F I V E

Baekhyun's Youth

Foreigners filled in the blank spaces at the beach. Some with families, friends and for sure partners. We sat ourselves on the mat we brought, a bit far from the sea since we didn't bring extra clothes with us now.

Chanyeol is on his back, reading a book.

Since when he become a bookworm? And where's the book come from?

His attention of course on the book and not me.

His grip on the book isn't too tight but enough for a book. So I shove the book lightly and it fall right on his face. It must be hurt since the book is quiet thick. He groaning.

"What do you want?" He leans on his elbow, facing me. Face disinterested.

"Buy me ice cream."

The look on him is obvious like he is judging me. I roll my eyes. "What?"

Chanyeol tsking and tilts to peer at something else. Setting aside his book, he stands up brushing off if there's sands on his clothes. Placing his hands in the pocket of short pants, he walks away.

"He didn't even ask what kind of flavor I want." I murmur. I turn my attention to the abandon book. With curiosity I pick it up, opening random pages. Luck wasn't given to me that I get myself a scene. I throw the book like it sends me fire.

" bastard." I curse.

Then come a man smiling to me. I think he is citizen here because his face isn't like any asians. I smile back politely, I'm in their country anyway.

"Hello!" He greets me suddenly. More surprisingly in korean - a little bit broken.

"Oh! You speak korean!" I state out and he chuckles. "I'm half korean. My name's Hwan. You?" He offering his hand for a handshake.

I smile again. "I'm Baekhyun. Nice meeting you." I accept his handshake. "How did you know I'm korean?" I ask him.

"I heard you talking with your husband earlier." He says sheepishly maybe afraid for overhearing.

"How did you know I'm married?!" I shrieking and eyed him like he is a psycho. He waves up his hand and pointing to my fingers.

Oh, the ring.

I mentally slap my face. "Looks like I embarrassing myself in front of you." I laugh nervously.

 

 

"Yeah right. I don't know you're this dumb." I say after a few seconds standing behind him with his ice cream. I've heard what they talked about and join them.

"Shut up Chanyeol." Baekhyun says as he takes his ice cream from me. And of course I don't miss how his eyes rolling.

"...So this is your husband." The stranger nodding knowingly.

Okay, let's be nice Chanyeol.

"I'm Chanyeol. You from here?"

"Yeah and I'm half korean. You can call me Hwan." He smiles but his eyes on me stay for a second before moving to Baekhyun. Too bad he didn't notice this stranger.

"You have beautiful hands, Baekhyun ssi." He stats out of nowhere. I stare at him weirdly. My mind saying, are you flirting with my wife now?

Baekhyun chokes on his ice cream when hearing the compliment. He clears his throat. "Thanks, I get that a lot, so yes." Without sensing anything he continues the melt ice cream.

I was reading my book when we heard the shouts. Soon the crowds forming two meters in front of us. I ask this Hwan what's happening. Yeah, he still there chatting but more to flirting with Baekhyun.

"A woman get drowned and they searching if there any doctor here."

Baekhyun shares a look with me. "I'm a doctor." I volunteer. "Let's go there before she dies." I folding my long sleeves till it reaches my elbow and running to the crowds.

Hwan says something to the crowds maybe stating I'm a doctor so they give me spaces. I kneel beside her, checking for her pulses on the wrist.

"Please call an ambulance." Hwan translating what I'm saying. One of them fumbling on his phone to call.

I straightening her neck to establish the airway. I listening carefully for air escaping from but there's nothing. CPR need to be done. So I give her two full breaths through the mouth and thirty compressions on her chest using both hands. I repeat until she spewing the sea water and coughing hard.

I'm checking for her pulses again. She is still weak. "What's your name?" I ask with translations from Hwan.

"...Jade.." Her voice came out whispering.

"Where are you?"

"...sea.."

I nod and waiting for the ambulance to come. Her friends thanking me for helping. Hwan also start leaving and I searching for the only person.

He smiles but there something unsettle from his face.

 

 

I watch from afar he doing his job as doctor. To be admitted, I'm proud of him - as a doctor and husband. I don't know this feeling but I do feel something for this thing.

As a doctor, patients are our main profession. Whether males or females. Now the case is, the patient is a woman and CPR need to be done. Most importantly, the doctor that treating her is my husband.

Seriously?

I don't care before but now I am. I'm newly married and seeing my husband did that to a person especially woman isn't in my list. I know he's doing his job but I do feel something.

You're being stupid, Baekhyun. He's a doctor, you need to understand.

It comes to an end. I see him looking at me, they're done. I give him a small smile for 'you did well!' But why I feel...weird?

By then my stomach grumbling. Maybe I'm hungry.

"Let's having dinner. We didn't eat anything for the whole day except for the ice cream." I say softly. After I got his answer, we're packing our things back to the car.

All the way rides I don't do anything. The scene keep flashing like there's video in my mind. I sigh once again.

"Oi, why you keep sighing? It's disturbing me." His eyes still on the road when he piped up. I blink, "Oh, I didn't realize. Sorry.." My head leaning against the window, I stare at him - his reflection.

"Something bothering you?" Is there concerns in his questions or I'm imagining?

"...Kind of."

I'm about to fall into my nap suddenly my body was pushed forward and I'm waiting for the hard dashboard giving me blue but an arm saves me.

"Sorry, it's unintentionally. They brake out of sudden. Maybe we stuck in a short jammed." Chanyeol placing back his hand on the steering wheel.

"Can we get fast-food? It faster and would help me a lot because I'm so hungry. Don't you too?" I suggest.

"Fast-food make us fat and unhealthy. Our body need to be fed by important meals since we didn't eat till now." And there, Chanyeol talking about his knowledge and theories. I had enough listening and shutting him using my palm.

"Can you shut up? For the first time I regret being an intern and married to a doctor." He removes my hand and looking at me. I'm sure I know that looks.

"You mean you never regret marrying me at first?" I scoff at the statement. "Stop being full of yourself."

He chuckling then using one hand he pinches my right cheek.

Yah,yah! This person really!

"Oi,oi! Hands off, eyes on road." I brush his hand away and gazing out through the window.

So that he wouldn't see the smile that creep in on my face.

 

 

My hand rests on my thigh while the other hand busy controlling the steering wheel. I gulp - why did I do that?

It replays when I pinch his cheek. It was unexpected of me as I never thought to do that before. Unintentionally I said. I'm shivering, goosebumps.

The sounds from Baekhyun's head hitting the window attracts me to glance at him. He crunching his face and running through his forehead.

"Oww.."

I move towards his side - nevermind the traffics on stop. He tries backing away but the headrest don't let him.

"What are you up to?" Baekhyun sounds tired. We should already arrive at the hotel and ordering for fast food but we stuck here.

His warm breaths fanning on my neck as I'm reaching for the button at the side of his seat. When I found it, the seat lowering to the back.

"...I can do it myself." He leans back comfortably to seek his naps. "Thanks. And don't forget to wake me up." He adds.

The stopped traffics help me to gaze a bit longer at his admirable face. For me, it's better for him to stay like this than the face he always show me whenever he awake.

Unknowingly I smile, heartbeats catching it paces.


Alright ! Here you go .. Thank you for reading ~ anyway I wanna ask you guys opinion on Chanyeol's kissing scenes and .. Baekhyun supporting lgbt . This week is so hard for me to handle this well . Huhu . Ciao !