A mysterious friend or an enemy?

The monster's bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a new morning, everything was normal like always but bomi felt something did change in this house. Was it just her imagination? She questioned as the change wasn’t noticeable but could feel it. As usual she left to school. Upon entering the class she noticed her friend. She greeted her and took a seat. Bomi could see lizzy was glowing today unlike everyday. She was curious “Did something happen?” she asked. Lizzy was taken aback “H..How did you find out?” she asked her back shyly. Bomi was astonished watching her acting all embarrassed “What happened?” she asked curiously. Lizzy played with her fingers “Bomi??....umm…You won’t laugh at me right?” she asked her. Bomi chuckled at her acting all different “Of course, whats with you acting all shy?” she asked unable to wait any longer. Lizzy took a deep breath “I….Bomi….i met someone today” she said and quickly covered her crimson cheeks. Bomi was in awe “Really?? Who??”  she asked curiously, to know everything about the person.

Lizzy started telling her story dreamily “I met him today at the park on my way to the  school. He was standing under the cherry blossoms. He was so perfect and manly. Our eyes met and he approached me. I was so embarrassed thinking i was caught staring but he picked my bag which was lying on the ground. I didn’t even notice it. He gave it to me and our finger tips touched. You know it felt like electricity passing through my body. It was ……awww…..perfect…I think i fell in love at first sight….too bad I couldn’t ask his name” she explained depressed. Bomi encouraged her “To be honest i don’t really understand what you just said but i will cheer you on. You will meet him again don’t worry”. Lizzy understands her every word “Bomi…you will also fall in love one day. Probably then you will understand all these feelings too..When you do you can come to me asking for a solution. Infact if you are in any trouble you can share it with me”. Bomi wondered “Love?...i wonder” she said sounding gloomy, thinking will she really find a person watching how things are going on now a days. Lizzy said with a lopsided grin “Well, you have options too. It wouldn’t be any problem” she teased while bomi just shook her head realizing she is talking about her family “That won’t happen”. Lizzy argued “I think they are interested in you”. Bomi rolled her eyes “I…”. Lizzy interrupted “Then tell me out of those nine whom do you like the most”. Bomi replied without any delay “I love them all….equally” she stressed the word. Lizzy shook her head “Nah…I am not talking about family love….i am talking about romantic love between a man and a woman. You are an adult now. You can’t act like their little sister anymore because you are not. They are men after all. Did you at least once look at them as a man?”. Bomi was confused “Man….but they are men aren’t they?” she asked innocently. Lizzy sighed “God…it is so difficult to explain….you definitely need a boyfriend” she mumbled. The class started.Bomi mumbled “The words lizzy is talking about i don’t understand them. Love? Will i really able to fall in love? But i don’t know what it is”. She sighed shaking her head.

It was time for recess, bomi sat on the roof alone. She felt cherry blossoms falling on her head from the top. She stood and looked around but there was nobody. A smile formed on her lips when she sniffed those flowers. She reached the class after recess and found lizzy rushing towards her “look bomi….i can’t believe it” she said. Bomi wondered and also was curious why she was excited. Lizzy continued “This” she said showing a pamphlet . Bomi took it in her hands and gone through it “Who is this? Fortuneteller? I can’t even see the face” she raised an eyebrow. Lizzy squealed “I hope the person tells everything about our future precisely…aww…I want to go” she said. Bomi could see her eyes shining “Well, i am not sure. I have never been to a fortuneteller before. How can a person tell about somebody’s future when it is unpredictable” she reasoned. Although lizzy understood what she said but she was anxious “Please, let’s go. Just this once” she pleaded. Though bomi wanted to go but recollected she isn’t allowed to go out. The girls jumped in surprise when a guy appeared from behind. They almost got a heart attack “You surprised me” she said clenching her heart. He apologized and then was back to the matter “What are you discussing about?” he asked raising his eyebrow. “Nothing” said bomi denying.  He shrugged his shoulders and left. After he left lizzy glanced at bomi “Why are you standing here alone?” she asked. Bomi was puzzled “Huh? But” she said scratching her head.

It was lunch break; lizzy suggested they should go the cafeteria and buy some bread. Bomi left with her but somehow she reached the school gate alone. She stood near the gate watching something at the bushes in daze. It was like a magic because her eyes were blank. After a second or two she saw some faint silhouette approaching her. Somebody in the dark attire, eerie aura, face covered with long and black hair stood in front of her. “I was waiting for you. It’s been years finally i can reach you” said the voice sternly. Bomi was stiff as if she was enchanted. She didn’t move nor spoke but blankly stared at the person before her. The person with the dark aura continued “The time has the come where the bonds will break. The true faces will be revealed. Among this ………”. She was interrupted when bomi snapped and came to her senses. She saw baekhyun standing behind her “Hey, are you listening?....What are you doing here? Why aren’t you answering me?” he yelled. She was puzzled and took long breaths as he was in front of her. Noticing the place she was in confusion over took her mind. Even she didn’t realize when she got here. She glanced behind the gate there was nobody there.Taking the support of the gate “I don’t know” she replied trembling in fear. She thought holding her head “Who was that? What was that person saying? Was i dreaming again?” she thought sliding down, cold sweat forming on her forehead. Baekhyun was about to reach her but at the right time chanyeol approached her “Bomi?” he said squatting down “What did you do?” he asked glaring at baekhyun.

“I …..am sorry” said baekhyun calmly. Bomi shook her head implying he didn’t do anything but she couldn’t utter a word. Chanyeol lifted her up and took her to the infirmary. After resting for a while, bomi woke up in the bed. She was extremely tired. It was as if her energy drained after that incident. Was it hallucination? She was unsure but it was troubling. Taking a deep breath she turned to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter