Chapter 9, Faded Melodies

Faded Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s

 

Jin eyes twitched open.

“Ugh…” Jin held his head. His head hurt like and he couldn’t get up. He looked around and found himself on the bed, with blanket covered him. “Jungkook?” Jin called. “Jungkook?” he called again. There’s no answer. Jin moved his feet and stepped on the floor. The world around him started to spin again and he had to hold on to the things so he won’t fall.

“Jin?” Jungkook appeared when Jin reached for the doorframe.

“Jungkook…” Jin lost his balance but Jungkook managed to catch him.

“Jin, Jin go back to rest” Jungkook lifted Jin and placed him on the bed again. Jin shook his head.

“No.. no.. I don’t want to…” Jin weakly struggled from Jungkook. “I’m sorry.. I’m so sorry Jungkook…” Jin had tears in his eyes again and Jungkook’s heart broke when he realized how much he hurt his angel.

“Shusshh…” Jungkook pushed Jin to the matrass and hugged him. “It’s okay, I’m just being dumb. I’m sorry I left you. I’m sorry for being selfish and ignored how you felt” Jungkook kissed the angel’s forehead and Jin calmed down.

“Please don’t leave me again. I’m scared” Jin curled in Jungkook’s arm.

“Yes, yes I promised you. Now let’s sleep. You’re tired” Jungkook pulled the blanket to cover them both.

“You won’t leave me again?”

“Never”

 

**

 

When Jin woke up in the morning, his body feel better, he touched his bandaged head. He was sure his wound all healed. Jin looked to the side and there’s no Jungkook. He started to panic, but when he heard water droplets from the bathroom, he sighed in relief.

Not long after, Jungkook came out from the bathroom and found his angel already sat on the bed, opening his bandage and tossing it to the trashcan. He found it cute how Jin having hard time pulling off his tee from his head. The angel combed his hair with his finger and suddenly jumped out to the mirror. He examined his wound and found nothing.

“You’re awake” Jungkook leaned on the doorframe, causing Jin to jump in surprise.

“You scared me!” Jin looked at him in horror and Jungkook chuckled. “My wounds all healed, I become pretty again, yay!” Jin punched the air with his fists and Jungkook shook his head in disbelieve. He was glad his angel back.

“Babe” Jungkook started while putting on his tee.

“Hm?” Jin turned around and stared at Jungkook dumbly. Jungkook somehow felt desperate. He knew Jin is going to leave him very soon. He already missed how Jin would look at him curiously with those brown orbs.

“I have made breakfast, let’s eat” Jungkook circled his right arm on Jin’s waist and kissed his temple. Jungkook loved how the angel would blush everytime Jungkook kissed him.

“What do you-” Jin held his head when the world suddenly spinning around him again. Jungkook was quick to response, he held Jin’s body and lifted the angel up to the bed.

“Stay here, I’ll bring the breakfast” Jungkook kissed Jin’s forehead and left. Jin was trying to erase the pain in his head. He whimpered and knocking his head several times. Letting out all of his healing power to help him. It works, but slowly.

When Jungkook came with the tray, Jin’s headache already gone and he welcomed Jungkook with a wide grin.

“Did Jungkookie cook for me?” Jin moved aside so Jungkook could sit next to him.

“Yes princess, now gimme a kiss and we’re going to eat” Jungkook leaned down and Jin gladly pecked his lips. “No, you can’t touch the chopstick nor the spoon, I’ll feed you” Jungkook pulled the blanket over Jin and Jin couldn’t be happier.

“You don’t have to pamper me this much, Kookie” Jin playing with the blanket.

“I want to” Jungkook already had a bowl of rice poured with shrimp soup, Jin’s favorite. “I don’t know if this taste okay but it’s edible” Jungkook blew air to the spoon and gestured Jin to open his mouth. Jin chewed it with a smile.

“It isn’t bad Jungkook, I like it” Jin received another spoonful of food. Suddenly Jin’s eyes widened. “Kookie! You’ll be late to work!”

Jungkook held the angel back and shook his head. “No, I already got permission from Tae and others. I won’t go to work till next Monday” Jungkook mixed the rice with the soup again. “Aaah?” Jungkook asked Jin to open his mouth again.

“Is that okay? I’m sorry for disturbing your work…” Jin said while munching his food.

“Don’t talk with your mouth full, babe” Jungkook caressed Jin’s hair. Jin sighed and nodded.

“Shall we go somewhere today? Come ooon it’s boring to stay home all day” Jin whined and pouted. He knew Jungkook would give up once he pouted.

“No babe, you’re sick and we don’t want you to faint on the road”

“Please…? Please Jungkookie…” Jin begged with his puppy eyes and Jungkook felt like dying. “Please…” Jin begged the last time.

“Fine. Where do you want to go?” Jungkook knew he would never win against Jin’s puppy eyes.

“Let’s go to the beach! I wanted to feel the breeze and oh! I think I could smell the sea from here” Jin pretended to sniff and Jungkook laugh.

“Yes, okay. To the sea then. We’re leaving in fifteen minutes. Let’s finish your food and I’ll prepare our belongings” at this, Jin nodded furiously and took the bowl from Jungkook’s hand.

“Let me finish this babe, you haven’t touch your food yet” Jin stated sternly with his intimidating glare that Jungkook found to be funny.

“Yes captain”

 

**

 

Jin opened the window of Taehyung’s car (that Jungkook borrowed till Monday) and inhaled the fresh air on the way to the beach. He can’t stop grinning since he plopped on the passenger seat beside Jungkook. Jungkook had a calm smile on his lips and he opened the window as well.

Jin started to sing the song that Jungkook and him were working on. Jungkook glanced at the angel and joined the angel by humming. Strangely, their voice matched. Jungkook was glad at least they have finished half of the song. Suddenly Jin stop singing.

“What’s the matter?” Jungkook asked while turning the wheels.

“Nothing, it just that… I actually hated the lyrics” Jin smiled and playing with his fingers on his lap.

“Why? Is it that bad?”

“No, it isn’t bad bad. It just that the meaning of the lyric match perfectly on my situation” Jin smiled bitterly and Jungkook’s smile fell.

That’s.. right…

Jungkook suddenly feel nervous.

There’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter