Chapter 3

Memory of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ara 

 

They're sitting in physics class and Ara tries to focus her attention on the board, hoping to sink in the most information she can. It's hard to keep the grades high when you work part time as a mediator between humans and ghosts. A work that cannot even be officially acknowledged, because who would believe her?

``You know where we're going tonight, right?`` Sena keeps repeating. If it wasn't for her, perhaps Ara wouldn't be so distracted.

``You know, I'm not going there`` she voices underneath her breath when the teacher turns his head to write formulas on the board.

``You know, I'm briging you there`` Sena asserts back confident. ``You got to stay with Hanbin alone yesterday while I went to Han River, I deserve to see him also``

Sena went to Han River yesterday.

It happened when Bobby and Hanna were trying to put Hanbin unconscious body in Ara's car. The ajhuma appeared of the blue, in front of Ara and begged her to go to Han River to help her daughter, which was crying after finding out the truth. After finding out that her boyfriend was truly cheating on her.

And Sena being the only one aware of the situation, she decided to go there instead of Ara.

``I doubt you helped her, you aren't the best at comforting`` Ara says.

The teacher stops their conversation and the rest of the period goes in silence. 

 

⇔⇔⇔

 

During lunch break, Ara and Hanna sits together on a table in the corner of the cafeteria. 

``So did you find anything about that ghost who pushed Hanbin?`` Sena asks, her month half full.

Ara shakes her head from left to right. ``I'm planning on staying away from him``

Sena screams a `what?` in shock as she drops her sandwich on her tray. ``You can't do this to Hanbin, I mean to all the boys, what if he tries to hurt them again.

Ara sighs, she really doesn't want to get involve with that ghost. She helped plenty of them over the past few years, ever since the development of her ability, but never once she felt such a negative aura coming from one. What if by trying to help Hanbin and the others, he hurts her or worse Sena? 

``He told me to not get in his way and I shall follow his commandments``

Sena is about to disapprouve but stops after hearing the ringtone of her phone. ``It's Hanna``

She picks it up and Ara watches her talking with her sister, various emotions crossing her visage. She hungs up and the words that comes out of leaves Ara speechless and more frightened than ever.

``Donghyuk got hurt while playing guitar``

``That happens sometimes`` Ara replies denying the other possibility.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter