Mistaken

One Day

 

They were going to pass by a food stall which Jiyoon knew the owner. Nervously, she tried to hide her face using her book in her hand when they were passing by. Please! Don't call my name please! She prayed in her heart.

 

 

"Jiyoon-ah!"

 

 

Jiyoon's hope shattered immediately.

 

 

Junhyung stopped walking after hearing Jiyoon's name being called. His eyes averted to the direction of the unfamiliar lady. The lady was in her forties with a gentle look in her eyes and she gave out warm feelings. The few wrinkles around her eyes didn't make her less beautiful. Junhyung faced Jiyoon and as if they had telepathy, he asked silently in his mind. Do you know this lady?

 

 

Indeed, I do. Jiyoon smiled awkwardly at him and nodded once. She lowered her book, turned to face the older lady. Tucking her hair behind her ear, Jiyoon smiled sweetly at the lady. "Err… Good evening, Mrs. Song."

 

 

Mrs. Song returned her smile warmly. "Good evening, our Jiyoon. It was you indeed. Why were you covering your face just now?"

 

 

I need to find a good reason now! Brain, help me! "Ah, about that? I forgot to bring along my umbrella today and it was raining earlier. So, I used my book as an alternative," Jiyoon answered confidently and smiled sheepishly. It was not a total bluff. She did forget her umbrella but the latter statement was not true at all. She could never tell Mrs. Song the real reason. Never.

 

 

Mrs. Song nodded at her answer. " You're right. The rain has just stopped, right?" She was looking at the sky while saying those. Suddenly, her eyes went to the unfamiliar face of a young boy.  "Good evening to you, young man."

 

 

Facing the older lady, he stood straight in and gave her his 90 degree bow. "Good evening to you too, Ma'am. How is your business today?" He was naturally creating a good atmosphere for his first encounter with the lady.

 

 

Immediately, Jiyoon threw her shock look at Junhyung. He was kept on surprising her. She had never thought that the well-mannered side of him was so dominant. He shown it at the library earlier but she didn't want to believe it. But this time around, Jiyoon was doubting her own thought.

 

 

"Well, not so well due to the rain," Mrs. Song replied him with disappointed expression. Suddenly, her eyes spotted something interesting. Junhyung was holding Jiyoon's hand tightly in his blazer's pocket. She frowned. "May I know your name, young man?"

 

 

"Certainly." Junhyung picked up the tense situation instantly. She let her guard on when she noticed I'm holding Jiyoon's hand. "My name is Yong Junhyung. I am Jiyoon's schoolmate. It's really my pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Song."

 

 

"Oh? But I never see you before," she paused. "And why are you holding our Jiyoon's hand like that?" Mrs. Song threw more questions at him. Her nature as a mother of three made the situation tense.

 

 

Why is this atmosphere became so tense? Jiyoon looked at Mrs. Song and back to Junhyung. She finally realized the tense situation they were in. "Ah, Mrs. Song, about that-"

 

 

"I'm walking Jiyoon home today because I'm worried about her." Junhyung cut Jiyoon's sentence. His words were so straightforward and clear. He said them confidently, too.

 

 

Astonished, Jiyoon palmed her face. Why did he say that? Now Mrs. Song will have the wrong idea about this.

 

 

There was an sudden silence between the three people until Mrs. Song's lips curved into a smile.

 

 

"Whoa! What a nice young man you are, Junhyung-sshi!"

 

 

Her eyes widened instantly. Jiyoon was completely shocked by the sudden change of Mrs. Song's expression. I thought she was going to shout at him or something!

 

 

"How could you, Jiyoon-ah? Why didn't you introduce your boyfriend before?"

 

 

"Eh?" Jiyoon pointed at her own face. "My… My boy- boyfriend?!" Her eyes went wide. This Yong guy? My boyfriend? Never!

 

 

Junhyung chuckled at her reaction. Now that's a good assumption. Junhyung restrained himself from laughing when Jiyoon nudged him on the ribs.

 

 

"It's not like that, Mrs. Song. Aish, how do I explain this?" Jiyoon was all flustered. Why can't I explain this situation?

 

 

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, Jiyoon-ah. I'm happy that you have a companion now. I was worried before because you were always alone. Junhyung-sshi, please look after Jiyoon. She's a really nice girl." Mrs. Song requested him sincerely.

 

 

Junhyung's eyes softened at the older lady's request. He smiled faintly and squeezed Jiyoon's hand which was still in his pocket. "Thank you for looking after Jiyoon all this time. Yes, I will look after her. Don't worry, Mrs. Song." Even if you don't request it, Mrs. Song, I will willingly look after her.

 

 

Jiyoon got her eyes fixed on Junhyung. Her hand was so warm now. So was her heart. She didn't believe that she would be hearing those words coming out from Yong Junhyung, the school's heartthrob. She tried to deny his words. There is no way he meant them. No way.

 

 

"Would you two have some kimbap and ddukbokki to warm yourself up? Oh and don't worry, it's on the house." Mrs. Song offered the two teenagers and smiled.

 

 

Jiyoon eyes grew round. "Really? We would love to have some!" She was jumping a little. It would be a lie if she said she doesn't want them. She had always loved fast food especially the ones that homemade by Mrs. Song. In fact, her stomach had been roaring to be fed just now.

 

 

Junhyung gazed at the happy Jiyoon. She said 'we'. Such simple word could make him so happy inside. He also learnt something new about her, too. She could be so simple inside yet so complicated at the same time. Jeon Jiyoon, you are so unpredictable.

 

 

"Here you go, Jiyoon-ah. Eat a lot, okay?" Mrs. Song handed her two packets of food. One was kimbap and the other one was ddukbokki. "Please have a safe trip home you two." The older lady gave them a warm smile.

 

 

Gratefully, Jiyoon took the packets from her. She bowed to her. "We'll leave now. Thank you for the food, Mrs. Song," Jiyoon sincerely thanked the lady.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

bluedragon's note:

I am so sorry for the late update, guys ;~;

It's only the beginning of the new semester but already have assignments.

But don't worry one two chapters left and I'll try to update the fic as soon as possible.

By the way, I really want to eat those Korean food from the food stalls so much >.<

Especially when the weathers are cold. I bet they taste even delicious.

Mrs. Song is such a lovely person.

Kind people always make me feel so warm and shy inside.

Don't you just love being around kind people? ^_^

Thank you for reading, guys.

 

p/s:

Currently reading dbskgirl4ever's Badass Oppas.

She is forever writing fun and enjoyable fics to read ^_^ Check it out!