Decision

The monster's bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was up but bomi was still lying on the bed tired and exhausted as the dreams kept haunting her in which somebody who was trapped in the fire was crying for help. She clutched her sheets moving her head from left to right and sweating profoundly. Next, in her dream she saw the same old, red, cold and intimidating eyes. Bomi sat up taking long breaths. She wiped the sweat formed on her forehead.

“Whose eyes are those? Always those pair of eyes creates turmoil in my heart” she mumbled controlling her breath. Through the window, she noticed the bright morning. Stepping out of the bed, her feet touched the warm floor. Bomi reached the window watching the birds and nature. It was pleasant. She stood watching the trees moving with the wind. Her eyes landed on the book and the diary she recently found, placed on the table. Reaching it, her hands trembled. Taking it and turning the pages she read the book with an intention to find out more about her. She was curious why it was her? What is the purpose of her being born as a celestial fruit? Going through it, she read the same thing as she read before. A sudden gush of the wind outside made her shift her attention towards the window.

Bomi looked around suspiciously and within the bushes she could see the same black shadow. Her eyes went blank again as if enchanted she kept looking at the shadow.  The person in the black outfit spoke “Like an ocean outside calm and blue, it seems inside grows the untameable greed. Time has arrived to make a decision.  Masks from their faces will fall indeed. Choose the one who sees you …...” suddenly bomi came to her senses with a jerk, as if her soul returned to her body. She breathed heavily and looked around for the shadow but there was nobody there. “That person….no shadow…it was saying something again. Whenever that shadow appears something unthinkable happens. I am scared. I don’t want to know anything anymore. I don’t have strength to hear another secret” she muttered under her breath.

A sound on the window disturbed her. She turned her head only to notice a man sitting on the window. “Ahhh” she shouted watching a stranger. The brothers who were in the living room heard her scream and sprinted to her room. The guys barged in the room; “Bomi, what happened?” asked xiumin puzzled. “There was a man here” she explained pointing towards the window, swallowing the lump in . They searched the nearby area. Suho noticed somebody’s presence behind the window and caught him. He pulled him and threw him on the floor. They all watched him in surprise.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………................................................................................

 

The atmosphere turned tensed in the main hall of the wolveshire castle as the kims sat together. Along with them was a visitor, a messenger from their clan. A man, who had an ear piercing and his small eyes disappeared when smiling at bomi “Sorry, I didn’t want to scare you but there was a strong barrier around the house so i sneaked in through the garden” he reasoned. She gave an awkward smile to him “There is a barrier?” she questioned. Kai answered “We made to throw out nuisances. I guess it is broken” he gave a smirk to the man implying he is a nuisance too. Bomi thought it might be, as lizzy came through garden too.

Xiumin who observed her suppressed his laughter as bomi was holding onto her dagger tightly “Don’t worry he is one of members of the wolves clan, also the member of the authoritative committee, Kim sunggyu. He is here to deliver the message of the clan head”. Bomi gave a questionable look as she didn’t know there was a clan head, correction she didn’t even know they had a clan.

Sunggyu spoke explaining the purpose of him coming over glancing at the nine young men “The clan head wanted to know who was chosen. If it is not decided yet he ordered to be done faster” he explained. The brothers glanced at each other while bomi was confused waching their expressions. Sunggyu who observed that asked “Princess doesn’t know yet? I heard the folklore has been discovered” he questioned. Suho shook his head “That’s the reason she is here with us. We are going to tell her the truth. Regarding the folklore grandpa hid, there is nothing special in it. The same thing which we have known is been written in that” he stated. Chen agreed “Strange, but it felt like the ending pages are missing” he said glancing at bomi. She raised her eyebrows “I don’t know. I just read the front pages. Is it that important?” she asked. Lay explained “Yes princess, we are searching for that book for years now. It explains everything about the celestial fruit. You might have known by now that you are the one, the monster’s bride but years ago there was one bride too. Her life was stated in that book” she nodded as if understood. “But why are they so much interested in knowing her life?” thought bomi to herself.

Sunggyu broke her thoughts “I am not done yet. Princess, let me make it clear. You have to marry one of these nine men. You need to choose a wedding partner among them” he explained. She was perplexed “What?” she asked widening her eyes. Chanyeol grinned “What is there to be so surprised? What he is said is true, that is the reason you are called the monster’s bride. I am sure you read it in the book and diary, right?” he explained. She felt tensed as she knows about this but it was happening too soon. The men looked at each other and then shifted their eyes towards her. They know she might feel awkward. Suddenly she is told that she needs to marry one of them. It is absurd for any normal person. Sunggyu was a smart man, he noticed bomi’s expression “Princess, you are not just going to choose him to marry but to help him be the next clan leader” he expressed. She looked at him confused. Kyungsoo continued “We brothers are the nine heirs of the wolf clan. The clan head is our father” he expressed. She felt happy knowing the truth about their father but the situation right now was going above her head.

Sehun came straight to the point “The current clan head, that is our father is retiring soon. The next clan head is supposed to be a powerful man who can lead this entire clan. This decision was left to you. The one whom you will select to marry, will become the next clan leader for obvious reason, that he will become more powerful through you, the celestial fruit”.  Bomi was at loss of words “So i am not only the medium for them to get stronger but will also be responsible to give them their leader?” she thought. Ofcourse, she was troubled by these sudden turn of events. Baekhyun frowned “Just get to the point sunggyu. I don’t think the dearest clan leader sent you here to inform just this?” he questioned with a glare. Kai agreed with his words. Sunggyu smiled “As expected,… i was ordered to bring princess and you all along with me. Princess is supposed to stay together with the clan from here on. This has been decided by the clan head and the other authoritative members” he informed.

Kai enraged “What?? Why?? She is fine here” he explained. Bomi looked at him susprised as his voice was quite high and also at the purpose sunggyu came here. Sunggyu objected with a stern look “Kai, be careful with that tone of yours remember i am watching you all since you were kids. Regarding the decision your father made i support him. The threat is increasing. It is not safe for the princess to stay here anymore. You were given ample amount of time to get acquainted with her but now the time has come for her to decide” he said with a serious look. Kai cooled down rolling his eyes.

Sunggyu added looking at her “Princess, coming full moon that is exactly a month away you will be married to one of them. So carefully decide which one is suitable to be the clan leader” he explained. She felt a lump in . The air became awkward. Sunggyu decided to leave noticing the atmosphere “I will go look around the town. Tomorrow morning, we will head to our destination. Our clan is waiting to welcome you all, especially the princess” he explained.She glanced at each one of them “That means my school?” she asked suspiciously. Suho sighed “You have to drop out from school” he said shaking his head helplessly.

 “Oppa, no….i don’t want to. This is the last year, i promised lizzy that we will graduate together” she pleaded tearing up. Xiumin comforted her “You will graduate with her i promise but….unfortunately you can’t attend the school. That place has an easy access to the enemy. We can’t put you in danger any further than this” he explained patting her head. “But i…” she teared up. Bomi glanced at everybody for help. She averted her eyes when it landed on baekhyun. Sunggyu who observed that raised his eyebrow. She rushed outside the door wiping her tears. She was upset she couldn’t go to school anymore. Why wasn’t she given a choice? It bugged her the most. Suddenly, everything is being decided for her.

 Meanwhile, suho flared at xiumin “This, just because of your this incompetence and attitude i have to bear the burden of being an elder. Why can’t you just stick to a decision that has been made?” he shouted breathing heavily. Xiumin let out a bitter laugh “You are teaching me about incompetence? You, who only knows how to dwell on the past” he made a remark. Lay stepped in stopping them from grabbing each others collars “Stop it, this is not the time for us to behave like this” he huffed. Sehun rolled his eyes at them and gave a scornful look to suho while he left to his room fuming in anger. Xiumin marched towards his room too.

Chanyeol sneaked out finding the opputunity to talk to bomi. No way, he is letting go of this chance. He approached her “Princess?” he called her sweetly. She was sulking. He smiled flaunting his dimple and went in front of her. He wriggled his big ears with the help of his fingers. She giggled secretly noticing that but acted nonchalant in front of him. “Ooh…my big ears just heard a cute laugh” he commented. “And it came from somewhere here” he went closer to her face. Bomi giggled watching him still holding onto his ears “Oppa” she whined. “Princess, i know this is all so sudden for you but there is nothing we can do but to obey the commands. I want you to be safe at all costs” he explained patiently. Chen joined him from behind “He is right. I am sure you will like it there too. That place is not as spooky as you think it is” he commented.

Meanwhile in the castle, kyungsoo said leaning on the couch casually “Looks like the day is coming near? Then let’s prepare” he smiled broadly. Sehun raised his eyebrows giving him a questionable look. “You all…. prepare for my wedding with bomi” he replied cockily. The others present over there rolled their eyes. “Quite conceited aren’t you? I will finish my business in the duration you bat your eyelashes” said sehun with confidence. He got up gritting his teeth “Princess bomi, count the date because now i will payback everything in return” he thought to himself and left the place. Kyungsoo left whistling not even bothered by his threat.

Kai and baekhyun glanced at each other. “Why the day of the full moon?” asked kai curiously, about the wedding day. Sunggyu let out a laugh “Asking a wolf? Don’t you know the importance of full moon in our lives?” he asked back. “Why, next month?” lay asked eagerly.  “Because we can’t wait any longer than this” answered sunggyu firmly. Lay felt depressed “But bomi. I think she should be given time to think about this” he thought to himself and left sighing. Sunggyu got up “I will be back at night” he informed.

Baekhyun decided to leave too but sunggyu interfered “Strange isn’t it?”. Baekhyun turned around giving a harsh look “What do you mean?” he asked. Sunggyu’s eyebrows furrowed in suspicion “Present is totally different from the past. I never thought a day like t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter