Chapter 5, marriage?!

Faded Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s

 

“One more time, please repeat the coda” Jungkook commanded Jimin from the mixing studio. The singer quickly did what Jungkook said. Beside Jungkook, Taehyung sat comfortably while examining several papers in his hand. Behind Jungkook, Namjoon stood there with a can of soda.

“How is it?” Jimin asked from the recording room when the song stopped. Jungkook busy listening to the headphone at first. Then he nodded to himself and gave Jimin a thumbs up. Jimin grinned and quickly exited the room.

“I want to hear it!” Jimin jogged to Jungkook and Jungkook handed him the headphone. Jimin closed his eyes when the music started.

“I don’t expect you to be this good at producing” Namjoon ruffled Jungkook’s hair. Jungkook shyly smiled. “Also I don’t expect you to wear such a bright color sweater. The bunnies are cute, suits you” Namjoon chuckled.

“I like it” Jungkook answered with slightly red cheeks.

“Hyung, this is from his boyfriend” Taehyung explained to Namjoon. Namjoon mouthed an ‘o’ and they stopped chatting when Jimin pulled off the headphone.

“Do you like it?” Taehyung asked while passing Jimin his favorite peach juice.

“Mmh…” Jimin nodded with mouth full of peach juice. He swallowed hard. “I think Jungkook made a great song for my voice” Jimin saw Jungkook took out his phone and texted.

“No phone when working maknae” Taehyung’s low voice boomed through the room and Jungkook quickly shoved his phone to his pocket.

“Hey stop teasing him will you?” Namjoon knocked Taehyung’s head. Jungkook blinked several times before remembered that he allowed to play with his phone everytime. He shot Taehyung a nasty glare which the older returned by sticking his tongue out. Jungkook sighed.

“How come you married this creature?” Jungkook pointed at Taehyung with his thumb, earning a ‘Hey!’ from him.

“I think I was drunk” Jimin answered with a serious face, he widen his eyes with horrible expression that sent Namjoon to laughter. Jungkook laughed too while Taehyung pouted.

“Jungkook” a voice came from behind and the four turned their head.

“Yoongi hyung” Jungkook stood and bowed. Yoongi smiled and approached them. He stood beside Namjoon as usual and Namjoon’s hand automatically held Yoongi’s waist.

“Can I borrow Jungkook for a moment?” Yoongi politely asked and the other only nodded. Yoongi gestured Jungkook to follow him and he younger easily complied.

 

“Is there anything that I can help hyung?” Jungkook asked once they were in Yoongi’s office.

“Yes, and this is important” Yoongi’s tone turned serious and Jungkook liked it. He likes challenge.

“I’m ready” Jungkook sat in front of Yoongi. Yoongi smiled at the youngman spirit and took a file from his desk. He examined them first before handed it to Jungkook.

“Here it is, Kook” Yoongi pointed at several thing written there. “I need you to make a song. A very deep love song for someone. Don’t be cheesy, don’t be lame, this song shouldn’t contain any flirt. The song had to be an expression of someone who’s deeply in love with someone and he didn’t want everything to gone or over. This person wanted a long lasting love” Yoongi explained clearly at Jungkook. Jungkook nodded. “The reason why I told this to you is that although your song for Jimin is outstanding, it mostly talk about heartbroken and loneliness” at this, Jungkook’s stared at Yoongi determined face. “I want you to make something different, don’t disappoint me, Jungkook” Yoongi shoot him a smile.

“I won’t” Jungkook nodded. His spirit burning inside. This sure wasn’t an easy thing. “Is there anything else I can help you with?”

“No, there’s none. You can go back to them” Yoongi smiled at him and Jungkook quickly bowed. His hand was just touching the door knob when he heard Yoongi called him again.

“Yes hyung?” Jungkook blinked curiously at him.

“The sweater is cute” Yoongi giggled. “I like it”

Jungkook blushed and thanked the elder.

 

**

 

“I’m home” Jungkook opened the door and put his shoes on the shoe rack as usual. Then a footsteps followed by a face popped in front of him.

“Hello! Welcome home! Oh, I made apple pie, let’s eat!” Jungkook hadn’t processed what happened, Seokjin already gone. So, he just simply followed the angel inside. “You stink, go take a shower first!” Seokjin hit Jungkook’s hand that almost reached the apple pie.

“Later, I’m hungry” Jungkook reached his hand again.

PLOP!

His eyes widened when the apple pie disappeared. He automatically looked at Jin. The angel had his hands on his hip like a mom and Jungkook sighed. There’s no way he could win this.

“Yes mom…” Jungkook rolled his eyes and went to the bathroom.

 

“After dinner, please don’t bother me in my studio” Jungkook stated when he finished his dinner.

“Hm?” Jin still munching his pie. “Why? Do you have something important?”

“Very. And if you wanted to watch TV, please lower the volume” Jungkook stood and put his plate on the sink.

“Oh…” Jin couldn’t hide his disappointment. He was actually already planned something after dinner. “But can you play with me after you done? I really wanted to play with you!” Jin nagged Jungkook’s hand.

“I don’t know when will I finished. Don’t wait and just go to sleep” Jungkook then left. Seokjin stared at nothing with hooded eyes. He sighed and took out something from his lap.

“But tomorrow is my birthday…” Jin bit back his disappointment.

 

Jungkook stretched his arms and yawned. For almost four hours, he squished his brain to produce something suitable for the concept. He glanced at the lyrics again. He was quiet disappointed when he could only produce five lines. It’s hard to produce something that you don’t understand. Like love.

Jungkook doesn’t understand love. Jungkook doesn’t understand how to deal with it, what it feels like, and how to face it. So he read a thick philosophy book of love that he bought this afternoon on the way home. He groaned when he saw the clock showed almost midnight. Maybe a glass of water would help. When he entered he kitchen, he saw a faint light on the table and immediately stop.

There’s Seokjin, sitting on the chair with his knee folded to support his chin. His face buried in his knee and there’s a small cake with candles on it. Jungkook’s mind went back to the time after they finished their dinner.

“Can you play with me after dinner? I really want to play with you!”

Jungkook rubbed his eyes tiredly. Now he knew why the angel insisted to play with him after dinner. Jungkook’ eyes opened again when he heard a movement from the angel. Jungkook watched as Jin revealed his face and stared at the candles. When the clock dinged at 12, Jungkook closed his eyes as he heard Jin muttered,

“Happy birthday Kim Seokjin” followed by a single tear that lined down on his cheek.

 

**

 

Seokjin just sat there, alone. He had turned off the kitchen lamp and cleaned the kitchen table. He glanced at the dishes on the sink and felt too lazy to clean it. So, he just flicked his finger and the dishes were all cleaned. Jin sighed and finally placed the cake on the table. He started arranging the candles. Seokjin never knew how old he is. He also doubting that angel could aging. But he remembered his birthday clearly.

Seokjin swished his finger at the candles and they lit up. He smiled at it. This is the first time he celebrated his birthday alone. Usually he celebrated it with Hoseok or the other angels together. They would hugged him and showered him with luck and kisses, Jin couldn’t be happier.

The angel chuckled when he realized how he missed Hoseok and his friends on the cloud. He hated how lonely he was when no one is around and Jungkook went to work. Seokjin took a deep breath and pulled knee to his arms and buried his face there. He hated being alone. Loneliness gave him unhappiness and depression.

DING…

Seokjin’s heart clenched at the sound of the clock.

DING…

He missed Jungkook and wanted him to be here. He wanted to hug Jungkook and he knew even though it’s only Jungkook, his birthday would be perfect.

DING…

The last dinged made Seokjin’s lips trembled. He knew he should blew the candle and make a wish. It was bad thing to let the candle died itself. So, he lifted his face and stared at the candle. He could feel his heart beating painfully in his chest and his mind in mess.

“Happy birthday Kim Seokjin” Jin felt a single tear left his eyes and he puffed his cheeks to blow the candle.

“Wait”

Jin’s eyes opened at the source of the voice. His eyes widened when he saw Jungkook approaching him with unreadable expression.

“J-Jungkook…?” Jin was shocked. The younger took a seat beside him.

“You only have to tell me” Jungkook’s thumb reached for Seokjin’s cheek and wiped a single tear there. “I’ll be here beside you, blowing the candle together and wait for you to make a wish. If you have something to tell me, do tell. Don’t keep it alone and last, I don’t want to see you cry anymore” Jungkook’s eyebrow furrowed, indicating how worried he was.

Seokjin nodded furiously.

“Now give me your best smile, it’s your birthday, don’t cry on your birthday” Jungkook’s lips curved into a small smile.

Jin grinned his best grin and it lightened Jungkook’s heart. They blew candles together and Jin make a wish. After that, Jin sliced

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter