Chapter Fourteen

Should Time Stop

Chapter Fourteen

 
 
 

Winter 2015

 

“Min Yoongi,” Yoongi bowed in return to the man who had just introduced himself.

“I look forward to working for you, please take care of me,” Kyungsoo smiled and bowed once again, subconsciously pushing his glasses further up his nose- which lead Yoongi’s mind to another short brunette who had a habit of pushing at his glasses. He quickly shoved the face out of his brain before he could be distracted. Kyungsoo seemed about Yoongi’s own age and pleasant enough (if first impressions were anything to go by), with a strong, masculine face, though short build. He seemed puny yet tough all at once, and Yoongi immediately took a liking to him, an abnormal occurrence for himself.

“The feeling is mutual,” Yoongi flashed his rare smile, gums showing, and Kyungsoo returned the gesture, a wide smile splaying across his face, cheeks scrunching. Ah, he’s so cute. He looks so… squishy, Yoongi thought to himself before that other damned face suddenly interrupted his thoughts again. Kyungsoo had vaguely reminded him of the way Jimin had looked when he saw him for the first time, cheeks nearly hiding his cresent eyes as he smiled expectantly at Yoongi from his seat by the window…

“...your desk. Min Yoongi, are you listening?” Yoongi was pulled from his revery, slightly disturbed to realize that he had indeed been distracted by a pair of sad eyes that he shouldn’t even be thinking about.

“Oh, sorry hyung- er, PD-nim. What was that?”

“I said Do Kyungsoo will show you to your office and to the studio and whatnot. Set up your desk however you’d like, and if you need anything, Kyungsoo is well equipped to answer any questions and reject any ridiculous requests. Please take care of him, though. I know you, don’t go abusing him. He’s one of our best.”

“No promises,” Yoongi deadpanned and turned to give Kyungsoo his most menacing face, just to gauge the assistant’s reaction. He was greeted with lowered eyelids and dark eyes staring coldly from beneath heavy eyebrows. Yoongi would never admit that he felt a genuine twinge of intimidation in that moment.

“My god, I may have to start calling you Satansoo. Or just Serial Killer-nim. Hyung- damnit, PD-nim- he’ll do.”

Sihyuk chuckled knowingly, “Good. And I already warned him about what a grouchy old grandpa you are, so hopefully he doesn’t run off tooquickly.”

Kyungsoo made a small noise of protest at the comment (bless his squishy little serial killer heart- Bang Sihyuk was only trying to make that soundlike a joke), and Yoongi simply glared at Sihyuk, before turning to head out the door. He noticed, with amusement, that the assistant seemed genuinely worried for a moment, glancing between the two nervously, clearly unsure how serious Yoongi’s apparent flash of anger was. This kid had a lot to learn. To relieve him a little, because Yoongi was feeling nice ( weird ), he carefully schooled his features into a blank expression of apathy, before turning around.

“I’m gonna go get done. Look forward to some mind blowing music. Kyungsoo, show me where I’m going.”

Kyungsoo, already looking less anxious than he had before, nodded silently before bowing to Sihyuk once more and exiting, followed by a far too comfortable Yoongi, who simply waved without looking back and shutting the door behind himself.

Damn Sihyuk-hyung is probably way too pleased with himself right now. I have to admit though, this guy is perfect, Yoongi glanced at Kyungsoo, who was silently striding toward the elevator, just slightly ahead of Yoongi. No unnecessary chatter, major case of resting serial killer face... As long as he can keep up, he’ll do.

***

“Please, call me Kim Namjoon or simply Writer-nim while I’m here,” Jimin couldn’t help but notice the writer’s eyes flick back nervously to the CEO.

“Yes, sir,” Jimin bowed once again, composing himself and ignoring what he thought he saw. It didn’t really matter, because he was excited. He didn’t know if that was more because he would be working with the genius rapper (he didn't care what Jungkook said, Rapmon was still totallyawesome), or because of the recent discovery that he was Yoongi’s best friend. Either way, he couldn’t believe his luck.

“You may both go. Park Jimin, show him where he’ll be working. Kim Namjoon, if you need anything, your assistant will help. Have a nice day, and welcome to SM Entertainment.”

Both men bowed and exited, Jimin trying to hide his sigh of relief when the door closed behind them. He had to muffle a giggle when he caught the writer doing the same thing. Jimin smiled politely at him and gestured down the hallway.

“Your office is this way,” he paused, then mustered up his courage and added, “also, if it isn’t too forward of me, what would you actually like to be called? I’m your assistant, so we’ll be seeing a lot of each other, and I don’t want to burden you with feeling all uptight about names. What would you prefer?” Jimin new it was a gamble to even ask, as some people would be offended at him for making assumptions, but somehow the rapper seemed like he needed the friendly offer.

“Oh… well, I usually just go by Rapmon. It’s kinda short for Rap Monster. And please, avoid calling me Writer-nim as much as possible. That sounds so stuffy.” Jimin was pleased to see relief settle across Rapmon’s features.

“Alright, Rapmon-sunbae between us, then.”

Continuing on their way, Jimin guided him first to his office, and then on a general tour of the relevant parts of the building, including the recording studio, and the idol’s practice room. He figured the guy should probably know where that stuff was, even if he would never actually use some it.Throughout the tour, Jimin was greeted by people from various departments and he made sure to proudly introduce the newcomer to everyone they met. Rapmon was kinda awkward, especially at first, but Jimin knew from experience that the faster he introduced himself to people, and made friends, the more pleasant his life would be at the company. It also made his own life a little easier if people liked his boss.

“Sunbae!” Jimin grinned and bowed slightly when he saw Jongdae heading towards them, arms full of folders and papers.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” Jongdae greeted them, noticing Rapmon and bowing deeply. “My name is Kim Jongdae.”

Rapmon bowed in return, “I'm Kim Namjoon.”

“He’s the new writer, so I’m showing him around the building. Jongdae-sunbae is the vocal trainer’s assistant,” Jimin explained.

“I see. Well, I hope you like what you’ve seen so far. It’s an honor to have you here. Oh, also, a bunch of us are going out on Friday. You should come along, it will be a good way to get to know everyone,” Jongdae invited Rapmon, smiling politely.

Seizing the opportunity, Jimin quickly added, “And you can bring a friend along, if that would be more comfortable for you.” Jongdae furrowed his eyebrows before Jimin slapped him on the back, giving him a hard look and adding, “We all know what it’s like to suddenly be out with a bunch of people you don’t know very well yet.”

As Rapmon obliviously nodded, relieved, Jimin flashed Jongdae a pleading look, hoping his friend would catch his I’ll explain later, just go along with it for now vibe The elder raised his eyebrows but played along anyway.

“Indeed, we do. Well, it’s been a pleasure to meet you, but I must be off. Emails and scheduling call. Annyeonghaseyo!” Jongdae gave Jimin one last look before bowing to Rapmon and treading away.

Jimin, pleased with himself, guided Rapmon back to his office, grinning the whole way.

“Well, here we are. If you need me, my cubicle is down the hall, and you can always ping me from your computer. Have you been taught how the computer system here works?” Jimin inquired as Rapmon sat down at his desk, looking around.

“Nope.”

“Alright, I’ll explain,” Jimin came around the desk. “First you…”

In the midst of explaining, Jimin noticed Rapmon turn slightly pale while looking at him, a look of slight alarm flitting across his face before hiding behind a carefully blank mask.

“You okay there, Sunbae?” He could only hope that Rapmon’s stomach was upset or something, and that that face hadn’t been a result of him realizing that he had no idea what Jimin was explaining. It would be a pain to go over it all again.

“Yes, sorry. I just… uh, first day butterflies, you know?”

Jimin wasn’t quite convinced, but nodded regardless, “Mmm, yeah, I feel you. But don’t worry, you got me!”

***

After getting Rapmon situated, Jimin wandered off to locate Jongdae, knowing the elder would be annoyed if he didn’t explain himself for earlier. As expected, he was at his desk, surrounded by countless papers and schedules, too many tabs open on his computer screen.

“Sunbae,” Jimin chirped, leaning against the cubicle wall. Jongdae looked up, the focused look on his face turning to one of indignation when he registered who it was.

“Park Jimin, what the hell was that?”

Jimin held up his hands defensively, “I can explain. I know, bonding time with coworkers is for coworkers , but first of all, Namjoon-sunbae was shy as hell all day long and I thought it would be better for him to have someone as back up. Second of all, I’m determined and devious and know who he’s going to invite,” Jimin explained smugly. The plan had been hatched on the fly, but he was confident that he was correct, and after his talk with Xiumin, he had a newfound resolve to try again with Yoongi.

“Oh, and who would that be?” Jongdae asked, unimpressed and still unsatisfied.

Well, let me tell you.

“It’s a long story, but… my soulmate,” Jimin squealed, bouncing slightly and barely able to contain his growing excitement. Jongdae’s jaw dropped, then quickly snapped shut, eyes narrowing.

“What?”

“My soulmate! Long story short, we sorta didn’t hit it off very well, and then I found out that he’s besties with Kim Namjoon. Who wouldn’t bring their best friend as their backup?” Jimin splayed his hands outward, proud. He was confused when Jongdae’s face remained unimpressed and then was touched by a hint of pity as well.

“Jimin… someone who already found their soulmate. Did you bother to find out if Kim Namjoon already has one?” The blood drained from Jimin’s face as he realized his blunder. He knew for a fact that Rapmon had a soulmate, and he knew exactly whose older brother that soulmate was.

“Craaaap, I’m an idiot,” Jimin lamented, throwing his arms in the air.

“Park Jimin, when will you ever learn to think things through?” Jongdae shook his head, exasperated.

 

 

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes:

 

A/N:

Hello, sorry for the long wait for a new chapter, and then the whole weird business with chapters changing and stuff... No one was commenting at all about that, so I just figured, to hell with it, and adjusted everything. Hope no one minds. Also, if you are an older reader and didn't know that the first chapter changed, I would recommend going back and checking out chapters one and two (it split. Yoongi got his own chapter). Yoongi's bit got a lot longer and you get way more insight into what's going on with him. Yay! If you just started recently, you got the shiny new version anyway. Mansae!

Anyway, I can never say this enough, but thank you all for reading! I'm kinda awkward and don't know what I'm doing half the time and I had no idea that some characters would keep showing up like they have (G-Dragon, I'm lookin at you. I thought he was just gonna show up that first night... whoops), and I thought some characters would show up more than they have (So sorry VHope <3 I will pull them in more in future chapters), and I've never written anything before, so my writing could use some improvement, but I promise I'm trying really hard for you all! <3 I put a lot of time and thought into each chapter, but I'm already looking back and seeing so many flaws with stuff, but I'm so grateful that you're reading this anyway. So yeah, anyway, this is getting kinda long winded. Sorry >-<

Again, thanks, and I love you all so much <3 <3 <3 Especially all my subscribers, and you special few who have commented <3 <3 <3 

Lot's of Love,

May Greene

(P.S. I forgot to mention this, but I'm not trying to make any comments on S.M. in this story. They're just easy to use for the purpose I need. Sorry to anyone who loves them)

 

For a note about formality, see Chapter Six.

 

For a note about names in the workplace, see Chapter Thirteen.

 

Vocabulary

Annyeonghaseyo (안녕하세요): Hello [formal]

Annyeong (안녕): Hello [informal]

Appa (아빠): Dad

Bibimbap (비빔밥): Literally means "mixed rice". Bibimbap is served as a bowl of warm white rice topped with namul (seasoned vegetables) and gochujang (a red chili paste), soy sauce, or doenjang, a fermented soybean paste

Dongsaeng (동생): Younger sibling

Eomma (엄마): Mom/Mother

Hana, Dul, Set (하나,둘,셋): One, Two, Three (Sorta. Way out of my depth on this one, I highly recommend looking into the Korean number system for details)

Hyung (형): Older brother/friend, used by males

Jjajangmyeon (짜장면): a noodle dish topped with a thick sauce made of chunjang (a salty black soybean paste when unheated), diced pork and vegetables, and sometimes also seafood.

-ssi (씨):  the most commonly used honorific used amongst people of approximately equal speech level

Sunbae (선배): Used to address senior colleagues or mentor figures, e.g. students referring to or addressing more senior students in schools, junior athletes more senior ones in a sports club, or a mentor or more experienced or senior colleague in a business environment.

 

 

CLICK CREDIT BELOW FOR LAYOUT OWNER PROFILE