Chapter 6

Choice [Hansoon/Soonsol]

"Soonyoung. Come downstairs, please", Mrs. Kwon shouted through her son's locked door. Soonyoung hadn't left his room ever since he arrived at his parents' house last night. He sighed heavily and got up from his bed.

All his tries of getting some sleep were useless. He just missed his cuddly source of warmth. He smiled a little at the thought of sleepy Hansol. The younger would always snuggle up to him and wrap both his arms around him like he didn't want to let him go. He was like a kitten sometimes, fluffy and cute. Now that Hansol wasn't around Soonyoung realized how much he really needed him.

Soonyoung wanted to rebel against his parents like a teenager but he kept reminding himself that he was doing this for Hansol's safety. He really didn't want to test his father when he was angry.

He changed out of his baggy sweatpants into jeans and a dress shirt before he left his room and went downstairs to the parlor. His parents sat there with a man, a woman and a girl that seemed to be around his age. Soonyoung bowed politely and greeted them even though he wanted nothing more than run away and go back to Hansol.

"So, Soonyoung. You're going to take over the company in a few years, right?" Mr. Jang asked after Soonyoung sat down next to Soo Jin. He seemed friendly so it was easier for Soonyoung not to lose his cool.

He shot his father a short look before he answered. "Yes, sir. I will take over as soon as my father retires." "That's good. I really want you to be able to take care of my daughter", Mr. Jang said. "You need a good job in order to feed her and your future children", he continued, causing Soonyoung to choke on his own spit. He coughed heavily and reached for the glass of water in front of him. Children?

He looked at Soo Jin. She was pretty with her long, silky, black hair and her fair skin. But she just wasn't Hansol. He almost felt bad for her. She deserved someone who loved her, someone who wasn't him.

"Let's talk about the wedding, shall we?", Mrs. Kwon spoke up. Mrs. Jang nodded enthusiastically. "I thought that maybe we could hold the ceremony at Gangnam Church. I'm good friends with the priest!" she suggested.

Soonyoung let out a silent sigh. "I think I could make an appointment for the 25th. Is that alright for you?" Mrs. Jang asked. The Kwon's smiled. "That-" "That's in tree weeks!" Soonyoung interrupted and jumped up from his seat. Everyone's eyes were on him now.

"Isn't that a little early?" he asked, quickly trying not to sound angry or freaked out. "No, I think it's perfectly fine!" Mr. Kwon said sternly. Three weeks. He couldn't get married that early. Not to this girl anyways.

"Excuse me...", Soonyoung said before he left the room and went outside to the winter garden. He used to really like it here. When did his parents become like that? They used to be warm and loving when he still lived at home.

"Soonyoung?" a soft female voice called. He turned around to find Soo Jin standing in the doorframe. "I just wanted to ask if you're okay. You left so quickly...", she said. Soonyoung waved off. "I'm fine...", he lied. It was nice of her to worry but it didn't keep him from thinking about all the things that currently went wrong.

"You seem to want this wedding just as much as I do, huh?" Soo Jin asked. Soonyoung looked at her. "You were also forced to do this?" he asked. She nodded and stepped outside to sit on the bench next to him.

"My parents found out that I'm dating the leader of a biker gang. You know, tattoos, leather jacket... He's a nice guy but my parents don't want me to be involved with someone of such 'low standard'", she explained.

"What did you do?" Soonyoung sighed at her question. "I came out to them yesterday. They didn't take it well...", he told her. "Oh...that ", Soo Jin commented. "Yeah. And now they're keeping me away from my boyfriend with this whole marriage thing. Parent goals...", he said.

Soo Jin looked like she thought about something. "if you want to see him you should invite him to the wedding. I know the circumstances but maybe it's better than nothing...", she suggested. Soonyoung nodded. "Yeah...maybe."