Chapter 5

One on One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was late already when you left school. It was your second time travelling in Taehyung’s car, it was less awkward than the first ride. You tried to convince yourself maybe it was because your clothes were not soaked in rain. You dozed off during the ride before you could realise it.

 

The car was still when you regained your consciousness. And, Taehyung was looking at you. You stretched your arms, “Omg, how long have I been sleeping?”, rubbing your eyes, forgot it might smudge your eyeliner.

 

“Around 15 minutes? No worries,” he said.

 

You nodded slightly for 1 or 2 seconds then looked at him with wide eyes, “Wait, did I snore?” Taehyung shook his head.

 

You touched yourself around your mouth, “okay, I didn’t drool. Cool. Thanks for sending me home, TaeTae”.

 

Oh no, did you not get a mouth filter? You were slapping yourself hard in your mind.

 

You could see Taehyung’s face was tinted with light pink. He showed his signature smile, cupping his hands around his face like a flower, “this name makes me sound so cute,” he said while pursing his lips. You were knocked down by his cuteness, you completely lose the ability to gather yourself.

 

You better got away from here, now. “A-ah, thank you for the ride, have a nice weekend, see ya!” You spoke so fast like you were doing tongue-twister, then you reached out your hand to open the car’s door.

 

“Wait”, Taehyung grabbed your hand. You froze and turned to look at him. He was leaning his head so dangerously closed to you. You lowered your head and turned it away from him when you felt his breath on your face. Your heart was pounding so fast and hard that you could actually hear it beating right now.

 

Taehyung let go of your hand and backed away, leaning his head back at his seat. He looked...frustrated, “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have…”. This was the first time you hear this strengthless tone from him, he was always so confident.

 

---

 

You did not get out of the car, not yet. Both of you did not talk for quite a while. Taehyung was staring up blankly, like he had lost something. And there was you, thinking how to handle this.

 

You took a deep breath.

 

“Yes, we shouldn’t have…” You murmured. You leaned over, kissed his cheek, and got out of the car in the speed of light.

 

You ran into the building you lived. What had you done? To b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter