Meet Mr. Cactus

Cherubical Cactus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai stood outside his house, inhaling the toxic smoke from his cigarette. He stayed in silent watching the night light, eyeing the bustling car on the road while leaning his body on the balcony. He tried so hard not to step on the garden of cactus that covered almost all over the balcony area. He never saw the owner of that ugly plant. He knew about his next-door neighbor name Lay, and he already told him that the cactus garden belongs to his little brother. Lay usually would accompany Kai at the balcony every time he had something clouding his mind. Lay was a very good listener. He couldn't be with Kai tonight because he stuck with his office work.

 

 

'All of them are ugly' He slowly kicked one of the cacti. He thought that maybe the owner, Lay's little brother was too lonely and ugly to make friends, so he used cactus to heal his loneliness. Kai managed to stay away from the cigarette for months, but when Taemin desperately pleading for his love again after so many years of disappearing, he needed that noxious smoke again, just to stop his shaken heart. 

 

 

A gushed of night winds blew angrily to his bare body, making him shivered, he loses his grips to the cigarette and it fell into the cactus garden.

 

 

", " Kai quickly crouched down and started searching for it on the floor. He accidentally knocked one of the cactus plants down and likes domino effect, other cactuses fell down simultaneously too.

 

 

"This is bad" Kai sighed, eyeing at the mess he made in the cactus garden.

 

 

Sehun was so tired after his study lesson with his friend, he came home that night with a starving stomach and a sleepy eye, he becomes cranky easily. To make matter worsted, he saw one of his neighbors rummaging his beloved cactus garden. The garden looked like it was being run down by a bulldozer. He stood silently in shocked watching that man cursing while searching for something in his cactus garden. 

 

 

'Is this Lay's friend? our neighbor?' Sehun frowned. He could feel his face burning when their eyes met. The man's eyes were sharp, still looking at him. Without a word, he made Sehun flustered. The man's hair was blonde, sticking up in every direction. He had a full piercing on his left ear with multiple tattoos covering his upper body. Sehun's heart skips a beat, he loves a man with tattoos. His heart twinged when he looked at the terrible condition of his cactus garden. 

 

 

"You murder my babies!" Sehun yelled while crossing his arms over his chest.

 

 

Kai froze when he heard someone's high pitched voice, shouting at him angrily.  He placed back the cactus pot on the floor and glanced at his back. His eyes widened at the sight of a very good looking young boy, scowling hard at him.  He stood up and patted his dirty hands on his jeans. The young boy still glaring at him, looking so unamused with his act. 

 

 

"Lay's little baby brother," Kai huffed, feeling bad for ruin the garden but he did try to help and it was pure accident.  'Sehun,' he remembered Lay telling him his little brother name. The boy was young, in his early 20, he was still a kid.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter