XXXXIII. Handsome.

Always in my mind

For once, Yifan arrived on time to pick up Sehun from school. He didn't wait into his car but went outside to wait in front of the gates so that his cute son could see him as soon as he was leaving the building and Yifan wanted to see his big happy smile grows when he would see him. He leaned against a fence and answered a few text messages he had from his colleagues.

 

Around him, there were only mothers which couldn't help but looking at him, whispering not so discretely since he could hear them. They were saying he was hot and handsome, and that he looked really rich and some were even wondering if he was single. Once was clever enough to answer that he had a wedding ring, which Yifan was proudly wearing, but another mother answered that the ring might simply be a simple fashion accessory. He tried hard not to make fun of them. He had always knew he had a strong effects on women, but he didn't really care: he only had one into his heart and mind, the only one who had managed to catch his attention. His dearest wife.

 

“Excuse me,” he looked up to see a short and thin woman looking at him with a big grin, “I'm Kim Soora, Yugyeom's mother. I'm the head of the parents association. I've never seen you there before,” her eyelashes fluttered and she sightly blushed.

“I'm Wu Yifan, Sehun's father.”

“Oh! Sehun! He is such a cute kid!” she chuckled, “he is a good friend of my son.”

 

Yifan nodded, yet not really convinced since he had never heard of Yugyeom before.

 

“You don't often come here, do you?” she pushed back a strand of hair behind her ear.

“I do, in fact, but I'm often late.”

“Oh, alright. You must work a lot.”

“I do,” he nodded.

“May... May I ask what's your job?”

“I'm a doctor.”

 

Next to them, a group of a few mothers chuckled.

 

“Oh! That's why you're often busy! I see! Doctors do such a great job at taking care of their patients! it mustn't be easy for you to take care of your son!”

“I do my best,” he smiled and folded his arms over his chest.

“Are you alone? Don't you have someone else who can help?”

“No, not at the moment,” he sadly smiled.

 

He was lying, Jaemin wasn't by his side for the moment, but he made sure the woman understood he was single so that he could have fun seeing her happy reaction.

 

“Oh... you know, if you sometimes need help, Mr. Wu, you can call me, I can pick Sehun after school and take care of him while you're at work. I wouldn't really mind and he would be my pleasure to help you!”

“Daddy!”

 

Yifan jolted and saw Sehun running toward him, his panda under one arm and his bag under the other. He just had enough to time to bend forward and to take him into his arms.

 

“Mom is coming back into three weeks!” Sehun grinned, “Teacher Baekhyun helped me counting!”

“O-oh... you have a girlfriend...” Yugyeom's mom's expression suddenly drakened.

“Yes, I'm married.”

“And... may I ask where she is at the moment?” she scartched her neck nervously.

“My mom is a sergeant in the army,” Sehun proudly answered instead of his father, “she is really strong and powerful and she is the most beautiful mom on Earth! She always buys me presents when she is coming back from her mission!”

“I-I see, e-excuse me,” Kim Soora bowed her head and left.

 

Yifan smiled, feeling more than proud of his son and kissed his cheek.