,” he explained.

 

The younger friend nodded, trying to understand the whole situation. It was kinda weird for Baekhyun to be there because usually, Yixing would invite Jongin because they were closer to each other. Sighing, he closed the leather-covered notebook. “Why didn’t you call Jongin over?” Baekhyun suddenly asked. Yixing looked at him and smiled, resuming to read the other book. “I saw Jongin the other day,” he said quietly.

 

Baekhyun leaned in closer to hear him better. “You saw him.. and?” it was a little impatient of Baekhyun to ask but surprisingly, Yixing didn’t flip. “He was walking with someone who was so familiar to me but I couldn’t recall who she was.” the latter said in a sad tone. He put down the cola and fixed his gaze on Baekhyun. “Something is very wrong right now, Baekhyun and I don’t know what is and I am going to find out,”

 

You have no ing idea, Zhang Yixing.

 

Baekhyun snatched Yixing’s cola and finished it in one gulp while the friend just stared at him. “You just have to go through all of these again. I’ll help you with whatever I can. I’m not the person who was close with you before. I am more to Hyuna than you and Jongin is more to you than Hyuna. You have to figure things out Yixing.. before it’s too late,” Baekhyun stood up and walked to Yixing. He gave the latter a pat on the shoulder before leaving Yixing’s house.

 

Once he was outside, he too a deep breath and exhaled. A smile creep up on his face and he nodded to the void. It was as if his prayer were being fulfilled by God. Things weren’t as bad as they thought it would be and Yixing didn’t flip that much. The anger was visible but most probably sadness took over him rather than anger. However, he can’t be that carefree because one of his friends was acting super weird lately.

 

 

 

To be continued.

 

 

A/N: hye guys. What do you guys think about the characters? Can you guess the protagonist by now? Hahaha Thank you for the comments! it made my day really!! ^O^