XXXVI. Godfather.

Always in my mind

“Yifan, Sehun,” Chanyeol proudly smiled, “let me introduce you to my daughter Minsoo.”

 

Baekhyun was sitting on their sofa holding the three-week-old little baby, their daughter Park Minsoo, while Kyungsoo was next to his father, looking over his sister. Sehun, being as curious as ever, asked his dad to take him into his arms so that he could see her better from above.

 

“She's really beautiful,” Yifan smiled, “congrats guys.”

“She is perfect,” Chanyeol answered with little stars into his eyes.

“She is really an angel,” Baekhyun added, “she doesn't cry other when she is hungry, she sleeps like... all night long and she spends her time smiling.”

 

Yifan chuckled because it reminded him of the first time the couple had introduced him and Jaemin to Kyungsoo. The Park couple waited for two years before the adoption procedure finally ended up to something and one year more before Kyungsoo entered their life. And when the Wu-Kim couple met him for the first time, the boy was barely three weeks old, just like his younger sister now. Except that Chanyeol and Baekhyun didn't adopt Minsoo but she was born from a surrogate mother.

 

“She's small,” Sehun said.

“You were too when you were born,” Baekhyun smiled at the boy.

“But she's beautiful, right, Sehun?” Chanyeol ruffled the boy's hair.

 

He shrugged and made his uncles laughed.

 

“Yifan hyung,” Baekhyun looked up at the older man, “do you mind taking a picture of us to send it to Jae?”

“No! I don't mind at all! She'll be so happy when she'll see it and believe me, she'll be crazy about your little princess!” he laughed.

 

The happy family all sat on the sofa, Chanyeol just next to Baekhyun with Kyungsoo on his lapse. Yifan waited for them to be all set and he took several pictures before quickly sending all of them to his wife.

 

“Hey, Yifan, we also have something to ask you,” Chanyeol told him this time, “you know... Jaemin is Kyungsoo's godmother so we wanted to know if you would accept to be Minsoo's godfather?”

“Me? For real?” he asked, really taken aback, “but... I'm only Jaemin's husband and you have other friends or family members, you should-”

“No we really want you to be her godfather,” Baekhyun cut him, “we've chosen you.”

“Then I'll be more than proud to be,” he finally said, a big grin over his face, “thank you very much, guys, I'm really honored you've chosen me.”

 

Chanyeol patted his shoulder in a very friendly way and Baekhyun stood up.

 

“Do you want to hold her?”

“Can I?”

“Obviously you can,” the petite man chuckled.

 

Yifan was used to children since he was himself a father, an uncle, and also a doctor, but he was a godfather for the very first time and he felt suddenly very shy when he held Minsoo against his torso.

 

“Hey beautiful Minsoo,” he whispered and smiled, “nice to meet you. I'm your uncle Yifan and now I'm also your godfather, so let's get along well, alright?”

 

As if she had understood him, she laughed.

 

“She is pretty when she smiles,” Sehun admitted.