X. Fire.

Always in my mind

The atmosphere at the military camp was electric tonight. Even though it wasn't a day off, their captain was celebrating his twenty-ninth birthday so all the Korean soldiers were gathered into the boys' dormitory and were celebrating it with alcohol some of them managed to buy in town earlier in the day, but also with lot of foods and cigarettes. They all knew it was against the rules to do that but for a night, for one only exception, they let go off the pressure to have some fun but mostly to forget they had been away from their families and friends for two months now. Junmyeon's birthday just happened to be at the right moment.

 

Jaemin wasn't very fond of alcohol or tobacco, but because even Junmyeon was enjoying his little party, she did so. They had some music, not too loud in order not to bother the other people around, and they were dancing, singing and chatting happily even if the main activity was to nicely torture the captain. When the sun set down, they went out and started a camp fire not so far from the cliff Jaemin loved a lot. All the Korean soldiers sat around, some of them cooking some Korean meat in the fire and they ate as they talked.

 

So, captain,” a cheerful and already drunk Kim Namjoon, a second lieutenant, asked, “you're soon going to be thirty, when are you planning to get married?”

Well, that's a good question,” Junmyeon blushed and laughed nervously.

Do you have a woman in your life? Or at least someone in mind?”

 

He looked down and laughed. The soldiers cheered on their boss to tell them, so he told them the truth.

 

I have, actually, someone I like. I'm a man too, you know? I have feelings.”

When are planning to date her?” an other asked.

Is she pretty?” the only other girl spoke.

Is she part of the army or is she a civilian?” Namjoon asked.

She is a happy wife and mother,” Junmyeon admitted sadly and automatically all the soldiers got sad too, “so it's hopeless.”

Well, you just have to try to seduce her harder than her husband did!” a newbie said.

But are you close to her? Do you know here very well?”

 

Junmyeon had a nostalgic smile on his face and nodded. He looked up, met Jaemin's drunk gaze and answered.

 

I do know her, more than she probably thinks.”