True faces

The monster's bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days after the long friendship ended, bomi was not willing to go the school. What did she deserve for this? She had one friend and she lost her too. She still doesn’t know the reason why she behaved that way. Her family tried everyway to cheer her up. To some extent they succeeded in her making her smile but her smile faded as soon as she entered her class and spotted lizzy. To her surprise the air was different in her class this time. She could see her classmates’ eyes glaring at her with disgust which was different from which they show daily. She took a seat ignoring them and all her classmates left the seats behind and ahead of her. She sat disappointed on noticing that and was also puzzled by their indifferent behaviour. A second later she felt somebody taking a seat behind her. She turned around and spotted baekhyun. She was surprised and then smiled slightly at him. His lips were slightly turning up watching her but was disturbed when chanyeol took a seat beside her and kyungsoo besides baekhyun. Bomi cheered up watching them helping her. She giggled thinking she is lucky to have them. Her smile faded when she saw lizzy glaring at her and turning her head. Chanyeol placed his hand on her shoulder and pulled her closer "Cheer up!!" he said and she giggled when kyungsoo tickled her from behind. This made the classmates hate her more.

At the recess, the classmates discussed loudly once they noticed she was alone. “Did you hear that, ilhoon was killed”. Bomi widened her eyes on hearing that “Ilhoon?” she mumbled and cold sweat formed on her forehead. “Yeah, did you observe? Whoever comes closer to that princess bomi, will always be dead” they continued. “I know right, don’t ever talk to her or else you will be dead too”. Bomi started sweating hard and started taking long breaths clutching her head. She fell off her chair on the ground but nobody helped her. Lizzy stopped herself from helping. Bomi glanced at her asking for help but she was not affected by it. She got up taking a support and left the class tumbling. She wanted to get out of that place as soon as possibe. She felt suffocated staying there longer so left the school on her own “He was killed too…why? Why?...he was my friend…ilhoon!!!” she cried loudly sitting in the middle of the road. She was depressed. Never once in her life she expected that she will lose a friend. She sat for a while alone in the place where she first met him “Is it because of me that you were killed? Lizzy thinks so too. That’s the reason she isn’t speaking to me right?” she mumbled sobbing.On noticing the time she left the place.

Her legs took her to the hospital and she herself was puzzled. She just knew that she didn’t want to go home. Seunghyun’s words kept repeating in her mind. She entered hospital and reached chorong’s room. Upon knocking it once she entered the room. Chorong was surprised watching her alone “Bomi?? Come in” she invited. Bomi smiled and greeted. Chorong raised an eyebrow after noticing she was here alone “How come those people left you alone? Hey, shouldn’t you be at school?” she asked. Bomi spoke cheerfully as if nothing happened “What?? I wanted to meet you alone. Cant i?” she asked back. Chorong laughed “Of course, but atleast inform them or else they will be running in this entire town looking for you” she said while bomi ignored “Hey chorong unni, let’s do something fun” she said. Chorong couldn’t ignore the glint in her eyes “Well, what do you want to do?” she asked removing her coat. Bomi pulled her hand “Let’s go out” she said but chorong stopped her “I will make a call and then we will” she said and suggested her to wait outside. Bomi left and chorong decided to make a call “Who should i call among those nine?” she wondered.

Meanwhile, bomi who stood outside waiting for chorong met seunghyun. “Ah princess, what are you doing here?” he asked. Bomi smiled and said cheerfully “What about you chief…are you here to meet somebody?? Girlfriend perhaps?” she raised her eyebrows teasing him. Seunghyun laughed “Well, why bother when there is beautiful young lady here” he teased leveling himself to her. She giggled “You are funny” she said shaking her head. The chief noticed it was odd she was alone and also suspicious of her behavior “Did something happen?” he asked. Her face darkened and she gulped “Chief…I heard a guy was found dead” she asked directly as she needed information. Seunghyun sighed “The news sure travels fast. Well, somebody identified him as ilhoon though. I heard he is of your class”. He widened his eyes “Don’t tell me, this is connected to you again” he asked while she blankly, sadly looked at him without answering. He placed his hand on her head and patted it gently. Bomi asked while he was about to leave “Chief….that day you were saying you are suspicious …who??...i want to know”. Seunghyun turned around “I don’t think you will believe me” he explained and she requested, telling she wants to know. Not having any choice “It is your brothers” he declared. A line appeared between her eyebrows “Officer!!! They will never do that!! They can’t kill anybody….and why will they…they don’t have any motive” she scowled. He laughed sarcastically “Didn’t i say you wouldn’t believe??...well, i will prove it…by the way, on investigating i found out that you were never adopted are you aware of that” he asked. Bomi nodded. “Hmm…this makes sense” he grinned watching her. Confused bomi asked “What??”. “You are a woman to them princess, not their sister” he declared while she looked at blankly unable to understand his words. “I have to leave now….goodbye” he said and left waving. Bomi wondered what he meant by that.

On the other hand, chorong called chen after much discussion in her mind. “How rare,you calling me?” he scowled relaxing on his chair in his office. “Listen, before mocking me why don’t you check your surroundings. You are quite relaxed aren’t you? Even when bomi is missing” she said frustrated. Chen got up from his chair “What do you mean? What did you do?” he raged. Chorong chuckled “Oh…wait a minute…I did??…she was the one who came here. Look, as i said i have no interest in her now” she explained. Chen gritted his teeth “Quite loyal, aren’t you? Only if you had been loyal back then, you wouldn’t have….” . She interrupted “Who are you to speak, after all..”. This time he was the one to interrupt “Enough!!...i have no time for this. Where is she? Remember, if anything happens to her, you will not be spared again” he warned and ended the call after she told they are at the hospital.

Chorong sighed holding her head and threw her stethoscope. She realized bomi might be waiting so she left. She saw a man walking back after talking to bomi “Who is that? Are you alright” she enquired suspiciously. Bomi chuckled “Woah…chorong unni, even you got their virus, huh?” she mocked as she was acting just like her brothers. Both laughed and left to the nearby fast food stall as chorong insisted they shouldn’t travel far. Bomi was happy but only she knows that she was just pretending. Subconsciously her tears fell. Chorong who witnessed this wondered “What? Bomi??” she asked. Bomi wiped her tears and laughed nervously “It is so spicy…. and also after eating kyungsoo oppa’s food nothing tastes good” she replied nervously laughing, also wiping her tears. Chorong couldn’t ask any further “Do you like them?” she asked stirring the coffee. Bomi raised a brow “Huh?" she asked. Chorong leaned on the chair and sighed "Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter