Seventeen

[SEVENTEEN'S TRILOGY PART ③] Dear My Future Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'At the touch of love everybody turns into an artist.'

 

Chaeyoon stood in front of the closet for quite some time, staring at the dress. She then slowly took it out and placed it in front of her body while looking at herself in the mirror. It seemed so familiar. She felt a sudden urge to put it on.

After making sure that the door was locked, she began to take off her clothes and changed into the dress before looking at the mirror again. The creamy sheets of the silk dress slipped onto her shoulders, peppering her body with soft, sensual kisses. She tied her hair up high into a ponytail, somehow feeling to do so. Again she stood in front of the mirror, staring at her own reflection.

 

"Jagiya, have you done?" A guy's voice could be heard as the door opened. "Ah, just a moment. I'm trying...to...put on this thing." Chaeyoon answered while struggling to clasp the necklace with a diamond shaped locket. She then felt a pair of hands holding tightly on to hers while her heart skipped a beat.

"Let me help you." He said and she removed her hands from the back of her neck. Within a second the necklace was prettily hanging from her neck. She stood up and faced him. "Thank you."

"Anything for you, my love." He put his hands on her waist while she wrapped her arms around his shoulder. "Where are we going later, Mingyu?"

He released her and pinched her nose. "You will know it soon. By the way, you look so beautiful in this dress, Chaeyoon."

"Are you trying to compliment your own taste, huh? Anyway, thanks for this present. I love it so much." She then tiptoed and gave him a soft peck.

Mingyu smiled and took her hand in his. "It's almost 7. Let's go."

 

They came to a classy restaurant. The waiter who was standing outside opened the door for them with a polite bow while both of them replied with a smile. He led them to a table which was covered with maroon cloth along with white napkin on top. Chaeyoon sat down, followed by the waiter placing the napkin nicely on her lap. While he went to serve Mingyu, she took a look around. There were large mullioned windows, long embroidered curtains, and flowers on each table. There were also delicate live piano music and the floor was made of flagstone tile. She closed her eyes and let herself soak in the ambient music for a few moments, drinking in the fragranced air.

"You seemed to like here a lot." She heard Mingyu and saw him smiling. "Like what I always said, my boyfriend has the best taste."

Just then, another waiter went to their table and carefully placed two sets of steak in front of them, along with a bottle of red wine. After he left, Chaeyoon looked at the person opposite her. "Wow, you seemed to have prepared everything today."

Mingyu shrugged, gesturing her to began the dinner. As soon as they finished, Chaeyoon wiped the corner of her lips with a napkin, and they didn't say anything for a moment. She raised to see Mingyu who was gazing at her intensely, that she smiled shyly and lowered her head to hide her blushing face. Very soon she saw a shadow approaching, which caused her to raise her head again.

To her surprise, she saw Mingyu kneeling in front of her. "Yah, what are you doing? Get up!" She whispered.

"Chaeyoon..." He began. "Chaeyoon, this might be sounded very cheesy for you, but, my eyes search for you when you are not around. My heart aches when I don’t find you. You are the reason for all my happiness and without you my life would be so dull. All I want in my life is that we stay together for all the life. I love you."

She smiled, knowing what was he going to say next. "Chaeyoon, will you marry me?"

"Mingyu, I'm not sure whether we're really destinied." She stopped smiling and sighed. He stood up and took her hands. "If you aren't sure about this, God will make the decision for you. There are two plates of cake of this table, if you ate the one which has the ring in it, you have to be my wife."

Chaeyoon raised an eyebrow. "What if I don't want both of them?" She left the table and walked towards the cake section. There were variety of cakes arranged nicely beneath the glass and she decided to choose a rose cheese cake.

Very soon she went back to the table and sat down. The waiter sent the cake to her front and she took the fork before looking at Mingyu. He didn't have any response, just staring at her with a blank expression. Chaeyoon shrugged and began to slice the cake. Later on she could feel something hard, which made her to stop her actions for a second. She continued to cut the cake and saw something shining inside.

"Mingyu, you..." Chaeyoon looked at him with a surprised face. He smiled in satisfaction. "Hi there, my Mrs. Kim."

She then took the other two cakes which was on the table and cut them, revealing rings inside both. “Mingyu, you're such a cunning devil!” She frowned at him but at the same time she couldn't hide her smile. Mingyu walked towards her and hugged her tightly, which made her laughed with tears.

 

Chaeyoon changed into a more comfortable clothes and went downstairs. She saw Mingyu was sitting tiredly on the couch while watching the television. "Are you feeling sleepy?" She sat down beside him before lying on her side to face him.

Mingyu sat straight and cleared his throat. "Well, not really. It's just that this show is boring. I will change another channel." He took the remote and pressed a random button.

"Mingyu?" She called him softly, which caused him to turn towards her. "Yes, Chaeyoon?"

"I just remembered how did you propose to me." She smiled and blushed a little, thinking of how sweet the scene was. Mingyu took her hands. "I never thought you could remember this fast. You are going to recover soon."

She nodded. "I'm kind of tired right now. Let's go to sleep, shall we?"

 

The wind was blowing gently through the curtain, which caused Chaeyoon to have goosebumps from time to time. She was lying on a king-sized bed, which was supposed to be a cozy one but it turned out to be a sleepless night for her. It was meant for two person, and that was why she felt a sudden loneliness. She touched the thick bed sheet, wishing how nice would it be if he was beside her.

She shook her head and sat up straight. "Uhh, why do I ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter