T H R E E

Baekhyun's Youth

"Honeymoon, huh?" I ask this ignorant wife of mine, playing around with his iPhone next to me.

We have to sleep on one bed - it's the only bed, in case his parents stalk us in the night. However, he insists to place the pillow between us, saying 'if I don't, maybe you do something inappropriate.'

"What? You feel excited?" He glances at me.

"Shouldn't I?" I probs my hand against my head, turns to my side facing him. He sends me one of his powerful glare. "You ert!" He grabs the pillow between them and hit me right on the face.

"Why do you hit me?! You're the one who thinking elsewhere!"

"Oh yeah? You think I don't know what you're thinking?" I raise my eyebrow. "I'm not thinking what you're think I'm thinking." He snorts loudly and it so ugly, trust me.

"You're ridiculous."

"I'm your ridiculous." I send him flying kiss and winking. Surely I'd love to see him annoyed of me. It's a good sight and he's...cute. I admit it even his mouth is so foul.

I know you like him.

Oh shut up, brain..

"Euw." He then shuts his phone off and turning his back on me. I fall asleep after I hear my sign - he makes weird cute puppy yelps. Honestly? It's cute.

 

 

In hospital, we need to be prepare whenever emergencies. People come and go. For today, the ambulance sent us a patient who'd got attack by gangsters. They beat him quiet bad, getting a few swollen which is pretty dark, deep cuts one on his side and another one near his heart - a piece of glass being stuck there.

The surgery need to be done quickly because the blood pressure dropping to danger level. My clothes was stained by his bloods. I help them removing the patient to the bed for the surgery, I take my hand off the patient's back and drying the bloods on it on my clothes. The condition in the room a bit stuffy until the surgeon comes in.

Dr Park.

"What's the case?" His voice somehow got deeper and muffled by the mask.

"There's a piece of glass in his cut near his heart. One wrong move, it might be struck straight to his heart."

"Okay. Let's do this."

The lights turning on, the screen showing closer to the cut and everyone getting ready. I think I can hear their heartbeats including myself. Even I'm facing similar cases, the adrenaline is still there. I look up and found the soft chocolate eyes making contacts with me. As if I understand what he wants, I nod.

He holds out his hand, "Retractors."

And the surgery starts. Usually it takes at least minimum three hours to finish. Sometimes I take a quick look of Dr Park when he is so focus on his work. Soon the surgery down to it's where the sharp piece need to be pull out by the forceps. But suddenly, the red bloods splashing to his cover.

"Cover this! The glass have touched the artery!" Dr Park sounds worried. He looks at the monitor, finding the blood pressure dropping down . We, interns rushing to absorb the bloods with the clean cottons. Slowly the tense build up in the room.

"Suction." The bloods being by the tube, clearing but still flooding. He secures the artery by ligating it with hemostat using the suture. He also use it to connect the body tissues.

In about 15 minutes, the surgery done. The blood pressure back to normal, allowing everyone to catch their breath. One by one of us exiting the surgery room, leaving me and Dr Park.

"That was good." I say honestly. Being a doctor is a hard task for humans because it involves human's lives.

"First time you praising me."

"Yeah I know. Don't remind me. And please be grateful." I'm about to follow their steps but out of sudden the patient shaking and having hard times to breath.

"His heart rates dropping quick! He's having infection through the heart!"

He comes to my side and grab the defibrillator charged to 400. He places it on the patient's heart, sending electric shock. That's how it works. It shows no improvement even after he repeats it a few times. But who are we to change the fate.

He's not breathing anymore. "16:26, time of death."

He turns to me. I stand still, too shock to do anything. This isn't what I'm expecting. The surgery is a success but why he dies? I walk pass him towards the dead patient, thinking where's the fault before.

I take my hand off the patient's back and drying the bloods on it on my clothes.

I gulp and cautiously turning him on his back with my shaking hands. Bed getting wet by his red bloods, gasping when I see a long deep cut across his back that I trust it from a samurai. The infection may caused from it from five hours straight not being treated.

"Can we go out?" I whisper, hoping it loud enough for Chanyeol to hear me.

We go outside from the stuffy room, removing the mask, gloves and covers. My head spinning but luckily the walls hold me up and I can hear Chanyeol rushing to my side.

"Baekhyun..."

"It's my fault.." My voice comes out strangled. My body feels too numb, legs shaking and my eyes unfocused. "I should realized it earlier. We can prevent him from dying. He will not die if -" My words got cut when he turns me to face him.

"Hey, hey. We don't know lifetime of a person. We can't control that. As a doctor, you should know that."

"Still, we can prevent . There must be family waiting for him at home. It's my fault, Chanyeol." Right now I'm on verge to cry in front of someone who I never want him to see me in this state.

A second later, my body was brought into a warm embrace. Chanyeol hugs me - the thought making me automatically sobbing on his chest. I bite my lower lips to prevent any loud sounds because I just can't control whenever I'm crying.

"It's not your fault, Baekhyun. Don't blame yourself.." His voice soothing me and I can feel I'm relaxing for awhile.

Maybe marrying him is not so bad tho...

 

 

"Dr Park, they're calling you in for a meeting."

"I'll be there in five."

I quickly arranging a few things and papers on the desk - I'm not take a liking on messes. I straightening my white coat, looking at the mirror to check my appearance before leaving my room.

The meeting talk about issues that connected between the patients and the doctors. They hold us, the surgeons for a good minutes before releasing us back to work.

"Uh, what are you doing?" I enter my supposedly empty room but to find a small figure hovering in front of my desk. He completely still when he heard I'm asking. He turns around to face me.

Baekhyun.

"Oh you." I walk inside and placing my books and stuffs from the meeting on the desk. Flopping my big figure on the chair.

"Oh you? What, you're expecting someone else?" He rolling his eyes and huffing. Without any words, he leaves the room.

"Yah, answer me!"

"What?" He asks disinterested while giving his back to me. I wonder how he get chosen to be the future doctor with that attitude.

"What are you doing here earlier?" I ask again with the much patience left in me.

"Just dropping a coffee from a nurse that maybe wanna flirt and she working under you I guess." He shrugs.

"Okay but why you willingly to drop by?"

This time he turns around to answer my question. I'm being greet by his slightly annoyed expression.

"You're asking me too much Dr Park, that also nothing about any patients. I'm late, may I take my leave now?"

We share a long stare before I'm opening my mouth. "Yes, you may go intern Byun."

He sends me a bow that I'm thinking it just to mock me before leaving the room completely and shutting the door too
much louder than usual.

What I do is shaking my head and hoping someone can control his act which is also happened to be me as his husband on paper.

After he leaves, I take a notice of the coffee he mentioned earlier. Nurse under him? Flirting? That's impossible because as long as I know all of them already married and they also know I'm married. I'm going to pour the coffee to the sink and there's a note being stuck under it.

Thank you...

Now this is make sense. I am sure Baekhyun is just too shy or maybe ego to admit he's the one that placed the coffee on the desk. Such a hardheaded guy I may add. Unnoticed, my lips forming a small smile while sipping the warm coffee, declining my intention to pour it.

I then take out my phone and typing on it.

'Thank you for the coffee and welcome.'

Not long after that he replies.

What the heck are you talking about?

'Ohh, don't be shy...'

You're crazy.

'You and I know I'm not.'

I don't get any reply after that.


Updated guys . Is this right tho ? Hahaha . Thank you for reading ! And to subscribers , I love ya ! That's all ... Ciao !