Cold Weather and Cat Eyes

Too Quiet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They say when it starts to become fall, life begins to fade away and die so a new one can form. I may seem like your average 18 year old on the outside, but lately I have been feeling like something in my life is missing. So perhaps it's my time to let fall take over so I can start again. Maybe I need a spring in my life, something or someone to make me feel alive.

All these thoughts race through my mind as I walk along too busy walkways to get to the subway. I usually get lost in my thoughts on the way to school. It has honestly become a problem. Just this past month I've ran into seven people. But sometimes I just get lost in the beauty of my surroundings . Today I notice the trees and how they are beginning to fade. Also the crisp fallen leaves on the sidewalk and how chilly it is becoming. Lifting my head, I look into the overcast sky above me. Wow the sky's rel-

OMMF

As I fall on the ground for the second time that day, I snap out of my inner deep thoughts and swiftly get back up off the cold concrete. I begin wiping my legs and hands off.

"Uggghhrr" I hear a deep voice groan and look down to see a boy around my age rubbing his back. His head is down, so it is hard to see his face. There's a couple of papers scattered around him and what looks to be an old novel with creepy looking eyes on the front. Hmm, I think I've read that. A loud sigh snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I was spacing out." I hastily say, while bowing. "Here, let me help you up." Reaching my hand out, he begins to look up. First at my hand, then at me. "Are you okay?" I ask with my hand still stretched out. The young stranger's eyes widen slightly. And wow his eyes are mesmerizing. They're a deep creamy brown, but his irises look like an open night sky with stars scattered throughout. The corners are curved more inward, reminding me of a cat. While his cheeks begin to dust with shades of pink; He blinks twice then looks back down and begins to quickly gather the scattered papers.

I look around at the passing people and quickly get on my knees to help. I pick up the ancient novel first and glance at the title that reads, The Great Gatsby. "Huh. This one's really good, I've read it like three times." I say smiling and looking up to the stranger, who is still hastily gathering the fallen papers. Are those class schedules. I think, while tilting my head to get a better look.

Still holding the book, I began to look at the cat eyed stranger a little closer. His chocolate brown hair is mostly covered by a knitted black beanie. He is also wearing an oversized black sweater that stretches out over his hands. Denim skinny jeans, with faded spots and a pair of worn out red converses.Cute. I think to myself.

Suddenly, he snatches the novel out of my hand, while standing up and placing the novel into his black messenger bag. I look up at him and begin to stand clumsily back up. I began to to speak, "Uhh, um. S-sorry abo-" The stranger turns around and walks hastily away with one of the fallen papers still tightly gripped in one hand. I'm left standing with warm embarrassed cheeks. Why the hell did I just stutter?! And why are my cheeks on fire?

I stand there watching as he gets mixed with the crowd of people, who are rushing to get where they need to be. I quickly look at my phone to check the time. 7:46. ", the subway leaves at 7:55!"

●●●

Now in a sprint, I begin to rush to the station. The crisp air hits my cheeks as I run and I remind myself to wear my sweater vest tomorrow.

Entering the crowded station I take out my wallet from my back pocket, getting ready to scan my card. There is so many people here. I think, while waiting to beep my card. As I approach the scanner I pass my card swiftly over. Beep Beep. The bars let me pass and I began to pick up my pace to make it to my train on time.

I spot my train and see the doors begin to o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter