Chapter 1

Memory of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(a/n) everything written in italics are thoughts of one of the character's. everything written in grey is said by a spectrum and the rest by the narrator.

Please keep in mind that this story takes place when ikon's members are still trainees.

 

 

Ara 

 

Ara's living the kind of life people would most likely be willing to sell their soul just to experience a day of it. Being the only child of the Lee's family, third among the richest families in Seoul, she literally has access to everything. A enormous mansion, the best education, gets to taste a variety of food every single day, the dream wardrobe and so on and so forth.

But each family have theirs own secrets, don't they?

He has been following her since three weeks now, but never bothered to say something. Ara pretended as if she hadn't notice him. Ignoring was the most preeminent decision as for now. Being a senior in the most demanding high school of Seoul city and struggling to help ghosts, she had no time to waste with another one.

However, as time passed by, he's been more present. Waiting in front of her house, in front of her school, in front of the coffee shop she often pays a visit, he was everywhere, glaring at her yet not doing anything.

And as Ara drives her car, she feel his presence behind her but every time she'd look in the rear view mirror, he'd vanish. The girl sighs and directly drives towards the school.

 

⇔⇔⇔

 

``What's up?`` Sena asks her, as she takes a seat next to her in the biology classroom. 

``Another one is following me around, he looks young so I think he has our age`` Ara replies bored.

``Is he handsome?``

The girl can't help but laughs at her best friend's question. ``He's a ghost, don't even think about it``

``What about the ajhuma?'' Sena whispers right back ``Did she go to the other side?``

``Not yet, we need to meet her daughter after school``

The teacher stops their conversation but Ara sees Sena getting all excited. Sena has always been excited for adventure and thrilling experiences, not matter how out of ordinary they might be. 

Ara turns around and focus her attention on the board displaying the anatomy of the human body. She sighs as she shifts her eyes around the class and take notice of all the students.

Who would think that I, struggle with ghost everyday? she thinks. 

No one. They all perceive Ara as the richest, spoiled kid, who lives off her parent's money. Not that it is a lie, but she wishes people could behind that and be more compassionate.

If you think having the ability to see ghosts is a blessing, Ara doesn't think so. On the contrary, she hopes to get rid of that faculty as soon as possible.

It first started when her dog passed away. Her parents had organized funeral and Ara remembers having worn an all black outfit as she struggled to convince her parents that the dog, actually, wasn't dead. He was, in fact, right next to her, but at that time, Ara ignored that she was the only one who could see him, who could hear him yap...

Her parents thought she was extremely depressive, and on the denial phase so they hired a private psychologist.

The psychologist came to the same conclusion as her progenitors, thus after a while, Ara acted as if she couldn't see the dog anymore and he, the psychologist thought she went through the loss.

But the animal never left her side, even now, after years, he's still present. Ara knows, she might be creepy for keeping the spirit of a dog with her but it's not like she speaks the dog language. She cannot tell him to leave and besides, he isn't being a disturbance to anyone.

 

The bell rings announcing the end of the classes. Ara takes her books and follows Sena to the second floor where theirs lockers are situated.

``So what's the plan?`` Sena inquires as she leans agaisnt the locker. ``We're just going to meet the daughter and tell her that her boyfriend is cheating on her?``

``We should give it a try`` 

``Yeah, like she's going to believe us`` she retorts sarcastically.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter