XXXXIV. Uncle.

Always in my mind

“Uncle Jongdae!” Sehun shouted when his uncle entered his house, “happy birthday!!”

 

Jongdae laughed and hugged his nephew. Sehun kissed his cheek and they went to the kitchen where Yifan was cooking seaweed soup for his brother-in-law's birthday.

 

“I'm glad you came,” Yifan smiled.

“You didn't have to do all of this hyung... it's a bit too much.”

“Jaemin would have wanted me to do that, and it's your 26th birthday! It's important to celebrate it!”

“Uncle, does that mean that you're as old as daddy now?” Sehun innocently asked.

“Not as old as him, because he is an old thirty-year-old man, but well... I'm still younger than your mom.”

“Mom is still very young,” Sehun pouted.

“So I'm very very young,” Jongdae laughed and kissed his nephew's cheeks.

 

Yifan laughed and didn't even answer at Jongdae's cheeky remarks. After all, the youngest was a prankster and he liked to gently make fun of his brother-in-law he still appreciated a lot. They ate a lot and quickly, since Sehun wanted them to watch a movie all together to celebrate his uncle's birthday even more. Jongdae couldn't disagree and they ended up watching Tangled while lying on the sofa. Yifan was at one side, slowly munching on some popcorn, Sehun was between them, spread like a starfish and Jongdae was slowly falling asleep since he already knew the movie by heart.

Later in the night, Jongdae's phone buzzed and the three of them jolted awake. The sleepy boy quickly checked the message and smiled. He quickly shew his phone at Yifan who also smiled, understanding why the younger boy was suddenly looking all happy and awake.

 

From: Kim Jae Noona

Happy birthday little bro, I miss you.