Chapter 2

One on One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You almost choked on your soy milk when you were checking your email. "What the hell, I should have had won lottery, but not this! Wait, what!? Omg, I'm so dead" You rubbed your temples.

 

"Ssup!" Jimin came join you for breakfast.

 

"Omg Jimin, I need help", you said in a unwilling tone.

 

"What?" Jimin was totally clueless.

 

"They had picked me, the One on One !" You almost sounded like you wanted to strangle someone.

 

"Well, that's not that ba- what!? Who's your mentor though?" Jimin took your phone as you looked already half dead on the table. It was written, Mentor: Mr. Kim Taehyung. An "oh " then flowed from him.

 

Yoonjin walked to you from another table,"Y/N, you got picked for the One on One? Who's your mentor? If it's the boring, old professor Brown, I'd be so sorry for you. Hohoho."

 

You were not in the mood of making fun of her, seeing her only made your mood went even more down. Being in One on One was already annoying enough, and there it was Kim Taehyung as you mentor, you were sure he was going to use this chance to mess the out of you. From the way he looked at you in class, you were quite sure he did not like you.

 

"Jimin, I don't wanna see her", you groaned.

 

"Why? Is it that embarrassing to tell me who your mentor is?" Yoonjin mocked you.

 

"It's your favourite prince Mr. Kim", Jimin smirked.

 

"W-what?" Yoonjin saw Mr. Kim was there buying coffee at the counter, she rushed to him. Oh, how desperate, how thick-skinned.

 

"Mr. Kim, is it true, did you really choose Y/N as your One on One student?" Yoonjin sounded so desperate. And wait, did she just talk 8 pitch higher than her own voice?

 

 

"Oh! That's confidential, I couldn't disclose any details to you, dear", Mr. Kim smiled slightly.

 

Yoonjin walked away disappointedly, but you were sure she was going to torture you in her most childish and annoying way. At this moment, you did not care. You just wanted to take your time and think how to arrange your schedule to match with this stupid evaluation.

 

---

 

The One on One evaluation was carried out in 3-5 sessions. The schedule of it was "flexible" as the mentors could decide their own meeting arrangement.

 

They had never thought about how students spare time to those sessions though, and that was what pissed you the most as you were struggling for your final year project (FYP) as you had a quite uneven distributed timetable.

 

You read the time on your phone, 05:00, and got out of bed. Great, because you will be having the first One on One session at 9am, when you had had a plan for doing more research on your FYP before your attending your 2PM class.

 

You knocked on the door, and heard a "come in" from the room. You reluctantly opened the door and went inside. Sure you did not want to do it, but when it came to school, you were always passively cooperative.

 

Mr. Kim was sitting in front of a small, round table, which looked like it was taken from Starbucks. "Morning, Y/N, have a seat", he greeted you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter