Heart To Heart

One Day

Jiyoon stared at Junhyung while the two food packets were in her only available hand. She never knew that this guy was so annoyingly persistent. Jiyoon scoffed in her heart. THIS.GUY.IS.UNBELIEVABLE!

 

"What?" Junhyung asked her bluntly as his lips formed a smirk. He really liked teasing her. Do you know how pretty your face is when you're angry? And not to mention it's amusing too. Everything about Jiyoon was beautiful for him. Every expression of hers was already embedded in his mind.

 

Jiyoon gritted her teeth in disbelief. She knew that he understood what was her stare was all about but he pretended to play dumb. For goodness sake, what is wrong with this guy? Is this guy really that so-called perfect Yong guy? "How can I eat when my other hand is err… still in your pocket?" Jiyoon furrowed her eyebrows.

 

Junhyung pretended to think."Hmm... I can be your other hand then," he said seriously.

 

Jiyoon's eyes dilated at his words. She could feel her cheeks reddening instantly. What kind of sick joke is this? Her heart was thumping loudly inside. "Stop fooling around, okay? Let my hand go!" Jiyoon tried to pull her hand away from his tight grip.

 

He grabbed her wrist tighter. "Do I look like I'm fooling around?" Junhyung asked her with serious expression, serious tone. I am not letting you go. Not now.

 

Jiyoon looked into his eyes and she was caught off guard. His eyes were serious but Jiyoon could nearly see something else in them. It was almost like sad longing. She shook the thought off. Jiyoon shyly looked away from him. "Whatever."

 

Junhyung's eyes searched the place. His lips formed a happy smirk when his eyes spotted a perfect place for the time being. "Let's sit on that bench first." He pointed at a nearby bench. He started walking and Jiyoon unwillingly followed him with a sour face.

 

There were no people at the place at all and Jiyoon found it weird. The place was usual full with couples. But this evening, not a single couple was there. As soon as they sat on the bench, Jiyoon's stomach growled, loud enough for Junhyung to hear.She mentally palmed her face. Yah! Stupid stomach!

 

Junhyung looked at the girl who was blushing now. Adorable. Junhyung chuckled. "You must be very hungry right now." He shoved his hand into the kimbap packet in Jiyoon's hand and took out a kimbap. "Say Aaa~" He was holding the kimbap in front of Jiyoon's mouth.

 

Jiyoon was befuddled. Yong Junhyung was going to feed her? It was the last thing she thought the Yong guy would do. Is this guy out of his mind? "Yah! Just let go of my hand! I can eat it myself." Jiyoon was blushing again. 

 

Junhyung let out a sigh. His hand was still holding the kimbap. Stubborn. As usual. "Eat this before I make you to." Junhyung sounded serious but it was not overwhelmed.

 

Jiyoon shot him a glare and bit her lower lip. No one had ever force her like that except her mother. Everyone at school was intimidated by her but not this guy. Sighing, she opened shyly. Why am I doing this again?

 

Satisfied, Junhyung smiled and fed her the kimbap. "Good girl," he praised.

 

Jiyoon felt the blood rushed to her face again. She felt thankful that it was already evening that Junhyung could not see the blush on her face. She chewed the food slowly. It was delicious as usual. Her mind went to the kind Mrs. Song. She felt grateful to have known such kind woman. From the corner of her eyes, she noticed Junhyung was watching her. She glanced at the food packets in her hand. Maybe he wants to eat too. Jiyoon swallowed the food and cleared . "Yo- you-" Jiyoon stuttered. "You should have some, too. It's delicious." She said with a fading tone.

 

Junhyung knew that Jiyoon had warmed up to him and he appreciated that. He hoped he did not give her bad impression. I'm sorry for being selfish but I just wanted to be with you for now. Swiftly, Junhyung took the packets from her hand which startled Jiyoon. "Only if you feed me," he said with a smirk.

 

It's useless to argue with this weird guy. As if she had gotten used to his weird requests, Jiyoon gave up quarreling with him. Slowly, she took a kimbap out from the packet in Junhyung's hand. "Open your mouth then."

 

Okay. That was unexpected. Junhyung was a little surprised when she followed his request with no talking back at all. He looked at her for a moment and his eyes went to the kimbap in front of him. Not so stubborn now, aren't we? His heart smiled. He took the whole kimbap in his mouth in one bite.

 

Jiyoon could not take her eyes of Junhyung while he was chewing his food. Not because of his gorgeous face but it was because he looked so comical. Jiyoon bit her lower lip as threatening to laugh. But the longer she held it, the funnier it became. Eventually, she couldn't restrain herself from laughing at the comical view, chortled.

 

Junhyung was surprised to hear her laughter. Her laughter was so pleasant to his ears. He made sure that he would remember the laughter for a long time. But he was curious in the thing that made the girl laughed. "What's so funny?" Junhyung mumbled before swallowing the food.

 

Jiyoon kept on laughing that tears were forming at the corner of her eyes. "You should look into a mirror right now! Oh my gosh! You look so funny! My stomach hurts!" Jiyoon laughed out so loud. When was the last time you have a good laugh? A voice inside her spoken.

 

Junhyung was enjoying his view. Jiyoon was laughing sincerely. Her laughter was an ear candy to his ears. From that moment, he knew that her laughter would be his new favourite music. He would like to hear it every day. She looks even breathtaking when she laughs. It was like the perfect picture for him. She's laughing. She's really laughing. I made her laugh. I have no regret now.

 

Slowly, her laughter died. She lowered his eyes to the ground and stared at her feet. A bittersweet feeling took over her. It made her eyes all teary. "It had been awhile since I laughed like that." And he made me laugh. So loud. How rare.

 

Jiyoon. Junhyung sensed the sudden change of the atmosphere. Even though Jiyoon had her eyes lowered, he caught the view of her eyes glistening with tears. He went silent. If she wants to talk, she would.

 

Eventually, Jiyoon opened . "In my whole life, the only thing I do is studying. Studying for this exam, studying for that exam. Yet I'm always at the second place. I can never beat you. In academics or sports, you'll always be in front of me," she said. Her heart ached at the fact. "Because of that, I lost my social life. I don't have many friends and boys are scared of me," she said again. She only had Gayoon and Jihyun. "I'm a scary and boring person, am I not?" Jiyoon scoffed at her own words. Why am I saying these things to him?

 

Junhyung softened at her words. All this time, he was right. He knew that Jiyoon would feel that way because she reminded him so much to his old self. Back in his middle school, he was once a boy with only books as his friends, too. But when his current best friends came into his life, everything changed. He was no longer the same Yong Junhyung whose life only accompanied by books. He finally had real life and his heart was filled with colours. And one of the colours was Jiyoon herself. Junhyung averted his eyes from Jiyoon. "Yes, you scary and boring," Junhyung bluntly replied.

 

Jiyoon threw him that death glare again. "Well, thank you for being so honest, Student Yong!" What a way to add misery to my life! To be honest, she didn't like being all scary and boring. It was not like she didn't try to do other things than facing her books but she couldn't find other things to do. She was afraid that she would fail at doing new things. She hated to fail because it would hurt her, she knew.

 

"But despite being scary and boring, I find you really wonderful, President," Junhyung continued. He meant every word that escaped from his mouth. Junhyung knew that Jiyoon only saw the weakness in herself. I shall tell you how wonderful you are, Jiyoon.

 

Rosy colour rose to her cheeks again. Her cheeks blushed too easily today and it had been the same person to make her blush over and over again. She was still wondering if she really heard him using the word 'wonderful' to describe her. Wonderful? Me?

 

The pair of his eyes met hers again, staring at her with so much admiration and affection. “You never give up, Jiyoon. You are strong. Do you know you're the inspiration of some students in the school? They look up to you. You're smart and diligent. You can even handle tons of projects in the school. You're better than the management department of the school," he chuckled.

 

Jiyoon's face when hotter and hotter each time Junhyung spoke. Am I hearing things? I'm not getting sick, am I? But as she looked into his eyes, she knew she did hear it right.

 

“You are the best student president in the whole town. You have no ideas how envious are other school to have a cool students' president who can get all things under control. And do you know that there are boys in the school who totally have crushes on you but they couldn't confess? They feel inferior as compared to you, the superior Student President." Words came out from his mouth fluently with his eyes fixed on Jiyoon's eyes as he said them.

 

Jiyoon tried to look away but she could not. She was too absorbed looking at the orbs of his eyes. Superior? Me?

 

"You're a wonderful person, Jiyoon," Junhyung said it again. The word 'wonderful' was not enough to describe the girl who was sitting beside him. He smiled sincerely at the befuddled girl. "You're pretty much perfect."

 

Holy crap! For the first time ever, Jiyoon heard the loudest thumping sounds against her chest. Jiyoon was caught off guard at his words. You're pretty much perfect. The words repeated in her head like chant. He can't possibly mean those, can he? He can't. He shouldn't.

 

Junhyung knew that she was so shocked at his words. He leaned closer to her right ear. "And I seriously meant those," Junhyung whispered at her ear, as if he could read her mind. You're perfect to me.

 

As if cold breeze had grazed over her skin, Jiyoon shivered at his whisper. And I seriously meant those. Those words replaced the old words in her head, chanting inside her. Instinctively, Jiyoon stood up quickly from her seat. Her heart was still beating so loudly. "W- We should get going now. It's getting late!" Jiyoon was dragging Junhyung. She walked too fast that her own feet were hurting but she did not dare to stop.

 

"Yah! Slow down!"

 

Jiyoon's heart clutched tightly. Don't say those things. Or else I'll believe in those lies.

 

 

 


 

 

 

bluedragon's note:

To be honest, I really don't know what is going on in a boy's mind when he is in love with someone.

So, I just wrote something that I would feel towards someone special.

But I don't have experience in these kind of stuffs and so yeah. XD

However, I do think that girls really think a lot.

Girls take notice of every single thing that comes out from people's mouth.

That's why I'm training myself so that I won't think so much. XD

Next chapter will be the final chapter.

Thank you for subscribing and for the comments.

I'm really sorry for such late update for each freaking chapter T_T

Thank you for reading this humble fic of mine ^^ ♥