Last chance

The monster's bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bomi was given the last chance to decide among the nine men. The date was set and the first person to have a date with her was xiumin. Both were sent to a lonely place. Others brothers were quite jealous of him. She was rather calm which earned suspicion from xiumin. He always treasured her and living with her all these years he learnt about her. They reached the destination and xiumin handed her a gift “This is for you” he said. She took it in her hands and smiled. Both strolled around the area “This is my favourite place here” he expressed. She stood besides him watching the stream “I like it too” she expressed. Both smiled at each other. “Why didn’t you deny oppa?” she asked looking straight into his eyes. Xiumin’s smile faded. He turned serious on hearing her words “I couldn’t deny father’s command” he expressed. “But she suffered among all this. How many years has it been that you left her yet she was waiting for you hoping you will come for her but instead i….” she reasoned. Xiumin was silent among all this. Bomi took his hands in hers “You are the most confident man i have ever seen. Behind your gentle self you are a leader. I remember suho oppa acts as a leader but there was always you who would guide him in a right way from aside. So please with that same confidence take a right decision” she said smiling widely. Xiumin teared up; controlling himself he placed his hand on her cheek and caressed it with his thumb. He kissed her forehead “Thank you so much princess for taking away this burden off of my shoulders. I always treated you like a sister and it felt so wrong doing this” he expressed. Bomi giggled “I know” and shouted “Come out”. Irene came forward nervously and his jaw dropped. He marched forward hurriedly and took her into his arms. Irene burst out crying while bomi watched them lovingly. “That’s it i am out of here. Oppa, please continue” she teased and gave them privacy. Xiumin shouted “You will always be my sweet little princess”. Bomi giggled on hearing that. Xiumin and irene spent some lovely time together while bomi strolled around the area.

After the date, the authoritative heads gathered together and xiumin revealed he can never accept bomi as he treats her as his sister and is in love with irene. “Do you realize you are giving up your position as a clan head?” yesung asked. Xiumin nodded “I do but i do not have any regret” he stated with confidence. Bomi smiled watching him while jihoon was impressed too “Fine, if that is what you want. I do not pressurize you” he declared. Bomi took the blame so that xiumin was not looked down by the others. Xiumin’s followers were quite depressed on hearing the news but finally accepted the decision. On the way outside bomi asked xiumin who was alone “Oppa that day in the library….what were you doing?” she asked. Xiumin thought for sometime “Oh…I just arrived to the library that day to read some books” he explained. Bomi felt relieved “Did you happen to see something strange? Strange behaviour of somebody?” she asked. Xiumin recollected that day “I don’t know but i saw chen rushing urgently. That was a bit odd” he informed. Bomi sighed “Even i saw that though” she thought to herself.

Suho was depressed and envied xiumin confidently accepting irene. If only everything was right today he would also choose chorong but he couldn’t forgive her for the past betrayal. Next was suho’s turn to have a one to one date with bomi. Chorong was depressed by the fact. She approached suho in the night at his quarters. She knocked the door and he opened it but his eyes landed on the person he least expected. Before he could shut the door on her face she pleaded “Please, listen to me suho”. Not to be disrespectful he called her in. The door was shut and chorong went closer to him “You can’t do this to me suho” she said holding on to his arm. He brushed her hands off and acted cold “It is best if you return before getting discovered” he warned. Tears flooded in her eyes “Please suho….i didn’t betray you. Believe me” she pleaded. “You did not!?” he enraged. She shivered and suho recollected the day.

It was dark night, a no moon day. For the wolves it was like an odd and curseful day. But that day was an unexpectionally unlucky day for them as that day was the day when bomi’s life was in grave danger. Suho, xiumin and lay, chorong were in a teenager human form while the others were in the human form similar to kids who were around the same age as bomi. Suho was searching for chorong met xiumin and lay on the way “Have you seen chorong?” he enquired. “No,…oh…i just heard somebody saying chorong left to the forest” informed xiumin who was given the responsibility of bomi and his brothers. “Whom did i hear it from?” he said scratching his chin. Suho patted his back “Thanks, i will check” he said. Lay stopped him “By the way, have seen princess. I can’t find her at all. We have been searching her for a while” he asked about bomi who was a little girl at that time too. “No, i don’t know probably with the kids” he said referring to his brothers. It was a while suho kept searching for chorong. He met up with the others who were searching for bomi and headed to the forest. There they noticed changsub, the leader of the fox clan also brother of chorong. Suspciously they moved closer only to notice changsub holding bomi in his arms who was in an unconscious state while chorong was with him talking about something.

Witnessing the scene, they couldn’t believe their eyes and comprehended that chorong who was suho’s girlfriend was meeting with her brother to capture bomi. Before she could explain they announced her guilty. Suho was still sure it might be a misunderstanding but chorong did not answer anything. Her silence proved she was indeed guilty. Luckily she was banished from the clan with out being killed while changsub escaped successfully. Bomi woke up but she failed to recognize anybody due to shock. She forgot everything about her life in the clan and their existence and truth of them being wolves. They had to move out, enter into the town, live with humans and also protected her life. It was a miracle in itself that she was alive and they were happy for that. In this same event xiumin was lectured for his carelessness and lost his confidence. Everything destroyed because of chorong.

Suho snapped out of his thoughts “Get out!!” he shouted giving a look of disgust. “I didn’t do anything. It was not as it looked suho” she pleaded. “I will never hurt bomi. It is true that my intention was originally that before coming to your clan but it changed because i fell in love with you sincerely and it is the truth which can’t be denied” she reasoned. Suho threw her out of his room and slammed the door. Chorong landed on bomi and burst out crying “Bomi, do not choose him please. I know he is eligible to be a clan head but i can’t see him becoming somebody else’s” she expressed. Bomi smiled on hearing that “And why do you think i will let that happen chorong unni?” she asked. She assured suho will accept her again. Chorong hugged her and sobbed quietly.

 It was the day of the date with suho.Bomi was not nervous at all as she was confident suho only likes chorong and probably still is ready to accept her despite the past mistake. Both went to the designated place. Bomi spoke first “Oppa if i ever did a mistake will you forgive me?” she asked. Suho was puzzled “Yes, no matter what mistake it is i will forgive you” he said confidently. “Why so?” she asked innocently. Suho sighed “You are really dear to me bomi. I would never leave your side” he expressed. “Can you imagine me as your wife?” she raised a question. Suho was perplexed, later was depressed “No, i have always treated you as my sister. I can never see you in that way. Never” he expressed. She smiled widely on hearing his sincere words “Thank you so much oppa for not hiding the truth” she said taking his hands in hers. “I have a favour to ask you” she continued. He gestured her to proceed. “Forgive her” she requested “If not for her for yourself” she expressed. Suho pulled her into his embrace “O..okay” he accepted contolling himself.  “Your present is here” she moved aside revealing chorong. Suho grinned watching bomi and spread his arms. Chorong bit her lips, tears rolled down her cheeks. She ran into his arms and both hugged each other tightly. Bomi smiled watching them. “So this is love. Their eyes are beaming. It was the same with xiumin oppa and irene unni” she thought to herself.

“They will not accept us” chorong feared. Suho suggested “They will eventually till then let’s keep this a secret”. Bomi accepted to help them. Like that few days passed by, bomi was not as sad coming here as she made few friends. Though she missed lizzy sometimes but she was enjoying herself. The words of the shadow definitely encouraged her.  A fine morning, chorong, irene and bomi were having coffee together. She hesitated “How come you act like humans? I mean you have food, drink coffee” she asked curiously. Irene giggled “We are trained. You might have seen we don’t attack you even though your scent is addicting… but the other clan members might not have a control on themselves. As soon as they see you they will have the urge to attack you. So you need to be careful” she explained. Chorong added “The brothers were trained extra hard for it as they always stayed together with you”. Bomi accepted that they never harmed her. She felt sorry for them too. Irene added “Yeah but there was some who didn’t need any training” she laughed but was taking aback on her own words. “Who?” bomi raised her eyebrows. “Oh, i just got some important work. Excuse me” she left urgently. It was clearly an excuse. Bomi was suspicious again. Chorong avoided eye contact too.

One day, bomi was in the garden playing with the children of the clan. “I can change into a wolf too” said a boy around 5 yrs of age. “Really?” she giggled. The boy transformed instantly into a huge wolf but probably a lesser height than her family. She giggled looking at him wagging his tail but as soon as she looked at his red eyes bomi clutched her head and fell on the ground. She groaned in pain as she could recollect some blurred images “No!!” she screamed. Sehun who noticed that immediately came to her rescue. He took her into his arms and her back “It’s okay” he soothed her. The children dispersed after assuring she was fine.

After few minutes she calmed down. “Shall we go for a walk bomi?” sehun suggested that she will feel better. She agreed to the idea and both strolled around the area. They walk past few houses and entered a lonely route. Bomi wondered where they were going but followed him silently. Sehun smirked secretly looking at her “Today will be your end bomi” he thought to himself. He showed her a mysterious looking house “We used to play here while we were young” he said. She wondered and was suspicious of him as he was acting strange. They entered the house which was quite a normal house made of red mud, inside was a pile of dry grass and some weird looking shackles attached to the wall. There was no window in the house except a door for ventilation. “Sehun, let’s go back i am scared” she said shaking his arm. His eyes flickered and changed dark. His expression was grim. For the first time she felt she was seeing a different person. Sehun laughed watching her staggering. Finally his mask was down. He grabbed her arm and gritted his teeth “Finally my revenge will be fulfilled” he revealed. She was perplexed “What are you speaking?” she asked. He ignored her and tied her hands to the shackles. “Let go sehun” she pleaded. “No!!! You need to pay for it bomi” he yelled. She was shocked “For what?? I don’t understand. Sehun stop joking and let me out” she demanded.

He grabbed her hair “You got some nerve to say you don’t understand. Just because of i lost him. I lost my most important brother luhan. Just because of you he was killed. Not one brother but kris and tao hyung were also killed. If only you didn’t exist. If only you didn’t come into our lives they would be alive” he shouted, the tears kept flowing from his eyes. “Everyday living with you it was difficult for me. You are the reason they were killed and i will not forgive you” he shouted grabbing her hair. She groaned in pain. Also was baffled watching him. Was he the same person who was always playful and caring towards her. “I don’t know why it is me too. You….don’t understand what i am going through” she declared crying. Sehun laughed and wiped his tears. “You hate fire don’t you bomi?” he asked. Her pupils dilated “No sehun….no…please” she pleaded anticipating what he was about to do. He laughed “During the same incident i lost them trying to find you, trying to save you they were killed” he said. Even after she pleaded he lit the fire and stepped out. Bomi screamed for help “Sehun, help me. I know you are not like this. I know. Stop this” she pleaded. Sehun enraged and howled changing into a wolf. He ran into the woods and his howl echoed. He was hurt too. Somewhere in his heart he knew what he was doing was wrong. Bomi kicked her legs as the fire spread rapidly. She shouted for help. She looked around hoping she will find a way to escape but unfortunately her fear was taking over her mind. She saw the key for shackles lying nearby and cried. She tried to reach for it but was unsuccessful. She fell back on the wall and the images came to her mind.

A small girl was crying alone in the forest, flames spread around her and there was no chance to escape. She sat there crying for her parents as she was just a toddler. The cherry blossom petals were flying in the wind and were falling on her continuously. Within the fire jumped a wolf and looked at her with those red and steady eyes.

She was back to her senses and screamed “Ahhhh!!! Somebody help me” she pleaded. She pulled the key using her legs and succedded after few attempts. She unlocked those immediately. Suddenly, there was loud sound and a hole was made in the wall. Bomi was sweating profoundly. As soon as she was free she escaped from the huge hole. She stepped out and fell on the ground breathing heavily.

Bomi laid on the ground and breathed fresh air. She calmed down after a few minutes. Her pupils went round when she could breathe in the same scent “The smell. Again he helped me” she muttered and looked around. She followed the scent and noticed chen walking hurriedly. “Chen oppa?” she mumbled. Her eyes shifted to the person who was behind the bushes and it was “Seulgi?” she was confused. She turned her head and noticed baekhyun suspiciously escaping the place. She was confused but not until she saw chanyeol walking in the other end. She was confused “That person with the fragrance was somebody from my family? Why didn’t i realize it before?” she was puzzled. “Wait, that day in the library the person who kissed me also was he the same person with this fragrance? Who is the one who always helps me? Who is the one who kissed me?” she fell in thoughts. She clutched her head “Ah…it hurts” she muttered to herself.

Meanwhile, sehun was back to the place and joined his brothers as if nothing happened. He was sweating hard as he did something unthinkable. “Where is bomi?” asked kyungsoo. Sehun froze. Suho looked around “I agree i haven’t seen her at all” he said. The brothers panicked. “Sehun” called lay while he jumped. “Yes?” he asked. “What happened? Do you know where the princess is?” he asked. Sehun shook his head despondently. Immediately standing up “I got some work” he said and rushed. “I have to save her. I don’t hate her. I don’t….i can’t….because…i…” he thought and hurried. His legs froze watching bomi walking towards him weakly. She didn’t have any strength. Sehun ran to her and took her into his embrace “Thank goodness….Bomi….”. Xiumin who noticed her “What happened?” he asked. The brothers joined her from all the sides. She looked at them each weakly. Sehun kept silent. Bomi glanced at him and smiled. Watching that he teared up thinking how she could still smile at him. He left the place feeling ashamed. She made an excuse saying she just went for a walk but was tired.

Meanwhile, naeun approached kai “Where were you?” she asked. Kai snorted “You don’t need to know where i go?” he explained. Naeun grabbed his arm while he was leaving “Why don’t you look at me kai? Since childhood there was only one person in my heart and that is you. Why can’t you see that? Why that human?” she shouted. Kai brushed her hands off and strangled her neck “Don’t say anything about her” he warned. “Why?? Is it because you developed feelings for her?” she asked. Kai enraged and nervously stepped back “I don’t….i don’t have any feelings for her” he mumbled and ran away. Naeun teared up and let out a broken chuckle “ You don’t your own heart kai” she said wiping her tears. “I won’t back down bomi. Kai will only be mine” she muttered clenching her fists.

Baekhyun was waiting for sehun at a corner. As soon as he saw him he strangled his neck "Hurt her again and i will not even care you are my brother" he muttered, threw him aside and left. Sehun felt depressed.

Next day, A meeting was held by the authoritative committee. Jihoon explained the purpose after everybody assembled “Sehun withdrew himself from the competition” he revealed. The brothers were surprised. “Well, good for me” muttered chanyeol. “I guess it is upto me now” kyungsoo thought. Kai, chen and baekhyun were calm while suho, lay and xiumin were surprised by the announcement. Sehun felt relieved. Bomi smiled at him while he couldn’t look into her eyes at all. She approached him like always later “Sehun, you liar you were coming to help me right?” she asked. He sighed “I did wrong bomi” he apologized. Bomi turned serious “Sehun, the games you brought for me since young would always have an escape route. Yesterday too you left the key on purpose” she smiled. Tears rolled down his cheeks but he wiped them urgently. “You know sehun, i am sorry for your loss. I don’t even know about it but what you did to me was wrong. I don’t know about me selecting you for the marriage but you are not fit to be the clan head. A person who can’t control his emotions is not worthy of that title. This i have learnt after watching your father” she stated seriously. Sehun agreed “I know, that’s the reason i stepped down on my own”. He bowed in front of her “Please forgive me and thank you for not telling the others” he said. Bomi nodded “Sehun, that day in the library did you by any chance?” she hesitated. “No, I just happened to pass by and met suho hyung. That’s it” he said. Bomi felt relieved “Nothing will change between us” she forgave him and left. “I can’t hurt you even if i wanted to bomi because you are dear to me but after doing what i have done i have no right to say that too” he thought to himself and sighed.

It was another day, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter