Saved

One Day

 

Jiyoon was putting back the books at the oldest wooden book rack in the library, the book rack near the wall. It looked really old and wobbly.

 

 

It looks unsafe to me. Thank goodness there aren't students around. I'll report this to the maintenance department later. Jiyoon thought to herself yet she kept placing the books.

 

 

Suddenly, she tripped over the ladder against the rack.

 

 

SHREK!

 

 

The rack started to wobble hard and Jiyoon looked up only to find the books on the upper started sliding down.

 

 

Jiyoon have no time to run at all. Snap! It's going to fall! I'm a dead meat!

 

 

"Jiyoon!" It was the last voice she heard as the books fell down. She shut her eyes tightly.

 

 

Eh? Why can't I feel the books? Am I dead? And what is this? Floor?

 

 

She opened her eyes slowly. Yong guy?

 

 

And there was Junhyung, topping her. Her head was in between his arms as they were on the floor to support his weight. Sweats were forming on his forehead. The books were all over the floor now. The book rack was leaning against the wall now.

 

 

He… He saved me?

 

 

And there went the last book fell directly on Junhyung's head.

 

 

"Now, that hurts." Junhyung spoke up.

 

 

"Yah! Are you okay? Let's get out from these books first."

 

 


 

 

"Are you okay? Did you break your spine? Did you lose your memories? Yah! Speak!" Jiyoon tapped Junhyung's shoulders again and again. She even poked his cheeks. "What's my name? Wait… What's your name? Wait… How many fingers are these?" She showed four of her fingers in front of his face.

 

 

He was wearing that smirk again. She's worried about me. That's good enough.

 

 

"Yah! Answer me!"

 

 

He grabbed her hand. "Four. My name is Yong Junhyung. And you are Jeon Jiyoon. The excellent Student President." And the girl of my dream.

 

 

Subconsciously, Jiyoon threw her arms around Junhyung's neck. "Thank goodness you're okay. I was worried that you might die or something."

 

 

Junhyung's heart started to thump crazily again. He was stoned. His palms were sweating. He could feel that his world was spinning.

 

 

Jiyoon opened her eyes in shock. She pushed Junhyung hard and he fell on the floor again. Why the heck was I hugging this guy?

 

 

"Ouch! What was that for?" Junhyung rubbed his .

 

 

"I'm… I'm going to report this matter to the maintenance department," Jiyoon nervously answered. You stupid heart! Stop beating that loud!

 

 

Junhyung was so amused. I'll never understand you, Jeon Jiyoon.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

bluedragon's note:

I love wooden bookshelf but it gets scary when it's old and wobbly. =(

This is such a cliche drama scene. Please forgive me for this. XD

I just love when somebody's panicking. XD

I wonder if there is any incident like this in real life. =O

I could never imagine that one would go this far to save someone.

I wonder what kind of feelings they have.

Anyway, thanks a bunch for reading this lame and slow progress fic.^^