Fate

One Day

 

"Here we are! My house!" Jiyoon exclaimed happily. She always had that warm feeling when she reached her house. There was really no place like home. Not even the school. Not even her beloved library. Home sweet home.

 

Junhyung formed a small smile on his lips. "Well, aren't you a little too happy?" He was so amused to see such happy expression on Jiyoon's face. It was the best expression of hers so far.

 

Jiyoon shot him with her icy glare again. "Of course I am happy. I've reached my house." She stopped talking when she noticed that he was still holding her hand firmly in his. She stared at their hands without blinking. "And you can let go of my hand and go back now."

 

Junhyung averted his sight and pretended that he did not hear her. "It's getting really cold, isn't it?" He shrugged his shoulders and he held onto Jiyoon's hand even tighter. Why does time fly when I'm around you? It's not fair.

 

Jiyoon's eyes widened as red colour crept onto her cheeks. "Yah! Didn't you hear me just now? Let my hand go, you jerk!" To be honest, she was getting nervous with the little skinship. She never held hands with other people except her mother and her best friends. Now, it was the Yong Junhyung of the school who was holding her hand tightly. Strange enough, their hands fitted perfectly. And to be honest again, she was growing a fond feeling of it.

 

Junhyung brought his eyes to meet hers again. But I don't want to let your hand go. I just want to hold your hand and never let go. How he wish he could tell Jiyoon that. A bitter smirk was formed on his lips. Eventually, he let her hand go after giving it a squeeze. Never before he had this feeling. The feeling of pain when letting go of one's hand. And the pain was tearing his inside.

 

Jiyoon herself was shocked when he let her hand go just like that. The warmness on her hand was slowly fading away while the coldness started grazing against it. She looked at her hand confusedly. As she stared, tears were forming in the corner of her eyes. She felt a sudden sadness overwhelmed her heart and the worst part was that she did not even know why. She just felt like crying. And there went a drop of tears, ran down her left cheek.

 

His eyes widened almost instantly. His knees went weak. Seeing that drop of tear really scared the life out of Junhyung. Quickly, he grabbed onto her shoulders. "Yah! What's wrong? Why are you crying? Are you hurt anywhere?" He asked anxiously and searched her face. "What's wrong, Jiyoon?"

 

Jiyoon lifted her head only to meet his eyes. She could tell that he was worried about her and it just made her even emotional. Her sight was completely blurred by her tears now. The tears ran down swiftly. What is with all these tears?

 

"Yah! Jiyoon, answer me! Why are you crying?" Junhyung shook her shoulders even harder. Nothing had ever scared Yong Junhyung but he could not stand people's tears especially if it was the girl that he liked the most. "Don't scare me like this! Jeon Jiyoon!"

 

Jiyoon was struck when she heard him called her by her full name. Her heart hurt and fluttered at the same time. It was really confusing for her because of the many emotions she was having now. Jiyoon knew that she would never ever cry without a reason and that made she cried even hard. What is wrong with me?

 

Junhyung could not watch it anymore. Immediately, he threw his arms around her and hugged her tightly. Having her in his embrace felt too good to be true that even his eyes were swelling with tears. "Please don't cry. I can't stand your tears. Please," he begged. Don't cry, please.

 

Jiyoon felt the warmness wrapping over her body and she did not protest him at all. In fact, she wanted to stay in his arms yet she did not know why. The feelings were so confusing. "I don't know why," Jiyoon said between her sobs. "When you let my hand go just now," she paused and raised the hand which Junhyung had held earlier, looking at it again. It was warm earlier but it was cold now."I just feel so sad," she continued, telling the truth.

 

Junhyung loosened his embrace just to look at Jiyoon and searched her face. Bravely, he took her face in his warm hands. "And why is that?" He felt miserable looking at her tears. He felt his heart breaking every time her tears flow out from her eyes. But hope grew as well. Could she possibly feel the same way as I do?

 

Jiyoon shook her head. How she wished she knew the reason to it. But she did not know. Really. She tried to understand her own feelings but her mind went messier as she thought. She was totally confused. "I don't know. I don't- know." She shook her head and cried harder. How I wished I knew the reason to my tears, too.

 

Suddenly, she felt a foreign warmness on her lips as Junhyung pressed his love-shaped lips onto hers. Her eyes widened. She did not see that coming at all and it took a few good seconds for Jiyoon to realize what was happening. He was kissing her. Yong Junhyung was kissing Jeon Jiyoon.

 

Junhyung was near to tears when he felt her lips against his. He had always dreamt of kissing those lips of hers. He had even wondered how they would taste if they came in contact with his. Now he was there. Standing there. Kissing the girl of his dream and the feeling he was having was something he never had before. Something he could never imagine before. It was the best feeling he could ever had. To hold her face like this. To kiss her like this. It was beyond his imagination and made his heart beat against his ribs crazily.

 

Jiyoon's body froze in his arms. Fluttered, she closed her eyelids. It was her very first kiss and she never thought that her first kiss would be that Yong guy whom was her greatest rival in everything. That Yong guy who helped her clean the blackboard as it was too high for her to reach. That same Yong guy who apologized for her at the library. That Yong guy who saved her from the broken bookshelf. That Yong guy who made her listened to a beautiful song. The same Yong guy fed her the kimbap. The Yong guy who had been holding her hand just to keep her warm until she safely reached home. Lastly, the Yong guy who was kissing her at the very moment.

 

Junhyung tore the kiss with a defeated look on his face. He connected their foreheads together and his breathing was uneven. He had always dreamt to kiss her and it came true. But a bittersweet feeling climbed up to his chest. He remembered how her eyes sparkled when she saw that Jang guy. How she smiled happily when that Jang guy talked to her. He felt as if a dagger was stabbed on his heart. It hurt.

 

Jiyoon opened her eyes only to find a rather broken down Yong Junhyung. He had that grim face as if he was in pain, heavy breathing as he inhaled the air using his mouth, and he was clutching firmly onto her shoulders as if he would pass out any moment. "Student Yong…" she called calmly. She did not even realized that her tears stopped coming out from her eyes. Her concern was only towards the boy now.

 

As she called his last name, his grip on her shoulders tightened. "You've never called me by my full name, Jeon Jiyoon. Never," Junhyung said against her lips. "Why is that?"

 

Jiyoon was taken aback by his statement and question. I've never called him by his full name? She repeated the statement in her head. She tried to recollect her recent memories. Now that he mentioned it, she realized it. She really never called him by his name. She only call him as Yong guy in her head and Student Yong when she called for him formally. But never even once she called him as Yong Junhyung. She did not notice this before and she did not even sure why.

 

"Jeon Jiyoon, why can't you call me by my name?" Junhyung asked her again, more desperate this time. Why was he the one who look broken here? "Is it that hard for you to call me by name? Jeon Jiyoon, answer me." He bit his lower lip which was quivering.

 

Jiyoon felt her body trembled as he called her by her full name again and again. It was strange how he could make it sounded so perfect each time he pronounced her name. It sounded different as compared to her mother's, the teachers' and her best friends'. She did not answer him for she had no answer for his question. As their foreheads were connected, her eyes could only see his lips. Those perfect love-shaped lips. Those soft lips which were just on hers just now.

 

Seeing her eyeing his lips like that made him restless. He gave out a long heavy sigh before he went forward, cupping her face, only to capture her lips with his again. There went the same electricity ran through his nerves heading directly to his spine. It was torturing him.

 

She opened her eyes as he tore the second kiss. She was not going to lie about the kiss. The kiss made her heart thumped so loud but not as loud as the first kiss. She looked at the boy who looked much sadder than before. And her heart ached at the view.

 

Slowly, his hand left Jiyoon's face. He could kiss her all night long but it would be weird. They did not have that kind of relationship that allowed him to do so. How I wish you were mine, Jiyoon. Slowly, he turned his back on her as he decided to go back now and was ready to take his steps.

 

"Yong-" Jiyoon quickly grabbed onto his bag. "Junhyung…" She finally called out his full name. New feeling was forming from the core of her heart as she called him by his own name. "Junhyung…" she said it again as faint as she could. The feeling grew.

 

Junhyung swore that his heart stopped for a second just now. His eyes were so wide. Closing his eyes, he bit his jaw, trying to calm himself. Did she really call me by my name? He spun around again to look at the standing girl. He swallowed his saliva. Should he ask? What if it was only his delusion? "Did I hear that right?" He ended up asking.

 

Jiyoon innocently nodded at his question and her cheeks went crimson. "Your name," she paused, trying to find the right words to say."Doesn't sound bad at all, Jun-" she stuttered. “Junhyung," she managed to finish the syllable. The feeling grew even bigger.

 

In a nick of time, she was in his arms again. She was in his warm embrace again. He was hugging her petite body so firmly that she could even feel the beating of his heart against her body. Strange enough, she liked the way his heart beat.

 

"Say my name again," Junhyung pleaded desperately. Never before he begged people only to get them to say his name. My ears are playing trick on me, right? "Please. Say my name again."

 

Jiyoon's heart ached badly seeing him in the desperate situation. Never before she saw the almighty Yong Junhyung begged desperately like it was going to be the end of his life. Innocently, she blinked her eyes for a few times before her lips started to move again. "Junhyung," she said clearly this time and there went the whole new feeling again. Growing bigger and bigger each passing time. It was overwhelming her soul just like he was overwhelming her with his warm body. "Yong Junhyung."

 

"Screw all this!" Junhyung could not take it anymore. He could not hide his feelings anymore. He would tell everything now. "I love you, Jiyoon," Junhyung conveyed his feeling in heavy breaths. He did hear that right. It was not a dream. She did call him by his name. How could she make his name sounds so freaking special when she said it? He could hardly see when his tears blurred his sight. He knew that he was in love with the girl. Severely in love. "I can't hold this feeling of mine any longer," he said with choppy breaths. "Oh God, I love you so much that it's crazy."

 

Jiyoon felt as if her body was falling into an endless dimension. Falling, falling and falling. For the first time in her life, someone confessed his love to her. And he was Yong Junhyung. Out of all the boys in the school, the one who confessed his love to her was Yong Junhyung. Out of all people, the one who confessed his love to her was her greatest rival. The irony. Surprisingly, Jiyoon's hands found their way to Junhyung's back and she hugged him tightly. A faint smile formed on her lips. She patted his back, comforting him. As if all the pieces were put into their places, she understood everything. She could relate everything now.

 

The reason why she cannot call him by his name.

 

The only reason why she cannot call him by his name was that she was afraid if she did, she would not be able to control herself from falling for him. She still remembered one time in the summer sports day; all the girls were shouting his name loudly as their cheered for him on his events. Junhyung, Junhyung and more Junhyung. His name was the only thing she could hear at that time. Her heart ached. And it was not a usual ache. It ached badly. She mistook that as her envious thoughts. Junhyung who was practically good at anything. Junhyung who was treated like some kind of Demi-god.  And she hated it so much. Since then, she had built a wall against the name of the boy. Calling his name was a taboo for her. But now she knew that all this time she was able to ignore the feelings she had for him by calling him by his last name. She was afraid if she did call him as Junhyung, her feelings for him would grow and the wall that she built with all her heart will crumble down. All this time she had been denying the feeling by calling him as the Yong guy. She knew that the feelings she had for Jang Hyunseung were total admirations. Not more than that. But her heart would not let her accept the fact. Thus, she used it as total excuses, denying her feelings for this boy. But now, she would not deny it any longer because deep inside, she knew that all these time, she had lost her heart to the boy.

 

 

"I think I feel the same way to you, too, Yong Junhyung," she stated it clearly, without hesitation, without any regret. She had never been so confident at stating a statement before. But this time it was not a mere statement. She was stating her heart.

 

Totally taken aback by her words, Junhyung loosened his embrace only to look at her. He knew that she was a straightforward girl but he never knew that she was that blunt. He overlooked that character of hers. He searched her eyes. Those innocent lovely eyes that always drown him down into insanity. "Do you really mean that?" Please. You could toy with everything I have. Everything but my heart.

 

Jiyoon's eyes softened at the stunned Junhyung. She nodded fervently. "Yes, I do," she said, cupping his face with her cold hand, feeling the warmness of his face transferring onto her palms. It felt nice. I'm sure of it now. No doubt. Not even a bit.

 

Again, Junhyung tried to search the lie in her words through her eyes. He read her eyes and ended up only finding the truth behind of her words. His heart beamed inside, threatening to explode anytime. "So, you're saying that you love me, too?" He asked again.

 

Hearing such innocent question, a smile crept onto her plump lips. "Pretty much, yes," she replied amiably. And I could say it sooner if I didn't deny this stubborn heart of mine. "I'm sorry for making you wait this long." Jiyoon was surprised with her own words. They came out naturally and she said them straight at his face.

 

"What in the wor- Is this even real?" Junhyung could not seem to get himself together at the moment. He was so happy that he thought that he could die any moment. He had his fist covering his mouth. He bit it before he flinched at the pain he had caused to himself. He felt pain. This is real. It is not a dream. He looked at the girl in front of him. Love filled his heart in a heartbeat. He wrapped his arms around Jiyoon again, lifted her and started to spin her around. "Jeon Jiyoon loves me! She's in love with me!"

 

Jiyoon was so startled and scared that she would fall down. "Yah! Yong Junhyung! Put me down! I'm getting dizzy! Yah!" Jiyoon said loudly. But deep inside her heart, she wanted to shout the same thing as Junhyung, too. She wanted to shout that she was indeed in love with Junhyung.

 

Junhyung listened to her. He stopped spinning her around and carefully made her stood on her feet again. She made him feel so special just by saying his name. So, this is the feeling. The feeling of being the happiest guy in the whole world. He rested his arms on Jiyoon's shoulders and connected their foreheads. He could feel her breaths again. He could hear her breaths. They were warm and sweet. He thoughtfully bit his lower lip again when her lips caught his eyes' attention yet again. "So, can I kiss you?" He felt silly for asking the question when he had already stole two kisses from her just now.

 

As if she was used to the situation now, she gave him her sweetest smile. Using her right hand, Jiyoon caressed his jawline and her thumb travelled along the line of his lower lip's line. Those kissable lips of him. "I heard from somewhere that we should never ask for kisses." Now, where did that come from? She leaned in closer. "You just," she paused and smiled again. "Kiss." Slightly tip-toeing, she pressed her lips on his and there went that warm feeling again, growing more and more as they deepened the kiss. The cold breeze surrounded them but they felt nothing but the warmness of each other wrapping them.

 


 

 

 

 

bluedragon's last and longest note:

Finally, One Day reaches it's own 0000. /claps/ Well, it's not really 0000 but yeah. =) (Boo~ /throws brick at self/)

I love this pair very much so I wanted to make sure there are less grammar mistakes for the last chapter.

I want everything to be almost perfect for JunYoon. The conversations, the feelings, the kiss.

(Even though I know the ending is like "bleh, what is this crying-hugging-kissing-confessing-and-kissing-again crap? =_=")

Please spare me my life because I am just weird like that. You know me, right? ^_^

To tell you all the truth, I got the idea for the full name thingy from an anime. 

The female character always calls the male character with his last name, never his own name.

(And the male character will always finds ways to get her to call him by his own name.)

The reason is somehow like the one in this chapter. To deny one's own feeling.

I really do think that some people are facing the same thing. In denial of your own feelings.

It's better to the tell the person that you like him/her because keeping the feelings just to yourself will hurt you badly.

I know I have no rights to talk about this love stuffs because I never been in a relationship before. /bricks myself/

Thank you for subscribing, commenting, waiting freaking patiently for the last chapter.

Seriously, you all are such lovely readers. How can I repay your kindness? ;_;

This is all I could do. I hope all of you enjoyed the 10 Chapters of One Day.

Again, thank you for being with me all these time. I love you all.