Chapter Eight

Should Time Stop

Chapter Eight 

 
 
 

 

Winter 2015

 

 

Yoongi slumped into Rapmon’s soft grey sofa, still unaccustomed to not having to shove a mess aside any time he wanted to find a seat. Ever since Jin came into the picture, the apartment stayed relatively clean, there was usually food in the fridge, and Rapmon had never seemed happier- or grossly cuter.

“Whipped-mon, I’m hungry, what’s there to eat?” Yoongi called, not caring where Rapmon actually was, knowing he would hear him regardless. The place was relatively small, despite Rapmon’s wealth.

“Go eat your own food, Rude-hyung. And I’m not whipped,” Rapmon grumbled, shuffling into the living room and yawning, his hair a disheveled mess.

“Oh, really? Because I seem to recall your pretty boyfriend being the one who liked pink so much.” Rapmon blushed at the snarky comment. His hair was indeed pink at the moment, and he certainly had more of it hanging in his closet than he ever had in the past. Yoongi rolled his eyes at his embarrassment, not caring enough to put effort into teasing him any further.

“So, food?”

“Jin left some extra bibimbap yesterday. He seemed to know you would stop by. He said you visited him at the cafe and something happened.” Rapmon lifted an eyebrow, a questioning look on his face. Yoongi simply rolled off the couch and slouched into the kitchen, ignoring it. “Are you really not gonna tell me?” Rapmon whined, though obviously not surprised. Yoongi wasn’t very open, even with him.

“There’s nothing to tell. I got coffee, some guy came up and bugged me, and then I got back to writing a new song,” Yoongi opened the refrigerator door, pulling out the promised bibimbap. He took a bite of it cold, scrunched his nose, frowned, and tossed it in the microwave.

“Oh, you finally managed to write? Wait, that’s not important. What did the guy want? Jin said he looked like he was about to cry as he left,” Rapmon put his hands on his hips and pursed his lips accusingly. Yoongi paused, considering this news. He actually had not known that.

Jimin didn’t seem that upset about it. But, then again, I couldn’t actually see his face when he left… but why would he be so messed up about it? Unless… it was true. Yoongi shook his head at the thought. He couldn’t be... from that time? No… could he?

“I don’t know… he said time froze,” Yoongi finally admitted, scratching the back of his head. Rapmon’s eyes widened, and a smirk that Yoongi didn't like one bit slowly spread across his face.

“Oh my goodness, you met your long lost soulmate. No. ing. Way,” Rapmon chuckled gleefully at the uncomfortable look on Yoongi’s face. The elder could see the moment he finally put two and two together, however, and Rapmon gasped, “Oh my god, wait, you rejected him, didn’t you? The poor, unfortunate bastard got you as a soulmate, and as if that weren’t bad enough, you already went and broke his heart. Goddamn, Yoongi. Just because soulmates broke yours doesn’t mean you gotta run from this forever,” Rapmon scolded. Yoongi flinched at the last comment.

“I can do whatever the hell I want, it’s my ing life. He didn’t even seem like my type. Why can’t I decide who I want to be with?” Yoongi retorted. “Besides, there’s no guaranteed it’s even true. He could’ve looked at someone else and just thought it was me.”

“No. Trust me. You know exactly who it is. There’s no mistaking that moment. You should know this,” Rapmon shook his head, clearly frustrated by his friend’s stubbornness.

“Well, whatever. Yours didn’t go so smoothly at first either, now did it?” Yoongi jabbed. “Just leave it alone. I’ll decide on my own. I refuse to be forced into this stupid system,” Yoongi yanked the microwave door open, snatched his food from inside, then stomped back to the couch, switching on the tv. Rapmon followed, exasperated. Yoongi remained silent, however, and he could feel Rapmon standing by the couch, watching as he flipped through the channels.

“Anything good on?” Rapmon finally caved after a few moments, giving up and plopping down next to Yoongi.

“Just the usual trash,” the elder muttered, eyes not leaving the screen.

“Mmmh.” The two quickly returned to their usual selves, arguments never lasting long between them. No matter how much either jabbed at the other, or they disapproved of each other’s actions, they never allowed it to affect their relationship; it simply was not worth it, as they had learned long ago. Though Yoongi was thick skinned, and he would never admit it, he had a soft spot for those he allowed in, and he could never stay angry anyway. Rapmon also knew better, at this point, than to take anything Yoongi said personally. He was just like that- unapologetically abrasive.

After a few minutes, Yoongi dozed off, tired from staying up all night to work on his song from the cafe.

 

 

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes:

For a note about formality, see Chapter Six.

 

Vocabulary

Bibimbap (비빔밥): Literally means "mixed rice". Bibimbap is served as a bowl of warm white rice topped with namul (seasoned vegetables) and gochujang (a red chili paste), soy sauce, or doenjang, a fermented soybean paste

Dongsaeng (동생): Younger sibling

Eomma (엄마): Mom/Mother

Hyung (형): Older brother/friend, used by males

Jjajangmyeon (짜장면): a noodle dish topped with a thick sauce made of chunjang (a salty black soybean paste when unheated), diced pork and vegetables, and sometimes also seafood.

-ssi (씨):  the most commonly used honorific used amongst people of approximately equal speech level

 

CLICK CREDIT BELOW FOR LAYOUT OWNER PROFILE