Day 1

King of the Nerds


Baekhyun went straight to his usual seat when he found his first classroom for this year. He has his headset attached to his ears where he can hear the loud music playing. The least he wanted was attention that is why he is wearing those huge glasses and is keeping away from people. 

But, it seems that, because of this, he actually got almost everyone's attention. It's just not the positive attention. He was always being bullied because of the way he looks and the way he dresses. He has been called names and there was a never a day that nothing bad has never happened to him. 

He is now on his second year of college and he's actually getting used to these things. He didn't fight. He just let them be. And this year, he's going to do the same thing, do nothing with bullying. He has endured it almost every year ever since he started attending regular schools, what's another 2 years? 

He was putting his bag down and placing his book and notebook on his desk when everyone kept hushing. But of course, one of the most famous kids in the University just came in.

Sandara Park, 17 years old. Taking up Interior design and Fashion and is good at everything. Top honor student of her department, president of different clubs, heiress of Park's Corporation, talented, kind, gorgeous, smart, and freaking hot. She is one of the Queen Bees in the University but she is the sweetest and she's the most kind. 

She was Baekhyun's ultimate crush ever since he saw her. Nobody knows except him and his brothers. No one in school actually knows he likes her that much. Who would be interested who he has a crush on? Compared to Dara, he's a nobody. He's tagged as the King of the Nerds. No one will be interested.

She looked extra gorgeous today with her black hair tied in a high ponytail. She was entering the room in slow motion. Baekhyun can't take his eyes off her. He noticed her every move. 

His mouth was hung open while looking at her, then.. he noticed that she was asking him something. 

He then became alert and removed his headset. Dara giggled.

"Sorry. Shouldn't have thought you were wearing headsets. Anyway, is this seat taken?" She asked smiling at him. She was referring to the chair beside him.

Baekhyun blinked twice and looked at her. He didn't know what to say.

"Hello? Gwenchana?" Dara said.

"O-o.yea-yeah. No one's sitting there. " He said still looking at her as if she was an angel.

"Perfect. I'll take this sit then." She said and started arranging her things. He just kept staring. 

Dara sighed heavily and smiled and noticed Baekhyun was actually staring at him. Not that she's not used to, but she found it cute. He was cute.

She smiled at him. "I'm Dara. What's your name?" 

Baekhyun's eyes went wide. "I---I'm Byun Baekhyun. I know you. Everybody knows you. You don't have to introduce yourself. I know you."

Dara laughed. "Right. Not really sure if I'm liking that. I guess we'll be seatmates then starting today. What course are you taking?"

"I--I'm taking Architecture."

"Woah. Daebak!"

Baekhyun didn't know what to say. He was about to open his mouth when the professor entered the room.  

Dara gave him a smile before she turned her attention to the professor. Baekhyun almost collapsed.

xxxxxxxx

"What's up, kid?" Kris sat on the chair opposite to where Baekhyun was eating his lunch. 

"Aisht, hyung. I told you not to talk to me in public or you'll blow my cover. I don't want to be associated with any of you." Baekhyun said as he continued eating his lunch. 

"I'm just checking on you. Appa will kill me if something happens to any of you." Kris responded.

"I told you, I can take care of myself."

"I don't really know why you're doing this. If everyone knows you--"

"Hyung, can we not talk about this please? 2 more years and I'm done with this."

"Fine. Just tell me whoever bullies you. I'll take care of them."

"No need. I told you, I can handle my self well. Can you just get out of here? Everybody will notice us.I don't want attention."

"Arasso. Oh, are you coming home later? Mom's asking when she'll see you again."

"I'll call her. I can't go home. I'll stay in my apartment. I'll go home if there's any emergency."

"Suit yourself, dongsaeng. I'll get going. Remember to call mom." 

Kris then stood up and walked to where the basketball team was staying.

xxxxxxxxx

"OMG Dara! Did you hear the news?There's a party at Jessica Jung's house on Wednesday!" Bom sad as she sat on the seat opposite to Dara. Chaerin, known as CL to everyone, took a sit beside Dara.

"Bom, it's the first day of class and you're thinking of gong to a party? " Dara chuckled. 

Park Bom is her cousin and she was her closest. Her mom and Bom was the only source of girly stuff to Dara since Dara has 2 younger brothers and Bom is an only child and a spoiled one at that.

"Come to think of it, that's all you did during the sembreak ,unnie, to party." Chaerin said as she ate her lunch.

"EEEEWWW! Chaerin, you're eating carbs!" Bom said

"Don't care." Chaerin said and continued eating her lunch.

Lee Chaerin is the daughter of Dara's and Bom's moms. The three of them grew up together and eventually became best friends.

The three of them belonged to the richest and most successful families. They are the three most popular girls in the University.

"So, going back to the party, you guys going?" Bom asked.

"No, Bommie. I have a lot of things to do. There's a lot of requirements given even if it's just the first day."

"Oh, c'mon. You don't have to exert any effort, we're gonna be heirs any way."
Chaerin and Dara just chuckled. 

Bom, Dara, and Chaerin are all smart. And even though, they don't study, they can ace any test. 

Dara being Dara, always wanted to do more. She doesn't want to use her family's name just to get what she wants. Her father owns a multimillion company and her mom is known a model and a famous fashion designer. 

Her second brother is a part-time model and a student at the same university. Her youngest brother is still on his last year in high school.

xxxxxxxx

Baekhyun finished all his classes by 5pm. And nerd as he is, he didn't have  any friends to go  strolling or go to a house to hang out. 
He was about to take the stairs up to his apartment, when he noticed someone wearing all black hiding beside the wall. He rolled his eyes and grabbed his phone. A few rings  and the person on the other line answered the phone.

"Hyung." Baekhyun said on the other line.

"What's up, prodigal son? Have you decided to come back home?" The person on the other line said.

"I need you to tell appa to pull out his men from watching me. Seriously, I am not seven, hyung."

"Yah, kid, you know why we need people to watch over you. You're not just someone. You're not just an ordinary kid. You're--"

"Hyung, just please. 2 more years and I'll be back home. Just please, pull out people from watching me. If you don't want to pull them out then at least lessen them to one or 2 people. I don't need a whole van full of men dressed in black suits following me around."

The person on the other line, sighed heavily.

"Luhan hyung. Please. "

"Arasso. We'll pull out some people if that's what you want. "

"Gomawo, hyung."

"Take care of yourself. And please, Baekhyun, call omma. She's worried about you, dongsaeng."

"I will call omma. "

After the call ended, Baekhyun watch the guy hiding on the wall walk like nothing happened. 2 vans started to leave the area as soon as the man got inside one of the vans.

Baekhyun then went up the stairs and saw that someone was occupying the door next to him.

"Annyeong." The guy on who probably was the new tenant said as he looked the door.

Baekhyun just bowed back to him as the other man his age left .

That guy has a weird smile on his face.

xxxxxxxx

Dara's head has almost split into 2. Yes, she's smart, but she does not love numbers. She was stuck in the library trying to figure out the problem their professor left yesterday.

Baekhyun was sitting on the other table and he can clearly see Dara's brows meeting. He finds it cute every time she pouts. He was looking at her all the time. 

"URGH!!!!" Dara whined.

Baekhyun got scared for a bit but later on realized it might be about what she's studying. 

He fought with his own mind for almost five minutes before he decided to approach her.

"Are---are you okay?" He asked. Dara got startled. When she saw who it was, she smiled. 

"Yeah, I'm okay. Sorry about the noise. This is just very frustrating."

Baekhyun sat beside her and decided to check what she was working out.

THIS MUST BE HIS LUCKY DAY!She was working on their assignment and he's damn good with numbers.

Baekhyun bit his lower ip and his eyes shined.

"Uhm..Can I?" Baekhyun said.

Dara handed him the pen she was holding and he took a sit beside her.

He started writing the solution and DAra's eyes grew wide when she finaly understood how to do it.

"There. All done." Baekhyun handed her back the pen and the notebook.

"WOW! How'd you do this?I was trying to figure this out for 1 hour now!" 

Baekhyun smiled.

"Oh! You know how to smile?" Dara smiled even wider. Baekhyun blushed.

"I thought you only had one expression. A blank expression."

Dara kept smiling. She was looking at her notebook where Baekhyun solved the problems written. But, Baekhyun was looking nowhere else but her.

xxxxxxxxx

I know I promised to update this once I finish my other fic but I just can't! Sorry :( but I hope you like the first chap.

Please leave your comments. 

Lav yah! :)