Chapter 4, meeting the singer

Faded Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s

                                                                                                                        

“Kook?” Taehyung poked Jungkook’s shoulder. Jungkook took off his headset and looked at Taehyung.

“Yes?”

“I need you to check this one” Taehyung pulled a chair beside Jungkook and sat. Jungkook examined the paper that Taehyung gave. “Kook” called Taehyung again. The younger drifted his eyes to Taehyung. “Namjoon hyung just informed me that we’re going to face a big project for next month. It’s a comeback from our biggest singer, Park Jimin”

“How many songs do we need to produce?” Jungkook’s mind went far away. Taehyung liked his spirit. The red haired-producer chuckled at how exited Jungkook behind those expressionless façade.

“We got three songs to handle, the rest are Namjoon’s team duty. We’re going to start working from tomorrow. For now, let’s just finish this” Taehyung tapped the paper on Jungkook’s hand.

“Okay. And about the songs for Park Jimin, do you think we need to interview him? Like what kind of song does he need or his concept?” Jungkook took a pencil and started to scratch here and there on the paper.

“Nah, it wouldn’t be necessary” Taehyung grinned. At this, Jungkook’s eyes went back to his partner. “Jimin wanted a romantic songs without cheesy lyrics. He loves a long chorus song with a diminuendo at the end. He also loves it when the is near the end” Taehyung smiled while looking at Jungkook’s work. Jungkook noticed something different at Taehyung smile.

“You… seemed to know him very well” Jungkook didn’t mean to say that out loud but he was too late to hold his mouth.

Taehyung only chuckled. “I do” he answered. Jungkook’s eyes didn’t miss how Taehyung played with the ring on his ring finger and it’s all clicked.

 

Jungkook yawned on his desk. It was nearly 6 p.m and he couldn’t wait to come home. He was cleaning his desk when he heard the door opened. Namjoon appeared with wide grin and Yoongi beside him.

“Tae, Jungkook, let’s grab dinner together” Yoongi smiled at them.

 

**

 

Jungkook wasn’t used to have so many people around him when he’s eating. He gulped his soda and only listen to Taehyung, Yoongi, and Namjoon conversation. He just wanted to go home and have a nice goodnight sleep and homemade cook from Jin. Jungkook has to admit that Jin made the best dish ever and NO, the angel never use magic while cooking. Jungkook saw that with his eyes how Jin taste his cook from the hot spoon and immediately fanned his burnt tongue.

“Jungkook?” Namjoon’s deep voice woken him up.

“Yes?”

“Why are you smiling?” Namjoon grinned at him. Jungkook now noticed the other two also paid him attention. He mentally sighed for being clumsy.

“Oh, it’s nothing” Jungkook bowed slightly.

“No need to be strict. It’s no longer working hours, you can talk freely at us” Yoongi patted the younger’s back. Jungkook was about to protest but Yoongi raised his finger. “Nu-uh. No protest” Yoongi glared at Jungkook playfully. Jungkook sighed.

“Okay”

“Tell us what you were thinking Kook! You never smile at work” Taehyung pouted. Jungkook thought that Taehyung looks much younger than his age. Maybe because his bubbly personality and cheerful attitude.

“I was just thinking about home” Jungkook admitted honestly.

“Oh, do you live alone?” it was Taehyung.

“Yes-no I mean no” Jungkook was confused at first.

“Oh, your boyfriend must be waiting you home. Sorry we held you, Jungkook” Namjoon shoot him apologetic smile. Jungkook’s eyes widened at the b word.

“No, he’s not my boyfriend” Jungkook moved his eyes from them.

“Really?” Namjoon . “Just admit it, I know you must be really in love him”

Jungkook chocked on his soda. Earning a full laughter from the three.

 

**

 

When Jungkook arrived home, he was greeted by the view of Seokjin hanged his legs on the backrest of the couch and his back rested on the seat. Jungkook sighed at the view.

“Oh, you’re home? Welcome home!” Seokjin quickly fixed his position.

Jungkook went silent at Jin’s greeting. He eyed the angel beside him who was grinning at him with the warmest smile on his lips.

 

“He’s not my boyfriend, he  just happened to live with me” Jungkook tried to explain.

“Aaah.. then he’s your future boyfriend” Taehyung giggled.

“Come on guys, he’s not” Jungkook laughed a little.

“But you like him, don’t you?” Taehyung wiggled his eyebrows and Jungkook went silent.

“Have you ever been in a relationship?” Yoongi’s calm voice suddenly interrupt.

Jungkook blinked once. “Uh.. no. I’ve never” Jungkook played with his glass. Yoongi smiled at him.

“Go find a boyfriend, you’ll know how amazing it feels. Ask him to live with you” Yoongi smiled while bit his lips. Somehow Jungkook thought that none of his seniors looks much older than him.

“Yeah, and do you know what’s my favorite part of having a boyfriend?” Namjoon glanced at Yoongi, Yoongi blushed under Namjoon’s gaze.

“Huh?” Jungkook looked like a lost puppies between the elders.

“My most favorite part of having a boyfriend, or in my case, husband” Namjoon paused a second to wink at Yoongi. “Is when I came home and heard a ‘welcome home’ from my husband followed by a big hug and sweet smiles on his lips AND trust me, kid, you’ll never want to go anywhere anymore” Namjoon’s grin widened when he saw how red Yoongi’s face was.

Jungkook could only smile when he saw Yoongi hit Namjoon’s shoulder.

 

Jungkook gulped when a flash of memories played back on his mind. He stared at Seokjin’s smiling face. Before his mind could process anything, Jungkok already stepped forward and pulled Jin into his arms where the angel almost shrieked.

 

**

 

“Jungkookie?” Seokjin called the younger. They were watching Iron Man on the couch.

“Hm?”

“Why do you like Iron Man so much?”

Jungkook didn’t say anything. Actually he wasn’t paying attention to the movie at all. His mind still lingered to the conversation in the bar earlier with Namjoon, Yoongi and Taehyung.

“Just because” answered him short.

“Come on… there’s nothing in this world consist of just because, come on spill it! It’s not like there’s someone else here” Seokjin slightly pouted.

“You’re someone else” blurted Jungkook without thinking. He regretted it when he saw Jin’s slightly hurt expression. “Don’t take it to your heart. You better get used to my sharp tongue. This world isn’t as beautiful as you think” Jungkook added. At this, Seokjin smile came back to his face, Jungkook sighed in relief.

“Hey, do you want to fly like Iron Man?” Seokjin suddenly excited.

“What?”

“Fly!” Seokjin gestured a wing with his hands. “Flying in the sky like him” he pointed the Iron Man.

“I think it’s not a good idea” Jungkook took a cushion and hugged it.

“Why? It’s fun you know, come on! Since it’s already late, I bet there’s not much people on the street, they won’t see us!” Jin pulled Jungkook’s hand and stood.

“Jin, I don’t want to” Jungkook pulled back.

“Cooomee oooonnnn” Jin pulled Jungkook harder.

“No” Jungkook pulled Jin a little too hard, causing the angel to yelp and fall onto his lap. Jungkook’s heart pounding like crazy when he looked at Seokjin’s eyes from very close distance.

Seokjin gulped when his face almost bumped to Jungkook’s face. The two stared at each other with unrealistic heartbeat. What they didn’t aware is that they were eventually leaning closer and closer until their lips almost touch. Almost.

If only Jungkook didn’t jump in sudden, causing Jin to fell from the couch, earning an ‘ouch!’ from the angel.

“Uh.. um… about the-”

“Fly, let’s fly” Seokjin quickly stood again and stared down at his feet with super red face.

“Yeah, fly. Good” Jungkook nodded without thinking. Then the two headed toward the door, still with crazy heartbeat.

 

Jungkook cursed inside when he realized how stupid he was. He wasn’t afraid of height, it just that the air is very cold and the wind blew fast. Jungkook regretted not bringing his coat. He glanced at Seokjin who seems like didn’t affected by the freezing temperature.

“I think we’re high enough Jungkook!” Jin shouted because they were standing on the rooftop of their apartment with crazy wind. When the younger didn’t response, Jin turned to look at Jungkook and his eyes nearly bulge. “OH MY GOD JUNGKOOKIE I’M SO SORRY!!” Seokjin quickly marched to the almost freezing Jungkook. “I’m sorry I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” Jin touched Jungkook’s neck and suddenly Jungkook felt warmth all over his body and he could breathing again.

“Thanks” Jungkook responded.

“Let’s fly! Which one is more comfortable? I hold your hand or I hug your waist?” Jin still grinned innocently at Jungkook.

“I think we better go back to the house” Jungkook answered coldly. “I didn’t agree to fly with you” he sighed.

“But you said okay…” Jin protested, his voice is getting lower and lower. When he saw Jungkook’s stoic face, he bite his lips and nodded. “Fine, go back first Jungkook, I’ll follow you later” Jin sulked.

“What do you mean?”

“I-I want to stay here a bit longer, you can go back first” Jin couldn’t hide his disappointment and Jungkook instantly felt bad.

Jungkook sighed. “Look Jin, I-”

“It’s okay Jungkook, I just need a fresh air” Jin smiled weakly at him and Jungkook hated it. Actually Jin didn’t mad at Jungkook. He just needed time to collect himself together after two incidents before. The door and the couch incident. He needed to find out why his heart beating so fast. He also need to clear his mind.

Jungkook bite his inner cheek and tapped his foot several times, debating whether he should stay with Jin or go back alone. But the idea of him being alone in the house doesn’t feel okay. So he gave up on his thought and just followed what his heart wants. Then, instead of walking to the door, Jungkook found himself sitting beside Jin.

“Why are you still here?” there’s something different in Seokjin’s tone and Jungkook didn’t like it. It’s like the person beside him is a different person than the Seokjin who always nagged at him about this and that.

“I don’t feel like go back alone” blurted the younger. Jin found himself smiling a small smile.

“Oh, so you like my company now?” the two keep on talking in raspy voice.

“Not really” Jungkook pulled one of his leg and rested his chin on his knee.

“But? There’s a but right?” Seokjin chuckled. Jungkook thought Jin’s chuckle is addicting.

“But still, you’re annoying” Jungkook couldn’t help but smiled too. His heart felt light and his mind clear like this night’s sky.

“I take that as compliment?” Jin played with the tip of his sweater.

“Suit yourself” Jungkook grinned. He liked this side of Seokjin. Calm and a little sassy. “Jin” called the younger for the first time.

“Yeah?”

“You still haven’t told me the reason you’re here” Jungkook hated when the topic became serious but he still curious why the angel came into his life.

It took a bit longer for Seokjin to answer. And when he answered, his voice is a little shaky and Jungkook is afraid that the angel would cry. “I… I actually don’t know” a pause. “I’m not lying when I told you I watched you everyday from the cloud. It just that… there’s something on you that attracted me and I can’t help but thinking about you since then. The tripping incident… it’s actually not Hoseok’s fault”

“Hoseok?”

“My friend there”

“Oh”

“I’m aware that I fell from the cloud when he jumped like a five years old kid. I know I just have to spread my wings and fly back. But I didn’t. I pretended that I forgot I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter