Day 3

King of the Nerds

"What are you smiling about,Dara?! Aisht,  my head hurts so much." Bom said as she held her head.

"How many bottles did  you drink yesterday?" Chaerin asked and gave her a bottle of water.

"Couldn't remember. If Dara didn't disappear, I could have controlled it."

"Yah, don't blame me, woman. "Dara said.

Then she noticed someone just came in the cafeteria. He just passed by their table without even saying hi. 

Did she see me? She asked herself. She pouted.

Baekhyun was so kind to her last night. He even had her keep her jacket but not the glasses. He said he needs it.

"What are you pouting about?!" Seriouosly you've been acting weird ever since last night! Where were you last night?!" Bom asked Dara.

" I thought she was with you? "Chaerin asked

"She was but then she was gone for a couple of hours. When she returned she was as if she has her own world."

"I was just walking around. The party was so boring." Dara answered without interest.

Bom and Chaerin was talking about the party but Dara was not paying attention .Her eyes were looking at Baekhyun who was eating his lunch with Chen mubbling something.

xxxxxxxx

"Dude, Dara has some hots for you. She keeps staring at you!" Chen said. 

Baekhyun just continued eating his lunch.

He  actually saw her but he decided not to say hi. He doesn't want to gain attention and being friends with the most popular girl in the school will surely gain people's attention.

"Dude, you're so lucky! Why don't you say hi!!"

"Shut up. And please find someone else to bother."

"No, thank you. I like being with you. I like bothering you." 

xxxxxxxx

"So as you all may know, intramurals is next week. If you want to sign up for any events, make sure you really commit. I will give additional points for those who achieves a lot. No slacking!" The professor said and everyone started to chat.

It has been three weeks since the last time Dara and Baekhyun talked. Dara tried talking to him but he tried everything to avoid her. She was disappointed but thought that Baekhyun might not want to be friends with her. 

Meanwhile, Chen was the person who always was with Baekhyun whether the latter likes it or not. But, Baekhyun was thankful to Chen. He was there to save him always. He also noticed he was not bullied more often than before. 

"So what event do you usually join?" Chen asked Baekhyun. 

"None. I told you I'm not athletic."

"Well, you can join  the contest for the most cold person in school. I'm sure you'll win that."

"Shut up."

Chen chuckled. "What about you,Dara? Do you join any sport?" 

Both Dara nand Baekhyun was startled. The last thing Baekhyun wants is a conversation with her. He tried his best ignoring her even though he badly wants to talk to her.

"Oh.. uhm..I'm not joining any event. I'll be busy with the programs. You know, organizing and stuff."

"Ohh... arasso."

"C'mon, Chen. It's PE class. I don't want to be late." Bekhyun said and left the room. 

Chen noticed this and sighed heavily. He looked at Dara. The girl just smiled at him as if telling him it was fine even though it's not.

xxxxxxxx

Chen and Baekhyun are now in the gymnasium for their PE class. Baekhyun was just sitting at the bence since he didn't want to play. Chen joined the others with playing basketball. 

Then, Mark, one the their classmates, threw the ball and hit Baekhyun's face. It was a good thing Baekhyun was not hurt much. Although, his glasses broke. 

 Chen  ran towards Mark and held his shirt.

"YAH! Are you blind?! Why did you throw the ball at him?! If you want a fight , find someone who wants to fight with you!"

Chen was ready to hit Mark abut he felt Baekhyun's hand on his shoulder. 

"Chen, let him go. Maybe this is how kids play basketball." 

Chen let go of Mark's shirt and smirked. He was sensing some sarcasm from Baekhyun's words. He knew he was pissed and we has waiting for this day to come. He actually wanted to grab some popcorn now.

"What did you say, nerd?!"  Mark shouted.

"I said, you play like a kid. And to add, you throw like a girl. Is that loud enough for you to hear?" Baekhyun was calm but he was boiling deep inside. 

Chen just laughed. If anything goes wrong, he was ready to punch every guy who tries to harm his friend.
Baekhyun then threw the ball with force back to Mark.

"So you wanna play, nerd? Can you see? Your glasses are now broke."The other guys laughed.

"I can clearly see you. I don't need my glasses to see how lame you play basketball."

Everyone moved away from the court. Other students from other classes also stayed on the bench and watched the two guys on the center of the court. Chen was sitting on the bench without worry.

Dara, Bom, and Chaerin was also sitting on the bench. Dara was worried for Baekhyun. Mark is one of the varsity players and looking at Baekhyun, he doesn't even looked like he knows any sport. 

Chen thought otherwise, he knew Baekhyun was good at the game. He knew it ever since. He knew everything about him.

Mark started dribbling. Both of them are looking at each other. Baekhyun let him off and he was able to shoot the ball.  Everyone cheered for Mark but Chen didn't. He knew Baekhyun wanted it to happen.

"Sissy.Is that all that you can do?" Baekhyun said.
 

Chen laughed his off when he heard Baekhhyun say it.

Mark started to dribble again. This time. Baekhyun was able to steal the ball and shot the ball and scored a three. 

"You just got lucky." Mark said.

Baekhyun smirked. He started dribbling the ball, did a crossover and did a lay up.

"You can't keep up. You're slow." Baekhyun told Mark.

Mark then started to dribble and attempted to shoot but Baekhyun was able to block it and shoot the ball. 

Everyone in the gymnasium grew silent. Nobody expected that a nerd can actually play some basketball. Chen felt like a proud mother hen.

He then approached Baekhhyun in the court. "C'mon,man. You put on a show already. Let the kids play."

 Both of them left the gym.

xxxxxxxx

"Sure know some basketball moves." Chen told Baekhyun as they were walking in the halls. They are now wearing their casual clothes. They are on their way to their next class.

"My brothers and I play basketball before." Baekhyun just said plainly.

"Why didn't you join the varsity?"

Baekhyun stopped and Chen did too. He looked at Chen. He knew it was right to tell him something about himsefl. The guy deserves his trust. Afterall, he saved him many times.

"You know, Kris? The Varsity's Captain ball?

"Yeah? What about him?"

"His my older brother." Baekhyun said.

Chen froze, "You mean.. you're a..you are...NO WAY! NO FREAKING WAY!" 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and started walking away. But he had a smile on his face. It was a relief. At least he offically has a friend. And he knows, even though Chen is a troll, he will keep his secret.

xxxxxxxx

Woah! Who was that guy?!" Bom kept asking as Dara and Chaerin walked with her out of the gym.

"That was Baekhyun. "Dara answered with a smile on her face.

"Baekhyun? You mean the nerd you've been talking about non-stop?" Chaerin responded.

"Aisht. I don't talk about him that much, Chae. "

"Really?Well, if every minute of every vacant period is not enough to describe you're talking about him that much then I don't know what you mean by not talking about him." Chaerin argued.

"Woah! You talk about him?! How come I don't know him?! That is weird!"  Bom inserted.

"Well, I don't know why you don't know him. "

"Why does he not look like a nerd?! He was so cool a while ago!"

"I ..I don't know. Maybe because he wasn't wearing his glasses?"

"He sure is something. But I don't really know why I don't know anything about him. I will find out who he is."

"Bommie, stop being such a weirdo. You don't know to search about him."

"Dara unnie, when Bom unnie wants to find out about something, she will. There's no stopping her."

xxxxxxxx

After her classes, Bom proceeded to the Registrar's office. It was easy for her to get in because their family was one of the shareholders of the school. 

She will find out who Byun Baekhyun is. It's not because she has to know who he is. It's because of Dara. She pretended not to pay attention but it irks her that her beloved cousin looks like she's liking this Byun Baekhyun and she can't let her get hurt by just someone else. She needs to know if she can trust this Baekhyun Nerd.

She settled on one of the computers and started typing his name. After a few minutes, his profile appeared on screen. 

She was reading his profile. Everything seemed normal with his profile. There was nothing special. Nothing weird which was was very strange. It was to safe. 

"Why are reading through my friend's profile?"

Bom almost jumped from her seat when she heard someone else's voice. She stared scarily to the boy in front of her. The guy just smirked and  raised his brow.

"Miss, I was asking you a question. Don't you know it's not good to read through someone else's profile without his permission? Why don't you just ask him the things you want to know?"

"And who are you?" Bom stood up and turned off the PC.

"Who are you? Why are you searching my friend's profile?" The man stood up and stared at her seriously.

"Are you seriously asking me who I am?"

"Do I look like I'm joking here?"

"The name's Park Bom. Anymore stupid questions?"

"Asking for your name isn't stupid. What's stupid is you trying to read through someone else's identity." 

The guy rolled his eyes and started to walk out. Bom grew angry.

"YAH! WHO THE HECK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!"

The guy stopped and turned his head, " Kim Jongdae. Call me Chen.Annyeong."

"YAH!!!!!"

xxxxxxxx

Baekhyun was sitting on one of the corner tables inside the restaurant waiting for one of his hyungs. He got a call from him saying that he needs to know something important. After a few minutes ,he saw his hyung enter the restaurant. He was escorted by two guards which the latter immediately dismissed after seeing him.

"How are you,dongsaeng" His hyung said with a smile on his face.

"I'm doing well, Lay hyung. How was China?"

"China's China.How are your classes? Are you studying well?"

"Of course, hyung.  So what's up?"

Lay's face turned into a serious one.

"We received a report that someone is trying to find you and is planning to kidnap you. Baekhyun, you have to be careful. They're trying to search for you and use you against appa."

Baekhyun became nervous but he knew ,as his father's son, that their lives will always be at stake. He smiled to comfort his brother.

"Thank you for the tip, hyung. I promise you I'll take care. Besides, I'm sure nobody will ever find out who I am."

Lay sighed, "Arasso. If anything happens, you know what to do. "

Baekhyun nodded and held on to his necklace with a thunder pendant.

"I have to go. I still have things to do. Be careful always."

Baekhyun watched his hyung go. He admits, everything wil be easier if he just goes back home but he wanted a simple life, a life that he will never have if everyone knows who he really is.

xxxxxxxx

Dara,Chaerin and Bom are now inside one of Dara's mom's shop.

Dara was just sitting at one of the sofas looking at nowhere while Bom and Chaerin went through the racks on the boutique.

"I just don't understand why his bio is too normal! It's way too normal!UGH!" Bom said as she continuously went through the racks.

"C'mon unnie. you're just annoyed that you'e not right this time. He's just  a plain nerd. " Chaerin said as she browsed through the clothes.

"No. I'm telling you. I can't be wrong!"

"You're just pissed because of the guy who caught you.kekeke"

"Shut up, Chae. That guy is also on my list. He knows something. And I should know what he knows."

"Woah! That sounds so wrong, unnie."

"Dara, what do you think?It's weird that he's way too normal,right?"

Bom and Chaerin didn't hear any responses from Dara, they looked at her and looked at each other.

"Dara?" Bom called her.

"Huh?Uh..yeah..right."

"What's wrong, unnie?" Chaerin and Bom stood in front of Dara. Dara looked up at them.

"I don't really care who he is. It just bothers me that he does not talk to me. I mean, I thought we were friends."

Chaerin and Bom sat beside her.

"Unnie really got some hots over that weird guy."

"You got it bad,Dara,. It just makes me want to know more about that guy."

"Look, I don't have a crush on him, okay? I just..I just want to know why he's not talking to me."

"We'll figure it out, unnie. But for now let's look for awesome clothes for tomorrow's event. It's the first day of the sports but we can't just be ugly!" Chaerin tried to cheer Dara up.

xxxxxxxxx

Dara just got home after having dinner with Bom and Chaerin. He saw his brothers in the living room playing PS4.

She sat down for awhile and rested.

"Where's omma and appa?" Dara asked both her brothers.

"They'll be home late, noona. " Jinwoo, the second eldest told Dara.

"Where have you been, noona? Where did you eat dinner?" Yunhyeong, the maknae  asked.

"I ate dinner with Chae and Bom. Did you guys have dinner already?"

"Neh. We did. Why do you look so worn out? "

Jinwoo and Yunhyeong paused the game and waited for her answer.

"I'm okay. I'm just tired. But I'm fine."

"Did someone piss you off,noona? Tell me who so I can punch him."

Dara laughed.

"Yah, Yunhyeong. No one is hitting anyone. Besides, you're too young to go to prison."Jinwoo explained. "Are you sure you're okay, noona?

"Neh. Why are you guys so sweet? I feel like hugging and kissing you!"

Then, Jinwoo and Yunhyeong continued playing the game after rolling their eyes on Dara.

Dara just laughed. How she loved his brothers.

xxxxxxxx

Today was the first day of the SportsFest.Everyone was busy with their sport, some are busy organizing and the others are cheering for their friends.

Dara,being the president of the Student body was busy organizing and mandating everyone. She was busy making sure everything is in place and nothing was going wrong.

She was able to take some time to rest by afternoon. She was walking around the field when  she saw Baekhyun was going right to were she was walking. 

Baekhyun saw her and immediately turned around. 

Dara was so upset. She knew it. He was avoiding her. She walked fast to reach him and she stood in front of him.

"What is wrong with you?Why are you avoiding me? Did I do something wrong?Gosh, please tell me if I  did something to offend so I won't feel like a criminal."

She said in one go.

Baekhyun was nervous. He didn't want to hurt her. She looked so broken and hurt. Her eyes were showing it all.

"What?! Say something!" Dara said in a quite loud voice.

"UGH! You're so irritating!" Dara was walking out when he started speaking.

"I like you." Baekhyun said.

Dara stopped from walking away and turned around to meet his eyes.

"I..I like you,Sandara. Ever since I saw you, I started liking you. When you talked to me, God knows how much I thanked him for it."

"But..why..why are you avoiding me? You said you like me but you're acting as if you don't want to be with me."

Baekhyun was shocked to hear her ask him that. He knew that Dara always rejects his suitors. He was expecting to get dumped but she asked him a question.

"Because I don't want to get close to you . I like you so much that I m afraid to hurt you. You don't know me,Dara. You don't know who I am."

Dara walked closer to him. Baekhyun just stood in place.

"Then,why won't you give me the chance to know you?"

Baekhyun wanted to hold her. How he wanted to hug her and tell her how much he means to him but he didn't.

"I would love that but I can't. I can't risk your safety just to be with you. I'd rather like you from afar than not see you at all. I'm sorry."

Baekhyun stared at her confused eyes. Her lovely eyes was staring back at him. 

A few minutes after, he walked out leaving her standing there alone.

xxxxxxxx

I swear I wante to include all the YG visuals but all of them are visuals to me and I don't have enough lines for them! HAHAHA!

PS: Baekhyun is not a son of a druglord or a businessman.lol.Wanna take a guess???  If someone would be able to guess, I'll be doing double updates next time but I won't reveal who got it right. kekek.

Lav yah! please leave comments. C'mon,show me  some loveeeee :)