Chapter 2

Choice [Hansoon/Soonsol]

-three weeks earlier-

"My parents are gonna love you", Soonyoung promised. They stood on the doorstep to the Kwon Manor about to tell Soonyoung's parents about their relationship.

"Are you sure? I mean they don't even know that you're gay...what if they freak out?" Hansol asked, fumbling with his shirt nervously.

Soonyoung cupped his cheeks. "It's okay. I'm sure they'll take it well. And even if they don't, I'd never leave you only because my parents disapprove of our relationship", Soonyoung assured him and pecked his lips. "I love you", he said. Hansol blushed. "I know. I love you, too...", he mumbled.

Soonyoung chuckled at his boyfriend's cuteness. They had been together for almost two years and Hansol was still shy when it came to those three little words. The older rang the doorbell and gave Hansol one last encouraging smile before the door was opened by a man in a black suit.

"Mr. Soonyoung, you have arrived", he stated and stepped aside to let the two boys in. "Good to see you, ahjussi", Soonyoung said. "Your parents are waiting in the parlor", the ahjussi said.

Soonyoung nodded and led Hansol to the room where the Kwon's waited for them. Hansol didn't feel intimidated by the house since he grew up in a rich family as well. He was more scared of the people he was about to meet. He had a strange feeling that something would go incredibly wrong.

"Soonyoung", Mrs. Kwon greeted her son. She placed her tea aside and got up from the armchair she was sitting in to engulf her son into a hug. "Hello, mother. Have you been well?" he asked. "I missed you. You should really visit more often", she said accusingly.

Mr. Kwon got up as well. "Father", Soonyoung said and bowed. "Son", he replied. Hansol could feel a very uncomfortable tension in the air. Maybe he was just imagining things but he really wanted to sink into the floor.

"Mother, Father. I'd like you to meet Choi Hansol...", Soonyoung said, directing the attention towards his boyfriend. The younger bowed 90 degrees. "It's nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Kwon", he greeted them politely.

"It's nice to meet you too, Hansol. Are you a close friend of Soonyoung's?" Mrs. Kwon asked in a friendly tone. "Uh...you could say that. We're roommates and uh...", Hansol stammered, shooting his boyfriend a pleading look.

"Why don't we all sit down again?" Soonyoung spoke up. Mr. and Mrs. Kwon sat back down at their original places while Soonyoung and Hansol took a seat on the fancy couch across from them.

"You know...Hansol and I are more than roommates. The thing is we're dating and I love him", Soonyoung told them while taking Hansol's hand subconsciously.

"I wanted to get this off my chest because I want you to know who I am", he continued. "Also, I want you to see what a wonderful person he is and how happy he-"

"Enough!" Soonyoung's father interrupted. "If this is a joke then it's not funny!" he hissed. His face was red with anger. Soonyoung felt Hansol's hand tighten around his own.

"It's not a joke, father. I'm serious. Hansol and I are-" "Nothing! You two are nothing! Two men in a relationship? That's sick! That's wrong!" Mr. Kwon yelled.

Mrs. Kwon was crying silent tears by now. "Soonyoung...why?" she asked. "What do you mean why? Why did I fall in love?" "LOVE? THIS ISN'T LOVE! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE WITH A WOMAN! JAEHWAN!" Mr. Kwon called for the butler.

The ahjussi from earlier stepped into the room. "You called, sir?" he asked. " that person out of the house! I never want to see his face here again!" Mr. Kwon said, pointing at Hansol, who was still speechless due to his outburst. "As you wish", Jaehwan said.

"If he goes, I'll go with him!" Soonyoung said and rose from the couch. "I really thought you'd support me. Come on, babe! We're outta here", he said and dragged Hansol along, past Jaehwan and out of the house.