III. Wait.

Always in my mind

“Sehun baby please don't scream and stay calm okay?!” Yifan sighed, ready to tear his hair out.

“But I don't want to go to school!”

“But you don't have the choice! Just go to your bedroom and get dressed! I won't be waiting for you all day long! I have to go to work too!”

“No! I won't!” the little boy screamed and ran upstairs, probably to hide himself under his bad as he was usually doing when he was mad.

“Wu Sehun!”

 

His mobile phone started to rung and Yifan had no other choice than to answer. At the same time, he went upstairs to look for his son who had decided to making him living a nightmare even if he had been up for only thirty minutes.

 

“Hey! Yifan! What's up?” Lu Han, his childhood friend and best friend said in Chinese, their mother tongue.

“I'm going to kill my son,” he answered, “but otherwise everything's fine.”

“What's going on?”

“Sehun doesn't want to get ready and to go to school!” He entered his son's room and stopped at the door, seeing the little shadow under the bed, “Sehun, get out of here! Or I'll send you to school in your pajamas and all of your friends are going to make fun of you!”

“No! I don't want to!”

“Do you want me to come over and to convince him?” Luhan laughed.

“I need to do this by myself, I know I can do it.”

“How long has it been since Jaemin left?” his friend laughed again, making fun of the struggling dad.

“Two freaking days. Sehun! It's your last chance!”

“Wait for me,” Luhan said, “I'll be there in less than ten minutes.”

 

Yifan hung up, completely defeated, and lay on the floor, looking directly as Sehun who was using his panda plushy as protection over his face.

 

“Get out of here.”

“Never! And I will never go to school too!”

“Don't make me crawl under there, Sehun baby...” he threatened him with his deep voice, but his son didn't move or look away. He looked straight into his father's eyes, daring him to come and get him.

 

Yifan tried to grab him, but Sehun was faster. He got out of his spot and ran away, locking himself in the bathroom.

 

“Wu Sehun!!” Yifan shouted, really pissed and banging on the door, “Open that door!!”

“No!” the little guy answered.

 

And so began a long fight between a stubborn four-year-old boy and his mad father.

 

“Wu Shixun! Guess who's there!” Someone shouted from the living room.

 

Suddenly, the door opened and Sehun passed by his father, not even sparing him a gaze and he ran to where his favorite uncle was waiting for him.

 

“Sehun baby!” Luhan welcomed him in a huge hug.

“Lulu, daddy is being mean to me,” the little boy whined.

“Oh! Really? What is he doing? Tell me, I'm going to scold him.”

“He says I'm going to go to school with my pj's on! He is really mean! Mom is nicer!”

“Yifan! You're not being nice to your child!” Luhan said when the young father entered the room, “you shouldn't be mean to baby Sehun!”

“Mean my ,” he mumbled under his breath, “I had to run after him, to crawl under his bed to catch him and I've spent the ten last minutes begging at him to open the bathroom's door because he locked himself in it!”

“See?” Sehun started to cry, “Daddy is meanie! I want my mom!”

“Don't worry baby, I'm going to take care of you.”

 

Luhan kissed Sehun's forehead and went upstairs to get the boy ready.

 

“214 days left before Jaemin is back... only 214 days,” Yifan sighed.