Escape

The monster's bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bright light of the sun seeping through the window fell on the pale girl who was lying on the bed. Bomi squirmed in the bed trying her best to open her eyes. She hardly slept because of yesterday’s incident and eventually drifted off to sleep in the morning. Her eyes were swollen. Lazily she sat up straight in her bed and her eyes fell on her dagger which she hugged tightly to her chest the whole night. Gently touching the carving on its hilt, her lips turned up. It felt as if it was comforting her that thought made her tear up. “How should i ask them? What should i say? Should i hear their side too?” she thought to herself. If possible she wanted to hide in this room forever or should she pretend it didn’t happen? She questioned herself. Multiple options came to her mind but neither could mend her paining heart.

Noticing the time she let out a blank laugh thinking suho didn’t come to wake her up. It was past eleven, the whole house was silent. Dragging her heavy feet she rushed into the bathroom. After getting ready she headed outside. She had to no choice but to face them. On arriving at the living room her confidence faded and all she could remember was the facts stated in that diary. In her mind she expected them behave coldly as she knew the truth but it was different or to say they were the same like always. It was the same environment, people and affection which was shown from years.

Suho came forward and caught his ears “Sorry…I was busy with work so i didn’t wake you up” he explained. She kept quiet and watched him blankly. Kyungsoo cooked delicious food and called her “Come on, let’s eat”. Upon not budging he pulled her hand leading her to the table. Lay handed the flowers like always. Chanyeol brought her gifts while sehun brought her games. Kai who acted cold was also different today “Take it” he said handing over a bar of chocolate. Xiumin patted her head gently “Let’s sit”. Baekhyun noticed her silence and kept quiet. Nothing affected her as she knows very well this was all an act. It was clearly known that this all is just to please this prey of theirs so that they can grow stronger. Suddenly, they were all silent when bomi let out a blank laugh. She held her stomach and laughed out loud as if she heard a joke. Not long after that her laugh faded and tears kept rolling down her cheeks. Others just watched her blankly “You don’t need to pretend. I know the truth so please don’t waste your time and efforts. After all, i am just a prey. To be honest, I want to cry, question you all but nothing is coming to my mind. Should i fear you all after knowing that you are the wolves? Should i be upset that i was betrayed my family? Should i be grateful that i was kept under a wrong impression the whole time? But every time i ask a question there is only one answer. That is no answer….hmm…no answer”.

She smiled weakly when they did not utter even a word. Their silence was depressing. She was frustrated and yelled “Tell me….who wants my blood? Who wants my flesh? Who wants to grow stronger….tear me apart….tear….” she was interrupted when kai held her shoulders tightly “Enough!!!” he shouted. She brushed his hands off and grabbed the flowers from the table nearby. She threw them at his face angrily. His eyes closed instantly. Kai wasn’t bothered by it at all instead was sad. She weeped for sometime, moved back giving a broken smile to each and left to her room. The brothers could only stand watching her leave.  Baekhyun gave a blank look to kai while he looked at him sadly and then left upstairs to the direction she left. Chanyeol placed his hand on kai’s shoulder comforting. He brushed his hands off, sighed and left the house. Sehun was at the table rolling his eyes and continued eating his food as if nothing happened. Kyungsoo who noticed him shook his head while “What?” sehun asked instead. Xiumin and suho glanced at each other. “We need to talk to her” explained suho while xiumin stopped him “This is not the time. She wouldn’t understand even if you did. Just let her be. What say chen?” he asked for his advice but chen was nowhere to be found. Lay decided that he will explain everything to her by himself and left.

Meanwhile, bomi rushed towards her room, as soon as she opened the door somebody arrived at the back. He pulled her arm and locked the door from inside. She was scared and widened her eyes when she saw that was baekhyun. She couldn’t even open and kept shaking in fear as this was the first time she was that close to him. He moved closer to her while she shut her eyes tightly. He shook his head “I am not going to eat you” he made a remark which made her frown. She opened her eyes slowly and stuck to the wall. He swiftly grabbed her hand and her fingers which made her gasp “Stop!!.....n….” she shrieked as her skin burned. “This” he showed as she was misunderstanding. She wondered what was he showing but realized her fingers were bleeding as it pricked when she held the roses earlier. Without a warning he the blood on her fingers again while she was stunned “No…st..op....let go…” she muttered breathing heavily as she was afraid. Before she could protest more he let go of her hand “It is fine now…..you are quite defenseless….” he stopped swallowing his words when he noticed somebody’s presence outside the door. He stepped towards the door with an intention to leave but stopped. Bomi wondered why he stopped “Do you think we never thought you would discover the truth?” he questioned turning his head and looking at her. She hung her down when their eyes met. She didn’t answer him and kept holding the hand to her chest. “I wish you would believe in….” he continued. Bomi lifted her head to look at him. He stopped and left. The expression he made pricked her heart as there was sadness in it. She was astounded when she glanced at her fingers as the wound was gone.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

 

It was past midnight, she locked herself in the room the whole day. She couldn’t sleep at all and kept looking out of the window. She decided to leave this house. After knowing the truth she no longer wanted to live with them. Gathering the courage she stepped out of the room not forgetting her dagger. The whole house was silent as her family was in their respective rooms. Slowly she opened the door and stepped out carefully looking in all directions. Taking her steps lightly she sneaked out successfully. As soon as, she reached the garden, a shadow passed by her. She was terrified thinking what it was. Trying hard, by squinting her eyes she searched for the shadow. She was sure somebody was there. Here after, she is the only one who should look after herself she thought, also was tired of being weak. A sudden sound made her turn around where she could see a shadow running away. Immediately, she decided to follow it. She was sweating hard as she was scared to death but she decided to face the problems on her own. Walking through the trees she gasped when somebody pulled her arm. Before she could shout or aim her dagger “It’s me” said the voice.

Bomi widened her eyes and turned around as the voice was familiar also thinking that no way that person can be here “Lizzy!!” said bomi perplexed watching her and jumping in her arms right away. “Are you really here? I am not dreaming right?” she questioned. Lizzy answered right away also shushing her to keep quiet “It is really me. Bomi, I am here to take you. Let’s go” she said hurriedly looking to her left and right. Bomi was puzzled “Go where??” she asked. Lizzy gulped continuously wiping the sweat on her forehead “Princess, I am giving you freedom. You need to run away. Please, let’s go” she pleaded. Before bomi could ask what she meant and why she was here lizzy answered “I know….i know their secret….your family’s secret…..i am begging you….run away before they kill you….please bomi” she requested wiping her tears. Watching her, bomi couldn’t control anymore “Thank you….thank you for coming for me lizzy. You are not mad at me right?” she sobbed, happy that she could see her friend again. Instead of answering lizzy grabbed her hand “Let’s go before we get caught. Here, i even brought clothes for you. I am sure once you cross the forest you will be safe. Just leave this town for now” she suggested and dragged bomi promising she will explain everything.

Both lizzy and bomi secretly reached the gates but unfortunately spotted chen. The girls gasped and hugged each other in fear. They are done for if they are caught. Both sneaked slowly as he was facing the other way. As they passed by him successfully, bomi turned around to confirm if they were caught, to her surprise her eyes met with chen who was smiling, watching her leave. Biting her lips, controlling her tears she smiled back “Thank you” she mouthed realizing he let her go. As soon as her figure disappeared in the dark he immediately called somebody “Got an important task for you” he ordered with a grin on his face.

Lizzy and bomi ran with all their might through the hill. Unable to run any longer both squatted down near the stream worn out. Tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter