Chapter 15

Memory of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hanbin

 

 

“Do you think it's too much?” Bobby asked looking at his reflexion in the mirror.

“Yep” Hanbin said not paying much attention to him. Apparently he had planned to confess to Hanna today. 

“What if she rejects me?” He kept on asking while putting on parfum.

“She won't” Hanbin simply replied.

Hanbin was sure of it, everyone knew that Hanna's in love with Bobby as much as he's with her.

When they arrived at Hanna's birthday party, Hanbin's eyes only searched for one person. He didn't have much hope to see her as she said she probably won't come. However, to his surprise, she was already there.

He spotted her in the kitchen. She was wearing a black dress, her hair weren't attached but beautifully falling in her back. She looked stunning and Hanbin approached the kitchen, a wild smile on his face. A smile that soon faded as he noticed that she wasn't alone but rather talking with another guy. Hanbin decided to back off, but Ara caught sight of him and waved her hand motioning him to come towards her.

“Thought you had a lot of work to catch up” 

“Yeah well, it can wait another day” she replied  before turning towards the men standing next to her. “Hanbin, this is Jinhyeong. He's one of my childhood friend”

Hanbin introduced himself  and they both started talking a bit. 

“So how did you guys met each other, Ara and you?” Jinhyeong questionned Hanbin when Ara left to see Hanna and Sena. 

“Well, she's Sena's best friend and Sena is Hanna's  sister and it sort of just happened”

Hanbin guesses it was enough of explanation because he didn't want to go into details. It was random and unexpected situation and circumstances that brought them together. Despite the ups and downs, Hanbin was extremely grateful of the way things turned out. 

The party went on perfectly, with Hanna cutting the cake, everyone singing happy birthday, playing a few games... 

All Hanbin was anticipating was Bobby's confession which didn't seem like it was going to happen anytime soon. Time was running out and if it wasn't for Junhoe, perhaps Bobby feelings would have been left unspoken. 

Junhoe suggested to play truth or dare and everyone formed a circle circle. Except for the members, Hanna, Sena, Ara and Jinhyeong, Suhyun, Chanhyuk, Jennie, Lisa, Rosé and Jisoo were also there. 

Junhoe turned an empty bottle and it stopped on Bobby. He smiled mischievously, which was rather a negative sign.

“Truth or dare?” 

“Truth” Bobby uttered without hesitation and this knowing very well that Junhoe's dares are the worst.

“You like Hanna, don't you?” Junhoe asked not wasting a second time. He sure is the devil's incarnation. 

Needless to say everyone was speechless and awaiting Bobby's answer.  Hanbin was shocked, how could he asks that knowing perfectly that Bobby had planned to confess by himself tonight. 

Nevertheless, Bobby didn't seem shocked at all.

“I do” he answered without a doubt.

Everyone started murmuring and Hanna's cheeks changed to a shade of pink. 

“Hanna, I was planning on confessing but every time I tried, I couldn't” Bobby sounded confident but Hanbin knew deep down, he wasn't that much. “I really like you” Bobby was trying to find more words to express his love as Hanna wasn't uttering a word. He waited for a yes or for anything, he couldn't bear the silence. 

“I like you too”

“OUUHHHH” everyone sang in unison, before Bobby stood up and brought Hanna elsewhere. 

“Let's keep playing” Sena ordered. 30 minutes later and the bottle stopped on Ara. 

“So Ara, truth or dare?” Jennie asked.

“Dare”

“Okay, hum” the girl hesitated. “Kiss the person on your right side”

Hanbin's eyes immediately turned to the person on her right side, after his eyes motion, his heart was next. He felt a pang and then nauseous. Jinhyeong was the one on Ara's right side.

                                                             

 

      --------

 

 

Falling for Ara was the last thing on Hanbin's mind. In fact, it never once crossed his mind. Never did he thought he'd fall for her. For someone he used to despise in the beginning. For someone he thought was his bad luck. But here he was, head over heels for her despite his will. He tried to burry the feelings, to get rid of them before it takes completely over him. Before he falls too hard. He can't afford to be in love, not now. Not now that he was so close to debut, so close to achieving his dream. So close to the thing he longed for so long. 

Hanbin wished he had found out about these feelings before. Not while playing a game at Hanna's birthday party. He wished he hadn't felt jealous of Jinhyeong. He's a friend. A friend of Ara. But he couldn't take it to see it. He couldn't bear to see Ara kiss him. So intuitively he did what his heart desired. Take her away. 

Hanbin's rational, the type of person to act upon his mind's commands, after thinking of all pros and cons of a decision. However, his mind was blank at this moment, and his heart took the lead. Perhaps, for once Hanbin wanted to be selfish and forget about the consequences of what this decision of his would bring. 

He didn't want to regret it, didn't want to take the risk of losing her without even giving it chance. After all, this was all about Ara. The one who helped him all along. The one who made him realize that grief takes times and regrets,m and mistakes are okay. That opening up isn't always a disastrous decision. The one who made him feel things he thought he'd never be able to. She taught him how to not be so hard on himself, on how to forgive himself. The one who taught him that he's allowed to feel joy and positive feelings. He's grown a lot and it's all thanks for Ara. 

Hanbin wished he knew of these feelings in regards of Ara beforehand and not now, at this moment, at this party. He wish he hadn't failed to see it, all the signs and emotions he felt every time she was around, every time they exchanged words or a look. After all, now that he thinks about it, he fell slowly. In a long process. Hanbin fell for her open mindedness. He always feared people would judge him if he ever poured his heart out about Junseo but she didn't. Instead, she listened without judgements or anything. He fell for that feeling of peacefulness that surrounds him whenever Ara's near. For that feeling of pure bliss, joy and warmth. He fell for how genuinely he can be just himself around her. Fell for the way she makes him feel. Fell for so many reasons. 

“Hanbin” Ara blurted. “What are you doing?”

Hanbin had dragged her out of the house, far away from Jinhyeong, firmly holding her hand. Ara hadn't spoken a word but walked along side him, in silence. She let him. She trusted him. 

Hanbin stopped and breathed. Slowly letting go of her hand, much to his regret, he gazed around. He didn't know where he was, didn't kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter