Chapter 8, bruises

Faded Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s

 

Five days left…

Jin thought. They were still on the bed with blanket draped over them. Jungkook was sleeping peacefully beside him. He glanced at the clock.

 

03.13 a.m

 

Jin couldn’t sleep. Night time was the only moment he can express his feeling. He moved closer to Jungkook and stared at Jungkook’s face. Since the day Hoseok announce there’s not much time left, he couldn’t help but staring at Jungkook’s face everynight.

I love you so much…

Jin bit his lips but it was no use since his tears still flowing down on his cheeks.

I love you so much Jungkook…

Jin kissed Jungkook’s forehad.

Please don’t forget me when I’m gone...

Jin’s lips trembled.

 

The morning came and Jungkook was shocked when he saw bruises on Jin’s body. The angel still sleeping peacefully. Jungkook examined several bruise on Jin’s body. He sighed when he knew he was the one who made them. Last night, when they were making love at the beach of nowhere.

Jungkook’s brows furrowed. He remembered Jin said that he can heal himself fast. The bruises supposed to disappear right after it created. Jungkook counted how many hours has passed since they came back to the apartment.

Six hours…

Jungkook rubbed his face tiredly. Clearly something wrong happened to Jin and the angel was too stubborn to share it with him. Jungkook’s eyes widened when a single thought of Jin started to be human appeared on his mind.

But how come…?

Jungkook swiped Jin’s bang from his face. Jin looked totally different from the first time they met. The angel have no flaws at all when they first met. Now Jin had his eyebags, bruises, and also the angel get tired easily.

Jungkook shook the angel awake. His eyebrows furrowed again when Jin didn’t response. He knew Jin was light sleeper, a single touch can woke the angel up. But when Jungkook shook him this time, Jin didn’t even move a finger.

“Jin…” Jungkook started to panic. He shook Jin again. “Seokjin? Love?” Jungkook tapped Jin’s cheek several times. “God what happened?! Jin!” Jungkook started to panic, he shook Jin’s body harder. When Jin moved his face and make an annoyed expression, Jungkook sighed in relief. The angel turned his body and hug the bolster to get more sleep. “God you scared me…” Jungkook’s shoulder slumped back. “Jin, wake up. It’s morning already” Jungkook smiled and poked the angel’s nose.

Jin scrunched his face and slowly opened his eyes. He rubbed his eyes several times. After his vision is clear, he smiled.

“Good morning, Kookie” Jin smiled at him dumbly.

“Yeah, good morning too. Get up, Mr angel, we need to take shower” Jungkook pulled Jin’s hand.

“Okay okay…” Jin got up and yawned. “What do you want for breakfast?” Jin rubbed his eyes and Jungkook found it super cute. He pinched Jin’s cheeks.

“I want you” Jungkook chuckled. Jin’s face quickly became red and he hit Jungkook with the pillow. Jungkook stop laughing when he accidentally saw Jin’s bruises. “Uh.. I think bacon and eggs sounds great” Jungkook kissed Jin’s cheek and quickly got up. “I’ll shower first, you cook breakfast babe”  with that Jungkook left.

“Aish that brat” Jin chuckled and get off of the bed. He was about to stand but he can’t feel his feet. Jin felt with a thud and he was breathing heavily. “Please…” Jin stared sadly at his feet. “Hold on a little bit longer yeah?” Jin struggled to collect himself together, he can’t let Jungkook see what happened.

 

**

 

Jungkook was working on the recording studio with Jimin and Taehyung. They were listening to Jimin’s sing from the recording room. Taehyung can’t stop smiling seeing his husband sing.

“You’re creepy. Stop smiling and distracting Jimin hyung” Jungkook commented.

“Don’t care” Taehyung didn’t even return Jungkook’s judging look. “That’s my husband singing and God he sounded like heaven’s voice” Taehyung closed his eyes and placed his hands on his chest. Jungkook rolled his eyes.

“Whatever” Jungkook mouthed and pressed here and there button.

“How are your boyfriend doing? Is he alright now?” Taehyung suddenly asked. At this, Jungkook’s expression dropped instantly. “I guess not” Taehyung smiled sympathetically at Jungkook. “Is there anything I can help you?”

“No, it’s fine. Thanks” Jungkook decided to stop thinking about it and focused on Jimin’s recording.

 

Jin was sitting on the couch, watching TV as usual. He stretched his hand to make the glass flew to his hand. His brows furrowed when the glass stood still. Didn’t even flinch. Jin tried harder and harder until a bead of sweat formed on his forehead. The glass still didn’t move. Jin tried to create a glass of water like how he used to make a popcorn before. There’s nothing happened. No glass of water appeared on the table.

Jin laughed pitifully. He had lost his ability.

 

**

 

Four days left.

 

“How’s your day?” Jin smiled brightly at Jungkook who was taking off his coat.

“Pretty good. Yoongi hyung said the song is great. He asked who’s singing the demo and I said it’s you. He told me your voice is beautiful and gave a strong feeling” Jungkook kissed Jin’s cheek and went to the bathroom.

Jin smile fell and he felt something on his throat. He quickly hanged Jungkook’s coat on the hanger and ran to the kitchen. Jin felt his stomach flipping. He threw up on the sink and held his forehead. His body heat raising.

Please… please hold on a little bit longer…

Jin hit his chest several times and calmed down his heart. He cleaned the sink and took a glass of water. When he returned to the living room, Jungkook opened the bathroom door and grinned at Jin. Jin was glad, he was still able to blush hard.

“Hey, do you want to go somewhere? Like movie? There’s this good film. I thought you may like it. It’s a romcom” Jungkook sat on the bed beside Jin.

“Sure! I never watch movie in theater! When will the movie start?” Jin laid his head on Jungkook’s lap. The younger automatically ran his finger to Jin’s hair, caressing it gently.

“I think in an hour. We should change” Jungkook tapped Jin’s arm and the angel giggled.

“Okay!” with that, he quickly get up from Jungkook’s lap.

“That’s the spirit” Jungkook grinned when he saw his boyfriend rummaged through their closet.

 

The movie theatre isn’t too crowded, maybe because it’s nearly midnight and the wind blew fast. The two walked slowly on the pedestrian way after got off of the bus. Jin saw Jungkook fixed his hair several times after the wind messed it up. Jin smiled and took off his beanie.

“Wait” Jin halted Jungkook’s hand. Jungkook turned to him with questioning look and Jin stepped closer. When Jin put the beanie on Jungkook’s head, the younger smiled shyly and a thin shade of pink started to appear on his cheeks. “Cute” Jin pinched Jungkook’s cheeks and the younger chuckled.

“Thank you. Aren’t you cold?” Jungkook intertwined his finger with Jin.

“Not really. I’m used to the weather” Jin half lied. The wind was so cold and Jin couldn’t feel his feet. But Jungkook’s smile was worth more than just a cold. “How’s work? And the song that you made? Tell me about it! Does your boss like it? No?” Jin swinged their hand.

“It’s great. Yoongi hyung said that he liked your voice and maybe he would ask you to sing for us, I mean, be an artist” Jungkook sounded unsure and Jin caught it.

“Is there something in your mind? I think you wanted to say something more”

Jungkook was silent for a minute before he looked straight to Jin’s eyes and sighed tiredly. “Uh… I know this sound selfish but I don’t want to share you with the world. If you know what I mean” Jungkook rubbed Jin’s hand.

Jin smiled at how cute Jungkook could be when his possessiveness started to rise. He didn’t say anything but just dragged Jungkook to walk again. They shared meaningful glance and smiled after that.

 

It’s in the middle of the movie when Seokjin started to feel his head throbbing painfully and his vision started to blur. Jin blinked several times and shook hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter