Just Being

Exodus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

"Can we please talk little sister?"

"I need time," you say and leave the store before he can say anything else. You hide once outside and hear everything that Mrs. Cho says to him.

"You know? You should have taken care of her, she's a wonderful person. How were you capable of kicking her out of the house?"

"I did wrong; I know that now. I need to talk to her, can you call her?"

"No, you heard her. She needs time and I respect her decision. You better not hurt her again, she has so much going on in her life right now for you to come and make her suffer again. I hope that you guys' problems get resolved very soon because that would make it one less problem for her."

"I understand and thank you for everything, I will come back some other day."

"Alright son, be careful and like I said just give her some time. She's kind and she will forgive you in time."

"Thank you again."

He doesn't see you hiding outside and leaves. Once he's out of sight you go back inside and Mrs. Cho is already waiting for you. You run to her and she hugs you tightly.  All of the sudden you start crying while still holding onto her.

"Everything is alright darling, just don't think about it too much."

"He's my brother and I feel bad for not been able to talk to him. I miss him so much; he has always taken care of me."

"He has to think about what he did and you should not feel bad about it because it was his fault not yours. Now it's time for you to go, you don't want to be late for your class, do you?"

"No, I'm leaving now. I will see you tomorrow morning."

"Sure, you are coming in at 9 tomorrow, so take some time to sleep more if you can."

"I will, see you tomorrow then."

You leave but without really wanting to get to school so you take the long way. Walking up and down through the streets that feel like they take you nowhere at all. What should I do? I hate being angry at him but I'm still not ready to speak to him. Next time he comes to see me I will speak to him for sure. I want to know how my nephews are doing, it has been two years ever since that day. If only he knew how I feel and how much I have miss them.

Your class went by really fast but it wasn't distracting enough for you to forget what happened at the store because you kept thinking about your brother. After class you start walking towards the library which is on the other side of the campus and the walk there is a little long. You get distracted with every little thing until you crash into someone. 

"What? Y/N? Are you alright?"

It's Sunny, your best friend since two years ago. You met her just like this right after what happened with your brother and his wife. She was the one who help you and took you in.

"I'm fine I was just distracted. You know me already, always getting distracted."

"I know but you don't look fine at all. Tell me what's wrong."

"I'm just tired today. Don't worry, I will see you at the apartment? I have some things to finish for tomorrow."

"Ok then, I will see you at home later."

"Ok."

 

A month passed and you think that he has forgotten about you until he comes into the store again.

"Y/N, can I please talk to you?"

"Alright, let me ask Mrs. Cho if I can leave for a bit." You go look for her while your brother waits and of course she allows you to leave. He takes you to a park, you remember it very clearly. It's was one of the places you always wanted your parents to take you when you were a kid. 

"How long have you been working there?"

"Almost two years, how did you find me?"

"I went to ask your boss at the restaurant you work on the weekend, your part-time job."

"Ah you went there; I can't believe they gave you my information just like that."

"It was a little hard to convince her but after several tries she gave me the name of the place you work full-time during the week."

"I understand, what do you want though? Don't tell me that now you want me to disappear from here? You really want me to do that, just like your wife wants?"

"Y/N, I'm so sorry, I had no idea what I was doing. She knew exactly how to control me. I never wanted to kick you out, much less to leave you alone for so long."

"So then what made you change your mind? Does your wife want me back now? Because I ain't going back."

"I won't ask that, I just wanted to tell you that Joon left, she's not my wife anymore."

"What? Why?"

"S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter