Chapter 10. reflection

Faded Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s

 

Five years later…

 

 

 

 

“AAAAARRGGHHHH” Taehyung groaned once a piece of jenga that he pulled slowly shook the other and the jenga tower collapsed.

“I told you to be careful” Jimin patted Taehyung’s back with a sly smile on his lips. Taehyung’s shoulder slumped and he pouted at his husband. “Don’t pout. You’re too old for that” Jimin chuckled.

“Meanie!” Taehyung smacked Jimin’s shoulder. “I’m only thirty Chim! Thirty!” Taehyung puffed his cheeks.

“That’s old” a voice from behind made Taehyung and Jimin turned their heads.

“Kook! Don’t say anything just because you’re turning into an adult!” Taehyung protest while swinging a piece of jenga in front of the younger’s face. Jungkook scrunched his nose. “Oh! Are you hungry? Jimin and I just bought a box of doughnut, come here! Have a bite” without warning Taehyung pushed Jungkook to the nearest chair causing the younger’s eyes widened and pushed the chair to stand beside his chair.

“Don’t ever do that again” Jungkook shot him a glare. “You almost killed me” Jungkook exhaled.

“Nah, I won’t kill you. Your funeral is expensive” Taehyung ignored an unbelievable stare from Jungkook. “Here. We saved the blueberry one for you” Taehyung shoved the doughnut to Jungkook’s face and Jungkook hurriedly took the doughnut before Taehyung dropped it to his pants.

“Oh my God” Jungkook sighed. He turned to Jimin. “How did you manage to stay with him? He’s impossible” Jungkook cursed under his breath and Jimin laughed.

“I don’t know” Jimin looked at Jungkook desperately but Jungkook caught a small smile behind those lips and he shook his head.

“You two are hopeless” Jungkook commented. “By the way thanks” Jungkook motioned to the doughnut on his hand at Taehyung.

“You’re always welcome Kook” Taehyung said while rummaging his bag. “Aha” he shout when he found a small flashdisk and quickly went to his computer. “Sorry, I need to work on this, you two can continue chit chatting” Taehyung disappeared to the recording room.

Jungkook and Jimin shared a glance.

“Oh!” Taehyung’s head popped out again. “Please keep those for me, two are enough” Taehyung pointed the doughnut and winked. He disappeared again.

Jimin and Jungkook sighed in union. Taehyung is impossible.

“Hyung, I’m going out for a moment. I need coffee” Jungkook put his jacket on and Jimin waved him a goodbye. The youngman walked out from the room.

 

Jungkook walked on the pedestrian way to his favorite coffee shop. He needs his daily dose of caramel macchiato. Jungkook paid attention to the surrounding as he walked pass by the road. On his left, there are shops, boutique, and clothing store with giant glass wall to peek inside. Jungkook’s step halted once he got caught of his reflection on one of the shop’s glass wall. He looked down at his chest where a small golden necklace with wings pendant hanged. Jungkook smiled, his hand lifted to wrap the pendant with his palm and a warmth yet sad feeling crept to his chest. There’s a quick flash of someone face in his mind. He smiled, erasing the sickening feeling that started to fulfill his stomach. He glanced once again at his reflection before decided to continue walking down the coffee shop.

Jungkook’s breath hitched when he saw a reflection of faint figure across the street, smiling at him. Jungkook’s eyes widened and his mouth hanging open.

Those eyes…

Those lips..

That smile…

Jungkook turned around in lightning speed to look across the street. Eyes still wide open.

No one there except the ordinary pedestrian.

Jungkook gathered his mind and sighed, closing his eyes. He calmed down his uncontrollable heartbeat. He was hallucinating. He saw him. Standing with the same smile on his lips. Jungkook shook his head and continued to walk. He really needs his coffee.

Jungkook was waiting for the traffic light turning red when he saw a very old lady standing alone with her stick. Jungkook smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter