XXX. Always in my mind.

Always in my mind

“So, how is Jaemin doing?”

 

Fei was doing to dishes while Yifan was cleaning the living room which was a total mess since Sehun had emptied all the toys he had on the carpet so that he could play with Tao where his auntie would be able to check on them. The boys were both asleep since they had had a long day so the brother and sister could have some time to talk a bit.

 

“I don't know,” Yifan simply shrugged, “I guess everything is alright for her.”

“She's a tough girl, nothing really worries her.”

“Indeed.”

“Do you even know where she is?”

“Nope.”

 

Fei stopped and looked up at her brother. She sighed when she saw how sad he actually looked even though he was pretending to be alright. She knew him by heart and could read him like a book.

 

“It's been four months already,” he sighed and put his hands on his hips.

“You miss her, don't you?”

 

He nodded, stretched his arms over his head and kept on tidying up the room.

 

“And you,” he asked this time, “do you have someone?”

“No,” she wrinkled her nose, “I'm too busy to actually look for someone. You know... with my work and Tao really needs a lot of attention.”

“Maybe he needs a father since his let him down.”

“He didn't let us down, Yifan,” Fei sighed, “I kicked him out of our lives since he was really useless.”

 

They remained silent for a while.

 

“It's funny, right?” Fei sadly laughed, “it's like we are both singles since we are struggling alone and so hard with our children and jobs...”

“You're single, I'm married.”

“Yet you're always alone.”

 

Yifan frowned and opened his mouth to answer, but no words came out. So he looked down and shut up.

 

“Jaemin loves me,” he said once he was finally done, “and I love her. By marrying her, I also accepted her job and accepted to be alone for months to take care of our children. I'm not alone, actually, I'm never alone. She is always in my mind.”