Day 2

King of the Nerds

"Where have you been? We've been looking for you." Bom asked Dara as she arrived in the cafetteria for lunch.

"Library. Finally , I was able to finish the problem. Oh, it wasn't me. Someone solved it for me."

"Someone? You don't let someone else do your homework for you." Chaerin said.

"Well, he helped me."

"Who?"

"Byun Baekhyun. My classmate."

"Byun---who?"

"Byun Baekhyun, Bommie."

"Why don't I know him?"

"You don't?" Chaerin and Dara asked. There is no one in the school Bommie does not know.

"Exactly the reason why you should not hang out with whoever he is."

"Unnie, I think you're being rude." Chaerin uttered.

"Bommie, don't say that. He's a nice person. "

"Nice does not fit to us ,Dara. People have to make the  cut to be with us."

Chaerin and Dara looked at each other. 

Bom has always been hard to people who wanted to be friends with them. Because they belonged to first class families, people tried to be friends with them for money and fame.

"I don't think he's someone like that ,Bom. He was just helping me with my assignment."

"Whatever,Dara. Just..just be careful that you won't get hurt or I'll shoot him dead."

xxxxxxxx

"Annyeong haseyo, Kim Jongdae imnida! You can call me Chen! " The guy standing in front of the classroom smiled widely to his new classmates.

Baekhyun knew he was the tenant on the same building he was staying, but he does not care at all. Just like before, he doesn't care.

"Alright, Chen. You can sit at the back of Baekhyun. Baekhyun raise your hand." The professor mentioned.

Baekhyun lifted his hand without looking at them.

 Chen smiled even wider. He then settled down on his seat. 

"Annyeong! We're classmates and we live in the same building." Chen said to Baekhyun as a whisper.

Baekhyun turned his head. "We're not friends. So please stop talking."

"Hi, I'm Dara. Sorry about him. He's just tight with people but he's okay." Dara smiled to Chen. Chen's eyes glistened and smiled. 

After an hour, the class ended. Baekhyun started packing his things and was about to walk out.

Chen then walked out with him.

"Please stop following me around." Baekhyun said to Chen when he noticed that the latter was walking with him.

Chen chuckled. "Dude, I'm not following you around. We're taking the same course, same level.. Ding dong! Bingo! That means we' have the same classes."

Baekhyun just rolled his eyes at him and continued walking. Chen followed suit.

They were still walking their way to the next building. When suddenly someone shouted, "Heads up, NERD!" 

Baekhyun's eyes immediately closed and his hands covering his head. He was waiting for the soccerball to hit him but it didn't. He opened his eyes and was shocked to see Chen holding the ball with a smile on his face. His eyes we're smiling too but there was something off with his stare. 

"Be careful next time, dude. " Chen said as he threw the ball back to the soccer players with too much force. Baekhyun nervously walked away. 

When Chen felt Baekhyun was starting to walk out, he did too but his eyes were staring still at the guy whom he new intentionally threw the ball. His smile was gone and his face was serious. He turned his back making sure he remembers the face of that guy.

xxxxxxx

"What kind of reflexes do you have? Man, you're so lame."Chen told Baekhyun as he sat beside his sit inside their classroom.

"I'm not good with that. As you can see, I'm not athletetic and I don't look like someone with good reflexes."

"Liar. That's not what I've heard."

"What?" 

"Nothing. I said nothing. " Chen smiled and busied himself with his phone.

xxxxxxxx

"Baekhyun!Baekhyun-ssi!"

Baekhyun stopped from walking when he heard the familiar voice calling him. He stopped and tried to look calm. Deep inside his heart was about to blow.

"Ye-yes?"

"Whew! You sure walk fast." Dara said as she catches her breathe. "Anyway, I just wanted to ask if you're going tonight at Jessica Jung's party. Everyone's going."

"Ani..I-m..I'm not even invited."

"Really? I thought she invited everyone. Well then, you should come. I'm inviting you." Dara said with all smiles.

Baekhyun looked away. He was way blushing and she can't let her see that.

Chen was just standing in between them and looking at them.

"Uhm, Hi!!" He said breaking the awkward silence.

Dara noticed him." Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't notice you, Chen.Are you also coming to Jessica Jung's party tonight?"

"Yeah, sure. I guess that would  be fun."

"Great! I'll see you both there. Annyeong!" 

"Annyeong!" 

Dara waved at them and walked away.

"She sure is nice and pretty." Chen sad as they both watched Dara disappear from the crowd.

"Yah,Back off. Don't dare like her. Or else I'll kill you with my own hands.She's not the same with the other girls."  

"Woah! I didn't say I like her. And how would you kill me? You said before you're not athletic and you're a slow poke! Wait.. You just spoke to me informally and that's probably the longest sentence you've ever said to me!" 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

xxxxxxxx

Baekhyun didn't go to the party. Even though Dara invited him, he decided not to. He didn't want to get hurt or get in trouble.  He was lucky he was not hurt with the soccer ball because Chen was there, but he cannot assure if he'll be safe at the party. Students will see him and will make fun of him and he didn't want anyone to protect him. He can protect himself but he just don't want to because they might pay attention to him even more.

Baekhyun was watching some series on his TV when his phone rang. He smiled seeing who was calling. 

"Yah,what do you want panda?" He said after answering the phone. 

"Hyung! I miss you! When are you coming homeeee~" Baekhyun chuckled hearing his younger brother whine.

"I don't know. Stop whining. It doesn't suit you. Stop being a baby, Tao."

"But hyung I miss you.. You're the only one who doesn't live with us. Kris hyung said the other students are giving you a hard time in school and you don't want them to know you're brothers. Hyung , I don't want you hurt."

Baekhyun smiled. "I know, Tao. And I know you understand why I'm doing this.I'll visit you when I have time. How is everyone? Is Lay hyung back from China?"

"Ani. He'll be back tomorrow. Seriously hyung, tell me if someone's hurting you. I'll kill them."

"Arasso. Arasso. Go to sleep. I'll visit you once I have time. "

Apart from his brothers, Baekhyun does not have any friends. He was aftraid to have friends because of who he is and because of the family he belongs to. He does not want attention. He does not want people using him but with his family's status. It was a good thing that he never revealed who he was and no one knows who he is.

His brothers were already introduced to everyone and are very popular but he kept his identity hidden. 

xxxxxxxx

Baekhyun felt hungy and decide to grab something to eat but his fridge was empty.

"Aisht, with these things, it's useful to have extrahands. I should have accepted Lay hyung's offer when he said he'll send people to cook and run errands for me." 

Baekhyun took his hoodie and wore it before walking out to the supermarket.

xxxxxxxx

Dara was forced to come with Bom at the party. Bom cannot go out without Dara. She refused to be sorrounded by bodyguards and the only way for her parents to let her go to the party was to tell them that Dara will be there too.

Dara was bored at the party. Everyone knew her but she hardly recognizes them. She felt out of place even though she was known. Chaerin didn't go to the party because she has to go with her parents to some business occasion.

 Dara left Jessica Jung's house and just texted Bom to call her on the phone if they'll be heading home.  

She was walking out of nowhere when she found a small convenience store. 

Her stomach growled. She remembered she didn't eat anything.  She walked through the store and grabbed some noodles. 

She was at the counter and was about to pay when she realized  that she didn't bring her bag with her.

"Oh, mianhe. I left my bag. Could you please wait for me. I'll just get my bag." Dara pleaded the saleslady.

"Oh please! I already registered it here! Pay for it! That is such a lame excuse, Miss!" The Saleslady shouted.

"I'm sorry. I promise I'll pay up. I just have to get my money from ---"

"Here. I'll pay for it."

Dara looked at the guy standing next to her. 

Baekhyun looked at her but then looked away immediately. He bowed to her after paying and took a sit on one of the chairs.

Dara followed him carrying her noodles and sat on the sit opposite to his.

"Thank you. I'll pay you tomorrow. I just forgot my bag in Bommie's car." Dara said as she happily wait for her noodles to get cooked.

Baekhyun just stayed looking at the table and adjusted his glasses. He was waiting for his noodles to get cooked ,too. " It's okay. you don't have to pay me."

"Joengmal? Waaahhhh. Arasso. I won't force you. "

"Why are you here anyway? And why are you alone? Didn't you know it's not safe to walk around at this time of hour?"

"Well, I was at Jessica's party. I came with Bom but I got bored. I wouldn't have been alone if you came."

"Wha-what?"

" I invited you,right? But you didn't come. I was expecting that I'd see you there."

"I don't like going to those parties. Besides, no one in the school likes me."

"Well, I do. I think you're cool. I just don't know why you don't talk to people. I mean I always see you around the campus but you're always alone."

Baekhyun almost choked. He looked away. He started opening his noodles.

"Eat your food. It doesn't taste good if it's not hot."

"Arasso. " 

Dara started eating her food.

"So, have you been wearing those big glasses ever since you were young? Do you have a bad eye sight?"

"Uhm.. no. I just like wearing them."

"Can I try it on?Please?"

Baekhyun finds her cute at that moment. He knew she wouldn't stop so he took his glasses off and gave it to her.

She took it from his hands and wore it.

"How do I look?"

"Cute."

"Really?!" 

He chuckled.

"OMO! You smiled again! This is the second time I saw you smile."

Baekhyun just laughed.

"You look good when you smile. You look good without the glasses." 

Baekhyun blushed and focused on eating his food. Dara smiled. 

xxxxxxxx

Beakhyun decided to walk with Dara on her way back to Jessica Jung's house. It was already midnight and he wanted to make sure she's safe. 

She was wearing his glasses.

"Thank you again for paying for me and for walking with me. I'll pay you up in some other ways."

He just nodded. His hands were inside the center pocket of his hoodie.

The wind blew and Dara shriveled. He noticed her reaction and without hesitation, he took off his jacket. He stood in front oh her and helped her wear his jacket. Dara was looking at him while blushing. 

Baekhyun looked at her. His hoodie looked like a dress to her.  He was a bit satisfied that she isn't cold anymore but he didn't like the fact that she was wearing short shorts.

"You should have worn pants. "

Dara blinked a couple of times before she had the guts to answer "Uh... Bommie forced me to wear this." She felt as if she was explaining to her dad.

"Let's go. You should go home. It's late and we still have a class tomorrow."

"Arasso. Oh, I'll wash your jacket and return this to you."

"No need. You can keep it."

Dara blushed as she watched him walk a couple of steps away from her. She smiled.

xxxxxxxx

HAVE YOU SEEN BAEKHYUN'S ABS?!!!!! LOL

Please leave your comments! xoxo