Chapter 3, Free furniture?

Faded Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s

 

Seokjin never felt sad, he always been happy. Angels tend to always be happy. But this time Jin felt something tight in his chest and his mind is a mess. He could feel his heart throbbing painfully and then his tangled mind went blank. He just stood there in front of Jungkook’s bed, shaking. He dislike harsh words, he couldn’t stand curse, and his heart is fragile. The last thing Jin wanted was crying, but hell he couldn’t stand it anymore.

Jungkook sat on the kitchen table. He rubbed his temple several times. Trying to erase some bad feeling in his chest. In front of him, there are plates and foods. Jin cooked for him but he threw him away and blurted so many harsh words. Jungkook was just carried away with his morning mood which is always bad.

He was a cold person, clearly. But he’s not a bad person. He dislike being guilty and he wasn’t an ungrateful brat. Jungkook might be a little hard but it doesn’t mean that he likes to hurt someone. Jungkook rubbed his face tiredly and grabbed his daily dose of milk. He couldn’t lie, he’s still a kid who’s having hard time controlling their anger.

After finishing a glass of milk, Jungkook went back to his room, at least he could apologize to the angel and so far, he didn’t hear door being opened or closed. That’s mean Jin still in the house.

Jungkook was about to enter his room when he heard a faint sobs from inside. He walked faster only to freeze when he saw Jin sitting on his window sill, his wings flung open and the angel was crying with his mouth covered. That moment, Jungkook knew there’s nothing more painful than seeing an angel crying, it give chills all over his body in a very uncomfortable way. His heart ache for no reason and he felt like crying. The atmosphere was very thick and all that he feels was only sadness. Jungkook quickly collected himself and approached the angel.

“Hey, uh look, I’m sorry” Jungkook stood behind the angel. When the sobs stopped, he knew Jin heard him. So, Jungkook continued his apology. “Listen, about what I said, I didn’t really mean it. I just woke up and my feeling still messed up. And yeah. It’s just my morning mood. I’m a grumpy oldman when I woke up” Jungkook looked downward at the floor, his hand rest on his back and he slightly pouting. Clearly, he looked like a child who was caught stealing candy from the jar.

Seokjin didn’t response at first. The angel just sitting there, still with his wings opened. Jin’s lack of response worried Jungkook. The angel was unusually quiet. The wind that blew to Jin’s hair made him look more angelic than usual. Jungkook ran his sight back to the figure on the window. Jin still managed to look dazzling even only in his white t-shirt. It’s like there’s something bright coming out from the angel and the atmosphere is comfortable too. Relaxing and calming. Just like Jungkook’s favorite.

“You can stay if you still want to. Sorry” Jungkook sighed and turned his heels. When he was about to reach the door, he felt something grab his hand and Jungkook instantly knew who did that.

“I-I’m not mad…” Seokjin raspy voice echoed through the room. “I just…” Jungkook turned his sight at the angel and found Jin moving nervously behind him. Jungkook let go Jin’s grasp until the angel look straight to his eyes.

“Have you eaten something?” Jungkook suddenly asked, surprising the angel.

“Huh..?”

“I asked you, have you eaten? There’s plenty of food on the kitchen table but I knew they are untouched” the corner of Jungkook’s lips twitched upward. At this, Jin shook his head.

“I haven’t” answered Jin.

Jungkook took Jin’s hand and dragged him outside the room. “I’m hungry. I don’t think I can finish them all by myself” the younger didn’t spare Jin a glance, but Jin knew Jungkook was now welcoming him, and it made his smile grew again.

 

**

 

Jungkook walked inside the company building with a brand new spirit. He was very excited to work at his dream company. When Namjoon said that Jungkook can start work on Monday, the younger had to hide his super enthusiasm because it wasn’t cool.

Jungkook entered the lift and he met with a tall guy with sharp eyes. He greeted him with a slight bow. When the stranger sharp eyes broke into a friendly crescent, Jungkook felt relaxed. At least he knew the people here are very welcoming.

“Hello, I never saw you here, perhaps you’re new?” the stranger with baritone voice greeted him.

“Yes, I start work from today” Jungkook simply answered.

“Goodluck then! Oh, I need to inform you, the bathroom in the end of fifth floor corridor is under-construction, and don’t go there” the stranger warned Jungkook.

“Thank you” Jungkook felt kind of odd, actually he didn’t need the information and the janitor must be put a sign about the broken toilet. He decided to get along with it and now he was no longer paying attention to the stranger, but when he saw a hand in front of him, he knew this person couldn’t be ignored.

“I’m Kim Taehyung” The man smiled warmly at Jungkook. Jungkook returned Taehyung’s smile with his professional smile and took the hand.

“Jeon Jungkook” with that the conversation over.

 

When the elevator dinged at sixth floor, Jungkook walked out. He didn’t expect that Taehyung will came out too.

“We’re on the same floor!” Taehyung raised his fist cheerfully while Jungkook just nodded. Jungkook noticed that Taehyung took the same way as him. When he reached the glass door he turned to Taehyung.

“You work in this department too?” asked Jungkook slightly surprise. Taehyung blinked several times before his eyes widened.

“Oh… Oh!” Taehyung suddenly grinned widely. “Are you by any chance my new co-worker?! Namjoon hyung said I have a new partner. Are you working for composing department?” The two walked inside the roo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter