XXVIII. Grown up.

Always in my mind

“No I don't want to leave Jongin, I want to stay with him.”

“Sehun, please...” his father sighed.

“But I want to stay with him...”

“Why can't Hun stay?” Jongin whined and looked at his own parents with teary eyes.

“Because Sehun has to go back to Seoul with his father.”

“But why?”

“Because they live there.”

“Why do they live there?”

“Jongin,” Minseok said with a cold tone which made the boy pouted.

“But I also want to stay here...” Sehun pouted too.

“No. Sehun, take your bag and panda, we're leaving. That's all.”

 

Yifan tried to be a bit authoritative even though it was really hard since he wasn't used to scold his son.

 

“But Nini-”

“Tao and auntie Fei are coming soon and we need to clean the house and to get your bedroom ready.”

“But I don't want to see Tao! I want to stay with Jongin here! And grand-pa and grand-ma too! Why aren't they coming with us?!” Sehun shouted.

“Sehun,” his grand-mother squatted in front of the little boy and swept away his tears with her thumbs, “we're coming soon, you know that. Once your mom is back, we're going to Seoul to see you.”

“But mom isn't coming back now...”

“In a few months, yes, but it's going to be really fast.”

“I'm not sure it will,” the boy sobbed.

“Be a good boy and listen to your dad, alright?” his grand-pa told him, “otherwise we won't be coming.”

 

Sehun nodded and rubbed his teary eyes. His grand-parents showered him with kisses and hugged and so did Jinah even though it was complicated with her round stomach. Minseok high-fived his only nephew and promised him they would quickly see each other soon. Yifan quickly greeted his wife's family and thanked them for the amazing week he had and then they left, Jongdae coming with them since they were going to the same place.

 

In the car, when they left the house's garden, Sehun waved at his cousin who was also waving back.

 

“See you soon, Nini!” Sehun shouted even though Jongin couldn't hear him.

 

Jongdae laughed and Yifan smiled. His son was definitely growing up.